Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimless!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
She’s dead Jim.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Lot of space in Yellowstone to dump a body. . . .

Parents seem optimistic, but I think the situation speaks for itself
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

i used to spend a lot of time in eastern WY for pipeline work.

lots of bodies get dumped in those parts from drug deals gone bad in denver.

dozer operator was pointing out all the good hiding spots to me as we were driving around aimlessly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She’s dead Jim.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She’s dead Jim.
View Quote

Yup, my first thought too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She’s dead Jim.
View Quote

i wonder if he did or was one of those cases of people disappearing like in missing 411 on national parks
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#8]
"b/f lawyers up in Florida" because that's where he and "Long Island woman" lived for the past two and a half years.  Who writes these headlines?    

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
He’s going to be blamed for it whether he did it or not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If your SO died while you were on a cross country road trip you think you'd be more helpful than driving to the other side of the country, lawyering up, and not talking to cops lol

Like you know, maybe call the parents and tell them what happened?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is why it was wise for boyfriend to "lawyer up." I would, for certain. Keep your mouth zipped up and hire an attorney.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I do
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"b/f lawyers up in Florida" because that's where he and "Long Island woman" lived for the past two and a half years.  Who writes these headlines?    

I do
That explains a lot about the NYPost.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If your SO died while you were on a cross country road trip you think you'd be more helpful than driving to the other side of the country, lawyering up, and not talking to cops lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.

In my 20s if my girlfriend was argumentative and wanted to get out of the car I’d let her too. At that age I wouldn’t call her mom.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Rough spot to be in if your spouse goes missing and you didn't have anything to do with it.

Can't say as I wouldn't retain an attorney under those circumstances.

Local guy's wife vanished a few months ago. They like him for her disappearance/murder but lack evidence.
So they have taken his kids away from him, issued a GVRO/Red Flag order against him (because of gun pics found on his phone) and arrested him for felony (paperwork) violations of state gun laws.
FWIW, I think dude did off his wife but that isn't what matters. Being innocent until proven guilty does.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe someone read that arcane law review article about “the perfect crime” which is a murder in some tiny sliver of Yellowstone where there is no jurisdiction to prosecute.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Lots of theories.

To lawyer up and shut up makes us assume guilt.

Could this also be a publicity stunt? Could this have been pre planned?

We’ll see I guess. Lots of places for someone to disappear out here. We’ve got a couple people that disappeared this season that they haven’t found yet still. (One recent, one from the beginning of summer).
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#21]
That maybe implied in most threats made in this part of the country. There’s a lot of land. A lot of it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Maybe someone read that arcane law review article about “the perfect crime” which is a murder in some tiny sliver of Yellowstone where there is no jurisdiction to prosecute.
View Quote

Idaho sliver.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_of_Death_
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#24]
That's a bold move, boyfriend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Which is why it was wise for boyfriend to "lawyer up." I would, for certain. Keep your mouth zipped up and hire an attorney.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You tend to look a bit guilty if you lose your live-in girlfriend of 2+ years on a cross country trip, thousands of miles away from home, and don’t think it wise to mention it to anyone before driving all that way back.

Maybe she decided to randomly dump and ditch him in the middle of a national park, leaving him, the vehicle, and at least her cell phone (considering she hasn’t contacted her family in a few weeks).  

Anything is possible, but common sense and logic point to a more likely outcome here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe someone read that arcane law review article about "the perfect crime" which is a murder in some tiny sliver of Yellowstone where there is no jurisdiction to prosecute.

Idaho sliver.

I know Brian Kalt, pretty clever to figure that out, but I told him he should have kept his mouth just shut in case.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You tend to look a bit guilty if you lose your live-in girlfriend of 2+ years on a cross country trip, thousands of miles away from home, and don’t think it wise to mention it to anyone before driving all that way back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. He killed her for god knows why. I'd hire an attorney and let them talk for me though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sure.

In my 20s if my girlfriend was argumentative and wanted to get out of the car I’d let her too. At that age I wouldn’t call her mom.
View Quote

I totally get that. . . . but after an extended period of time when the parents are crying on National Television asking for their daughter to come home?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh, thought that was Yellowstone as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I agree. He killed her for god knows why. I'd hire an attorney and let them talk for me though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, agreed.  Certainly is the wise decision.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The OP of the thread wrote the title. Do you not know who he is and the power he has over the masses?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I totally get that. . . . but after an extended period of time when the parents are crying on National Television asking for their daughter to come home? lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.

I totally get that. . . . but after an extended period of time when the parents are crying on National Television asking for their daughter to come home? lol

Sure. It would be polite to call her mom and mention they broke up and he dropped her off at a gas station if that’s the case. Or she was selling ass on an app and met a sugar daddy who is talking her to California. Whatever the truth is
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Fell over the railing on the cruise ship? Oh, wait, that was my..... NM.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#37]
“I think she was the kind of person who was free,”
View Quote
“She went where the day took her. She didn’t have a plan.
View Quote
“Gabby, we just want you to come home,” he said. “Call us. Let us know you’re OK. Come home, please.”
View Quote

Doesn't paint a real good picture of her, could back up her boyfriend's lawyer if he says she just took off. I mean her parents just stated in national media that she is like that.

Never talk to anyone in an instance like this without a lawyer, ever.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They border each other... practically one contiguous park. She'll probably never be found. No doubt all of her flesh has been consumed at this point. Sad shit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like she got left at the “train station”.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#40]
OD'ed, BF panicked.

"Free spirit.''
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#41]
What is with the GoFundme for the family?

Are they going to offer it up as a reward or for funeral expenses if they find her body?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I read this news story earlier.  Sad, she was a pretty young lady and wanted to go on an adventure while she was young with no responsibilities and now she's missing with a 99% chance of being dead.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They’re fairly close to one another, about 10 miles away.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Doesn't paint a real good picture of her, could back up her boyfriend's lawyer if he says she just took off. I mean her parents just stated in national media that she is like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
“I think she was the kind of person who was free,”
“She went where the day took her. She didn’t have a plan.
“Gabby, we just want you to come home,” he said. “Call us. Let us know you’re OK. Come home, please.”

A lot of these van life kids are basically just hobos with a vehicle and get into the same types of problems as your street bums. Drugs, prostitution, fights..
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#45]

From Long Island in Wyoming. Boyfriend lawyers up in Florida.

Uhhhhh yeeeeaahhhh. Alrighty then.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. This story has a strange smell. Appaerently BF loses live in GF and the van they traveled in, then POOF!, he's left the scene and is FL lawyered up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#47]
The long black train
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

i wonder if he did or was one of those cases of people disappearing like in missing 411 on national parks
View Quote

Either the boyfriend killed her or she was taken by Bigfoot. It's a toss-up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that pretty much speaks for itself.  I'm not saying he's guilty, but he's guilty.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's going to be blamed for it whether he did it or not.

Exactly. He might have done it or not, or she might show up in Salt Lake City or Seattle in a month. But there's very little good that can happen for him and lots of bad that can happen by talking to the police.

It's worth remembering the the difference between a "person of interest" and a "suspect" is.... Absolutely nothing. They're the same thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 231
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top