Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/14/2021 12:34:14 AM EDT
I can think of two separate occasions where I downed a fifth of Southern Comfort. Not chugged, not glued, but over the course of a couple hours...oops, looks like I just drank a whole bottle of whiskey (with Coke and lime).

Sometimes I'm surprised I have lived as long as I have.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Does butt chugging count?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know what that is.

Please don't tell me what that is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't say I have and I drink pretty regularly. A 5th is a lot of liquor for one dude in a night let alone a few hours.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Not since college, but a few times then
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
No. I’d be sick.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep

12yo

5th of JD

Did not turn out well! Cops and doctors were involved!

That is all!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

College is what truly separates The Weak from The Strong.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck no.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly he doesn’t need you around either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Kinda, but don't remember much. Remember hanging out the back seat window vomiting my guts up and looking up and seeing headlights approaching...
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Many times.  I had nights where I took out a half gallon.  A horrible way to live.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, but I was young and in the Infantry.

Sad part I was considered a light weight drinker in my platoon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#14]
No way!
well, I mean, no.
Not today.
Err....
Why?
You buying?

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I depends if you open the bottle before you boofer it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Of course. I've put a big dent in some half gallons in my day too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Have you ever drank a fifth?

I never killed a fifth in couple of hours, but I’ve scared the hell out of several.

In four or five hours, many times.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Maybe 3 to 5 times in my late teens. It was common for me to go to parties back in the 80's with a 5th of Jack. Most of the time I'd only drink about 70-80% of the bottle butt finished the bottle....wait, but finished the bottle a hand full of times.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't even count on my hands the number of times where I should have suffered medical consequences for the various substances I ingested back in those days, but here I am
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I can't even count on my hands the number of times where I should have suffered medical consequences for what I put in my body back in those days, but here I am
View Quote

This thread is about DRINKING ALCOHOL.
Not whatever you "put in your body"....
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes.  Once.  A 5th of Jack Daniels.  Funny thing is, I was fucking annihilated, but not for that long,  and then I felt pretty ok.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#22]
In this thread, I find out I'm a piker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't even count on my hands the number of times where I should have suffered medical consequences for what I put in my body back in those days, but here I am

edited my post for all you guys who can't stop thinking about buttholes
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I can’t recall drinking a fifth, but… One especially hot July afternoon, I accidentally drank a whole pint jar of freezing, undiluted 160 proof corn whiskey out by my dock. It was so hot outside that the frosty cold whiskey went down easier than a trailer park chick, and before long the jar was empty. It was a bad move and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone I like.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#25]
A couple times I can think of.

College Halloween party, drank a fifth of bulleit bourbon in a night. Threw up so much I emptied my stomach of solids and was dry heaving the next morning. Went to work and went from drunk to hungover to sober over a 9 hour shift. I was sweating bourbon from my pores.

Night after graduation drank a fifth of Knob Creek over the course of an afternoon and evening. On top of that drank jungle juice and various other things at a house party. Took a swig of grey goose from the bottle towards the end of the night, that caused me to vomit pretty good and sober up some. I was hung over the next day but nothing crazy.

Last summer I drank a fifth of tequila in an afternoon/evening. That one actually turned out ok. I started at noon and really paced myself.  No vomiting ensued.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Since college I almost never drink anymore. I know I had some close calls and basically got it out of my system. Some great memories, some very fuzzy ones, some bad ones.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Southern Comfort......  I'm sorry but that shit's NASTY!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:16:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Having gone to college later in life, I recall overhearing young people talk about the parties they went to, and how they downed a fifth and got hammered and had a great time.

Most of them were likely full of it. I remember barfing through my nose after half of a fifth. (A tenth?)

I don't think I've ever come close to finishing a fifth in more than a few days. I guess I'm a light weight.

Three to four drinks and I'm good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#30]
I did most of two in about three hours mixing them.

That was one of the worst nights of my life.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Killed a few in my day,  dented more than a few and scared the hell out of others.

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#32]
No. I look forward to it, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:18:38 AM EDT
[#33]
I couldn't do it. I know people that can and I'm glad I'm not them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#34]
a fifth was nothing back when I drank. Drank a 1/2 gallon bottle of JD one evening along with some stuff from Colombia back in the 80's. No problem.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can think of two separate occasions where I downed a fifth of Southern Comfort. Not chugged, not glued, but over the course of a couple hours...oops, looks like I just drank a whole bottle of whiskey (with Coke and lime).

Sometimes I'm surprised I have lived as long as I have.
View Quote

a fifth of low proof soco? Fruity stuff goes down easy.

A friend and I each killed fifths of crown on some nights. Stuff went down easy.

a Fifth is about 13 cocktails and yeah, nowadays that'd kill me in an evening.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#36]
16th Bday (Jim Beam: Miss you, Joe)
Was sick.
Blew any chance of the plethora of chances of getting laid.
Have never since....not a "Whole" fifth, anyway.

Wait........what span of time are we talkin', 'cause that parameter could change all of the above?

Just wanted to add, don't know nor care anything about "buttchuggin'". Damn glad that wasn't a thing in my day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Opened a fifth of Evan Williams, started having some drinks and then totally black outed at some point.  Woke up next day covered in bloody vomit, blood vomit on the sheets, in the bathtub, all the shit in my apartment had be knocked over or off kilter, like I'd been bumping into everything.

Anyway, next day the bottle was up right on the counter and practically empty, so I guess I did.  Would not recommend.  Glad I quit drinking, it ain't for me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:23:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Only twice.  

A 5th of Jack Daniels after witnessing my friend get deep fried by a 1200A switchgear.  No fault of his, it was just old and dilapidated.  He walked in the electrical room, BOOM, and never came out.  I was literally 3' from the door when the FD brought him out.  The wife said I was crying like mad for 2 hours, but no recollection of it at all.

Second time was after coming home and finding my son's best friend and former unit mate on my front porch after he suck-started a Ruger Blackhawk.  Thank God I found him and not the wife.  I kicked in to professional mode for the next 24 hours.  My security/LEO reserve training just kicked in, and I couldn't turn it off.  I downed a 5th of JD Fire the next night.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#39]
A fifth of whisky is child's play drink a pint of Everclear.

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes- cheap canadian whiskey that i think cost $7

took it in the theater and mixed it with the largest pepsi cup they had and downed the whole thing while watching the movie Hostel and finished it.

I could barely walk out the theater and vomited out my bedroom window at home and then out the window of the car on the way to work the next morning. Vomit really does go everywhere at 60mph. Work that day was miserable but still made flat rate time on my oil pan gasket replacement on ford straight six.

Iv not not done that again and dont drink anymore. Got it all out of my system. Been worse on everclear though and only time iv had memory loss while drinking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Many times.  I had nights where I took out a half gallon.  A horrible way to live.
View Quote

A half gallon is brutal, physically, mentally, and spiritually

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:29:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In this thread, I find out I'm a piker.
View Quote
#metoo

Not a bad club to be in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Only twice.  

A 5th of Jack Daniels after witnessing my friend get deep fried by a 1200A switchgear.  No fault of his, it was just old and dilapidated.  He walked in the electrical room, BOOM, and never came out.  I was literally 3' from the door when the FD brought him out.  The wife said I was crying like mad for 2 hours, but no recollection of it at all.

Second time was after coming home and finding my son's best friend and former unit mate on my front porch after he suck-started a Ruger Blackhawk.  Thank God I found him and not the wife.  I kicked in to professional mode for the next 24 hours.  My security/LEO reserve training just kicked in, and I couldn't turn it off.  I downed a 5th of JD Fire the next night.
View Quote

Damn man.  I don't think anyone would blame you for that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:38:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Nope.

But liqour isn't really my thing.

I like beer.  It makes me a jolly good fellow.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:45:00 AM EDT
[#46]
All but three shots worth of 1800

the night before getting on a plane to ETS the Army. Four of us cracked the bottle with a toast to me and I drank the rest myself through the night.

edit

for some reason that night I thought eating a box of vanilla wafers with my bottle of tequila was a good idea. The vomit had an interesting look and texture.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:45:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Once!  Captain Morgan Tattoo.  Was making Tattoo bombs all night with redbulls.   Weirdest experience of my life.  I was drunk wanting to pass out, but was still amped up from the redbull.  That was well over 10 years ago.

I haven't drank Captain Morgam tattoo since

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A fifth of whisky is child's play drink a pint of Everclear.

View Quote
Me and a buddy in college killed a pint of Everclear in a gallon of orange juice.  Puked several times in the bushes outside his apartment and had the shits for 3 days.  Do not recommend!

Highest beer count was 22 out of a case of Coors Light (also college)  was doing fine until we made a Taco Bell run.  Huge mistake!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Once!  Captain Morgan Tattoo.  Was making Tattoo bombs all night with redbulls.   Weirdest experience of my life.  I was drunk wanting to pass out, but was still amped up from the redbull.  That was well over 10 years ago.

I haven't drank Captain Morgam tattoo since

View Quote

Meyer's old spice rum and Jolt Cola gave me that feeling as well
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Two hours? I doubt I did that, but can't say I never did

A fifth over the course of the day was fairly routine back in the day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top