Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/13/2021 12:18:09 PM EDT
https://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/news/local/boy-killed-in-high-speed-chase-leden-boykins/85-aaae28c6-568e-4594-8fc1-045609472e95

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. — A 12-year-old child was the victim of a high-speed chase that ended in a crash that killed him. Leden Boykins was a passenger in a car driven by a neighbor, who was being chased by Georgia State Patrol Troopers on September 10.

As Leden’s parents continue to find out more about why their neighbor was fleeing the troopers, they've asked Georgia State Patrol to explain why the troopers could not have found a way to save Leden’s life, instead of stopping the chase the way they did.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Why was your son riding with an idiot?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang.  Pits got another kid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Georgia: 12 year old dead after neighbor runs from cops
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like charges need to be brought against the driver of the vehicle...
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Why couldn't the police use a tractor beam to remove the 12 year old from the car and gently place him inside the cop car before the pit maneuver
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Happened near me. The State Police around here are serious business. I'm surprised they didn't shoot him as he drove off.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe they didn't know?  12 year olds can be sneaky.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why couldn't the police use a tractor beam to remove the 12 year old from the car and gently place him inside the cop car before the pit maneuver
View Quote

Seems they could have just had Scotty beam the kid up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Remember everyone, it's always going to be your fault somehow. The question is never "why was there a high speed chase when we have radios, GPS, cameras, and massive databases" or "why was it necessary to crash the vehicle." When a cop shoots you in a 2am wrong address no-knock they'll comb through your history to find a reason why you had it coming, or just as often look for someone with a similar name and claim that you had it coming. Three total strangers chase you down and hold you at gunpoint? Your fault if you fight, your fault if you flee, your fault if you stand there and die.

The bootlickers will never run out of excuses why the police are unaccountable. Like an abusive boyfriend, they'll tell you that if you didn't want to get hurt you should have just let them do whatever they wanted without question.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a scumbag’s crimes led to the death of a kid. Blame the criminal, not the police.

It’s situations like this that are why some departments have basically stopped pursuing vehicles entirely. Too much liability. And then you have victims wondering why the police won’t chase the criminals anymore.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Good pit.  Shame about the kid, but the guy at fault was the one initiating a high speed chase from police.  A head on with another innocent drive could have killed a lot more than just his neighbor's kid.  Neighbor was dumb for letting him drive their kid around.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All you Science nerds... Lets look at something in a serious manner please. The Flash should have been able to run to the vehicle,  open the door, turn the car off and safely extricate the 12 year old in the blink of an eye...
Star TreK... Pfft
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Happened near me. The State Police around here are serious business. I'm surprised they didn't shoot him as he drove off.
View Quote

Yea. Those troopers are good guys in that area since I’ve worked with them for 10yrs.

Juvenile pieces of work like you on the other hand…..

It’s a shit situation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yea. Those troopers are good guys in that area since I’ve worked with them for 10yrs.

It’s a shit situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a shit situation.

Yeah, but did the cops make it better or worse?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok I found a 21'er I actually like. You can stick around for awhile.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]
None of you dumb asses even read the article....

The neighbor was a sovereign citizen, this is why he ran from the cops.

ETA: The neighbor killed the kid, not the cops
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, but did the cops make it better or worse?
View Quote

What race were the cops? That will help determine the answer to the question.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]
“sovereign citizen”... damn beat by a minute and a half
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Remember everyone, it's always going to be your fault somehow. The question is never "why was there a high speed chase when we have radios, GPS, cameras, and massive databases" or "why was it necessary to crash the vehicle." When a cop shoots you in a 2am wrong address no-knock they'll comb through your history to find a reason why you had it coming, or just as often look for someone with a similar name and claim that you had it coming. Three total strangers chase you down and hold you at gunpoint? Your fault if you fight, your fault if you flee, your fault if you stand there and die.

The bootlickers will never run out of excuses why the police are unaccountable. Like an abusive boyfriend, they'll tell you that if you didn't want to get hurt you should have just let them do whatever they wanted without question.
View Quote

Welcome fellow firearm enthusiast!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Need more details but this sounds a lot different than that prego woman who was trying to find a safe place to pull over.  

A shit situation indeed.  Sad.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Pit manuever for a dumbass "sovereign citizen"?

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Only thing that gives me pause is that the cops knew there were two kids in the car.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well you can't blame the heroes!  They have to go home at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Acting like it's never the fault of the perpetrator and always the fault of the police is just as obtuse as claiming the opposite.  The driver of the car made a really stupid decision here and got his neighbor's kid killed for it.  On occasion, the police actually do make the right call.  Broken clock and all that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Speed of peace.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Only thing that gives me pause is that the cops knew there were two kids in the car.
View Quote

They might not have, depending on the amount of window tint (I'm just guessing from that article, that dude probably had a lot of tint).

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIF.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
“sovereign citizen”... damn beat by a minute and a half
View Quote

I tend to favor the police when sovereign citizens are involved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

So did the clown driving the car.  Once he sped off and was driving erratically, he became a danger to every other driver on the road.  So they should have just let him speed away so he can have a head on with another innocent driver and kill two families instead of just his neighbor's son?  It was a shit situation all around, but the driver created said situation.  Not the police.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#34]
At what speed is a pit unsafe or deadly? How fast was the driver going at the time of the pit? Since the officers spent time at the car window trying to get the guy to roll down his window, there is no way they did not see the two kids in the car with him. Knowing this, why would they use a pit maneuver on his car with two young children in it, especially if it was done at a speed known to increase the risk of deaths? There are many unanswered questions. Probably would have been a lot safer to run one of those strips that blow out tires, or just let the guy go and catch up to him later when it can be done safely. They had his license plate. It's not like they couldn't find him later.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And the flip side of the equation is that it's never, ever, ever someone else's fault when the cops kill someone.

The height of that reasoning may well have been reached a few years ago in St. Petersburg, when an undercover detective unit was tailing a suspected holdup artist. Perp goes into a gas station, and randomly executes the clerk, then runs out and gets caught. Family of the perp proceeds to blame the popo, because they didn't arrest the suspect before he could pull the trigger. Obviously the cops needed to all be fired because they hadn't properly implemented the Precrime Initiative...
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Is Burn Loot Murder doing their thing over this?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm impressed someone was able to find a stretch of 92 in Paulding that was clear enough to speed on, especially on a Friday.

I'm assuming it was somewhere south of Hiram, but couldn't find any more info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#38]
There's a whole lot of fuckery in that article. Sucks that kid had to die because of some fucktard sovereign citizen though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#39]
hErO pRoTecTeD aNd sErveD
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I do enjoy bashing cops anytime they fuckup. I'm not seeing that here.  It is the actions of the dude running that did this.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sounds like a scumbag’s crimes led to the death of a kid. Blame the criminal, not the police.

It’s situations like this that are why some departments have basically stopped pursuing vehicles entirely. Too much liability. And then you have victims wondering why the police won’t chase the criminals anymore.
View Quote

Sure the criminal is at fault, still it's worth looking at whether making out maneuvers on cars with passengers who aren't confirmed criminals is a thing we the people should have stayed agents doing.  I don't want the cops using deadly force against a 12 year old that isn't the perpetrator of a dangerous crime.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I don’t know much but hunting in Texas showed me a 11yo is actually an adult, or at least acts like it.

The kids there will step up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Remember everyone, it's always going to be your fault somehow. The question is never "why was there a high speed chase when we have radios, GPS, cameras, and massive databases" or "why was it necessary to crash the vehicle."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Remember everyone, it's always going to be your fault somehow. The question is never "why was there a high speed chase when we have radios, GPS, cameras, and massive databases" or "why was it necessary to crash the vehicle."

How do you identify the driver of a fleeing vehicle beyond a reasonable doubt if you allow the vehicle to get away? Are you suggesting the cops should simply arrest the registered owner?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Namely felony murder. He caused the death of another while in the process of committing a crime.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't do stupid things
Don't go to stupid places
Don't lend your car to stupid people
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems pretty clearly felony vehicle homicide under GA law  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
His parents were in Michigan for a family funeral when he was killed. His grandmother, who was staying with Leden at the family's Paulding County home, had given Leden permission this past Thursday to earn some money by accompanying a close friend and neighbor to his job, cleaning parking lots at night. The neighbor is Charles Moore, and Moore's 14-year-old son also went along.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#49]
On their way home, according to the Georgia State Patrol, troopers pulled Moore over for speeding. They said that Moore would not produce his driver's license. Instead, according to the GSP, he drove off and began speeding again while driving recklessly, for three and a half miles along Highway 92, until troopers used a PIT maneuver to stop him.

Responsibility lays with Moore... Own it...
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't consider speeding a justification for a high speed chase personally. The fleeing makes a stronger case for it certainly, but they still don't have any evidence of actual wrongdoing besides the speeding.

I don't say that to absolve the driver of guilt in the situation, but to highlight what matters to me as "the public." I'm more concerned with the potential consequences of a high speed chase than I am of the cops stopping someone for speeding, or a fishing expedition, or whatever the real intentions were.

Is the pursuit happening to stop some kind of violent crime in progress? Or at least a known violent criminal who is a major danger to the public? If it's not to keep someone from immediate harm then I'd rather not have them dogging someone through traffic at 100+. The chance of harm to the public and our property is greater from the chase itself than from some hood rat that's running because of a couple crack rocks in his pocket. And he'll be back out on the street shortly anyway, so what is that accomplishing in return for the added danger of pursuit?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top