Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2021 10:33:08 AM EDT
Or would you rather death be instantaneous?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the manner in which I am going to die.  I'd rather it be quick, not wasting away from some bullshit disease.  Car crash, drowning, fire, those seem like shitty ways to go too.

I think I would like to be in the mountains just looking around taking everything in, and have someone shoot me in the head.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Surrounded by a mountain of dead commies laying in a mound of empty brass.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on how much time.  Cancer and have a few months to settle things. Sure.  Car crash where I get pinned and slowly bleed out? No thanks, I'd rather get decapitated in the crash.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

SPNI
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an aunt who passed away from a heart attack.  DRT.  It was a blessing.  She was up and running during the day, visiting and enjoying life.  Went home and had her heart attack.  No suffering or wasting away in some hospital.  Thank you Hay-Suess for making it quick.

I'm grateful for the time I spent with her because I learned a lot about the family and how my family survived during the Great Depression.  I wrote everything down, had her check it for accuracy and after she passed, shared it with her daughter, my cousin. It had a lot of things that my cousin wasn't aware of either.

My aunt had a good death.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Since my affairs are in order, instantaneous.
Lightning strike, head-on car crash with a semi, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Twice I saw it coming but lucked out.
View Quote
Everything slowed down didn't it. Like inception slow
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think I would like to be in the mountains just looking around taking everything in, and have someone shoot me in the head.
View Quote

So, we're gonna have a big farm w/ lots & lots of rabbits...
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#12]
As long as I achieve total consciousness, I got that going for me.  Which is nice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So, we're gonna have a big farm w/ lots & lots of rabbits...
View Quote

YEP!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#14]
That's a hard question.
Earlier this month, before I had the heart attack, I was weed trimming under a huge oak tree that's over 100 feet tall. I had my earbuds in listening to some tunes.
As I was working, I took a small step to the right and BAM!!! A big limb 30 feet long and as big around as my leg crashed down just where I was standing a spit second before. It would have probably killed me as it came from about 75 feet up with nothing to slow it down. So I probably wouldn't have known what hit me. But I really believe that the Lord watched out for me. That would have probably been a quick death. But I'm glad to still be here even though the heart attack. August has been a rough month for me. But it could have been worse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Doesn't matter to me.

I have absolutely no control over that, it's entirely up to God when he wants me to go.  I don't worry about things I have zero control over.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#16]
My dream death would be to drown in the ocean while maintaining total consciousness and situational awareness.  I’ve heard that the dolphins come and sing to you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Ive got stage 4 inoperable bile duct cancer at my liver, done chemo radiation and now doing immunotherapy.
Id take a heart attack
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I either want time to say goodbye.....or I want to die ankle deep in brass with Chinese paratroopers all around me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Look down and belly has been shot wide open.
Like, oh hell.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I want to be shot in the back,by a jealous husband.
On the downstroke.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the 3 passengers in the vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Die seeing it coming like tied to a chair?

Or die seeing it coming stacking brass?

there's a difference you know...
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
On the downstroke.
View Quote

Are you from Huntington boy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have an aunt who passed away from a heart attack.  DRT.  It was a blessing.  She was up and running during the day, visiting and enjoying life.  Went home and had her heart attack.  No suffering or wasting away in some hospital.  Thank you Hay-Suess for making it quick.

I'm grateful for the time I spent with her because I learned a lot about the family and how my family survived during the Great Depression.  I wrote everything down, had her check it for accuracy and after she passed, shared it with her daughter, my cousin. It had a lot of things that my cousin wasn't aware of either.

My aunt had a good death.
View Quote

My BIL died in his sleep from a heart attack.
The circumstances sucked and are suspect (late 40s, nominally healthy/active, was recovering from feeling horrid post covid vaccine).
But he just went to sleep and didn't wake up. Whatever he was dreaming about just faded into something else (what/wherever we go when we die).
He was wearing his Apple watch at the time of his passing and we pulled the heart rate data from it.

Normal heart rate..... then nothing. No spike, nothing that indicated distress, just off. SIL said he was in the same position that he usually slept in.

I will take that, death by orgasm or somewhere north of 150mph and my last brief thought being "shit" then lights out.

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I picked to see it coming. Maybe a week away? I have suffered burns enough to know I don't want to see that coming!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Can't see any good reason to see it coming. It might scare me and Id rather not be scared.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Two years ago, I passed out at work.  I was standing and talking to someone and all of a sudden I started to feel weak.  Everything started to go black and close in, the guy I was talking to, was able to grab onto me and guide me to the ground.

It did feel very peaceful, if that was death it would not have been that bad.  

I watched my father and brother in law slowly fade away from cancer and Parkinson's, that I would never want to go through.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd like to know the date/time and instantaneous.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ive got stage 4 inoperable bile duct cancer at my liver, done chemo radiation and now doing immunotherapy.
Id take a heart attack
View Quote

Prayers inbound
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm not afraid of being dead at all. Kinda looking forward to what is next, but TBH the actual process of dying scares the crap out of me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#31]
I would want time to prepare things, and people.  I would of course want it to be easy and painless, but I'd definitely like some time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quick, painless, no need to know about it, till I know about it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Id take a heart attack
View Quote

Just keep fighting, and enjoy the decent days.

Praying for ya.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm not afraid of being dead at all. Kinda looking forward to what is next, but TBH the actual process of dying scares the crap out of me.
View Quote

Exactly what my dad said. Pretty much word for word. He died in their home and my mom was not there to see it. A family friend was there. She said dad got up out of his chair took a couple of steps backwards and fell. She went to his side and slid a pillow inder his head. She asked him if he was ok and he replied “i think im going to be just fine”. Died a few seconds later.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
On the downstroke.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I would like my death to be as instantaneous as possible.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#37]
@striper

did you get a message from me?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know if I'd want to see it coming... but I'd want to be prepared.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#41]
If I see death coming, I'll try to kill it first.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I want to see her cumming on my face when it happens.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:12:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Considering the extreme amount of alzheimer victims that run in my family, along with all manner of cancers.
I will more than likely see my death coming.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:13:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes, as long as it’s that butch army bitch walking up to piss on my face.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:13:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#47]
I know that ultimately I probably check myself out..  a late afternoon in the fall.. smoke from a distant fire in the air... leaves starting to change color and fall... just a little chill in the air...

Whatever the reason I have to do what i have to do, I make sure my dogs are taken care of, walk outside so as not to mess up the house, and do the needful...
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:26:52 AM EDT
[#48]
I guess I’d want to see it coming, if for nothing else than to see the actual process of what happens just before the lights go out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:40:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Hard to say. I'd like it to be relatively painless but am interested in the process. I guess I'll just leave it up to God's will.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I know that ultimately I probably check myself out..  a late afternoon in the fall.. smoke from a distant fire in the air... leaves starting to change color and fall... just a little chill in the air...

Whatever the reason I have to do what i have to do, I make sure my dogs are taken care of, walk outside so as not to mess up the house, and do the needful...
View Quote

Would leave a note in my truck and walk into the woods far enough to where wolves and bears feed. Less mess that way.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top