Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2001 10:28:01 AM EDT
Why is it you never see ARs in any chain store like wal-mart, kmart oshmans academy or any of them? Mini-14s, 11-87s, Benelli semis, Glocks n Smiths n stuff are okay but why not AR? because it looks mean?

A crazy wack-job who's capable of passing nics, and has an extra 800 bucks, couldn't lay down any more fire or kill anymore people with a 10rd mag-equipped-ar like wal-mart would have than he could any of the abovementioned. It's discrimination against rifles of color is what it is.

and there are lots of people out there who have them already or would want them if they saw them in a display case, seriously some folks don't even know ARs exist until they see one for the first time, then they want one REAL BAD!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
It's probably the same reason they put them green olives in the glass jars where you can see 'em, all nice and pretty. But the black olives? The MAN puts them in a can, hidin' 'em away where you can't see 'em. [thinking]

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Walmart will not sell you an AR. Besides being "politicaly incorrect", the chains consider these type weapons as a liabilty. Just stupid thinking on their part.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The Fred Meyer here in town used to sell the Bushmaster shortie, but last time I was there I didn't see any.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]
They're EVIL
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]
...and they make anybody who touches them want to go out and shoot up a day care center or a school! [;)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Big K (K-Mart) up here in Alaska sells AR-15's and Norincos all day long. I know that they get them from VF Grace.

I wonder if that is a store to store policy? And I am sure if they are banned in that municipality then they wouldn't be able to sell them.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretend you are a crazed nutbar, for a second who just happens to snap in walmart and decides now is the time to do whatever the hell they plan on accomplishing. Walmart has plenty of stuff you don't have to pass nics for, and some things are just cooler than any gun like those assault-chainsaws..you know the ones i'm talking about they're mounted on a ten foot retractable pole. or 4-stroke weedeaters with a blade...hypocrites.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#8]
i dont know about anyware else but i have never seen a glock,smith n wesson s or for that matter any handguns at the walmarts or k marts in north carolina and we are a gun frendly state?????
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
There's not a ready market for the AR in most chain stores. Even "outdoor" stores like GI Joe's don't have a market demand for the AR.

Joe's has a policy against "assault style" guns, and they don't carry handguns.

But with the AR, besides no market demand, the chain store is just not geared to servicing the customer who would buy an AR. It's just not a "chain store" class of firearm.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#10]
i dont know about anyware else but i have never seen a glock,smith n wesson s or for that matter any handguns at the walmarts or k marts in north carolina and we are a gun frendly state?????
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Big K (K-Mart) up here in Alaska sells AR-15's and Norincos all day long. I know that they get them from VF Grace.

I wonder if that is a store to store policy? And I am sure if they are banned in that municipality then they wouldn't be able to sell them.

Hunter out...
View Quote

Yeah, from what I've seen in Alaska, those folks up their don't shy away from the "fun" guns. They buy, sell and own anything they please without fear. Gotta love a state like that.

Now the women up there, that's another issue. Lot's look like Ruland Gardener, the Olympic wrestling gold meddle winner. I guess you can't have it all.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm glad Wal/K-Mart doesn't sell AR-style weapons.  It keeps my AR that much more original than the other guys with their round'a'bout rifles.

Of course, if they did start selling them, people might just think twice about how "evil" the gun is if K-Mart started carrying that make of weapon.  Then again, people would probably just think "my God, why is Wal/K-mart selling machine guns?  Oh the horror, please keep the children away before they find them and kill the local schoolchildren with them..." and start crying as they go buy soccer jerseys for their kids and accessories for their minivans.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#13]
China won't let them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the local WalMart has AR's on shelf.  Last time I looked they had 2 hanging on the desplay shelf.  They also had a SA M1A Scout.  I guess it depends on the store's sporting goods department manager.      
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
You wanna know why?  Because the magic phrase is involved:

[size=4][i]AR-15s ARE [b]ASSAULT WEAPONS.[/b][/i][/size=4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Hell, the academy, k-mart, and target here in Austin have the sorriest excuse for a firearms department I have ever seen.  It is probably the reason that they don't sell a whole lot either.

Hell I would be happy if they carried weatherby or a few brownings, much less pistols and ar's.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
K Mart sucks. They'd probably give you a rain check
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey you guys have pointed out one more reason why Walmart can still kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I consider ar15's home defense rifles, not assault rifles. Jim
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Do the Wal-Marts in your area sell handguns? I thought it was against company policy. Where I live they say they will order you one but they don't stock any.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top