Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 96
Posted: 8/2/2021 7:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cm]
06-27-2022 - jovan pulitzer paper analysis p 68

04-04-2022 raffensperger issued 4 subpoenas for information after ignoring truethevote for a year.... problem is, there was a person that was lead counsel for abram's group that would get the name of the whistleblower, if ttv complies... p65

04-04-2022 charles kirk talks to dinesh d'sousza about the truethevote info - says he saw the evidence and saw harvesters visiting abram's offices between ballot drops... nightly - page 62

03-01-2022 Dispite speaker vos attempts to derail the investigation into wisconsin election fraud by gableman, gableman presented an interim report in a hearing today, reccommending the election be decertified

not a good summary of what happened in the hearing has been found yet, but a link to the report is on page 60

02-11-2022 Feds want to supress both full and redacted reports that  dominion machines have vulnerabilities and are hackable, because they don't want others to know what the vulnerabilities are p59 or https://apnews.com/article/technology-georgia-atlanta-voting-elections-d4543623099fea5bf3633d0913532c11

01/28/2022 PA state court ruled that the no excuse mail in voter law was unconstitutional. article P58, likely to be put on hold while appealed to PA supreme court by the governor

01/12/22 raffensperger to be interviews on john fredericks show, links p57

01/04/22 - raffensperger openning investigation into reports of ballot harvesting and collussion, reports made by truethevote from back in august - page 57

dec - various reports of investigations going on page 57

12/08 - wisconsin state hearing on voter rolls, too many discrepencies such as over 120,000 ACTIVE voters who have been registered to vote for more than 100 years, etc. too many to  to list, thanks to DaGoose for finding video see p55

11/19 update 12/2   kemp has his own office do investigation into claims available (as not all information that is suppose to be available has been provided) fulton county data doesn't match their reported numbers from prior audits....

kemp's office finds the fulton county information and numbers can't be vaildated, as they don't match and fulton county and calls for state investigation page 55

11/09 - voter ga has determined all in person ballot images are missing in fulton county, and 74 counties are also missing ballot images and more p54

10/13 - georgia judge amero throws out garland favorito request to examine absentee ballots for lack of injury and had no standing, after hearing from georgia investigators no evidence of fraud exist p53

10/07 - house oversight hearing sham - maricopa admits they deleted data from machines before turning them over to senate audit team. they claim they 'archived' the data, and did not turn over the 'archived' data because it was not directly requested - p52

9/23 - texas sos announces request for forensic audit of 4 counties - dallas, harris, tarrant, and collin for the 2929 election - page 46

9/22 - Maricopa county supervisor chucri resigns after recordings of him doubting authenticity of election leaked and posted at the gateway pundit. other recordings to follow - page 46

9/17 maricopa county had a late, special hearing on the charges they violated arizona law and were under threat of losing millions in funding as a result, as well as possible misdemeanor charges and prison time.

it appears they caved to the arizona senate subpeona, and will be providing access to routers, logs, and other material they had been refusing to provide.

see page 44

title was AZ audit - maricopa county tells senate f* you- AZ Audit Hearing Fri Sept 24 1pm

9/16 senator rogers announces hearing for az audit results  Fri Sept 24 1pm

9/08 - liz harris put out a report today on findings of a volunteer arizona canvas, more on page 40

9/03 - truethevote to release video soon of ballot harvesting - stories page 40

8/30 - colorado sos blocks any audit, dekalb county chain of custody problems page 40

8/21 mastriano had tried to start a pennsylvania audit, it has been blocked by corman, with corman saying it's problems with mastriano and mastriano is no longer doing one

see page 38 for posts

aeroworksxp clips from lindell event
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/AZ-audit-maricopa-county-tells-senate-f-you-az-audit-draft-being-prepared/5-2475195/?page=32#i94234212

data analysis by seek2 regarding arizona voting patterns
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/AZ-audit-maricopa-county-tells-senate-f-you-az-audit-draft-being-prepared/5-2475195/?page=28#i94198695
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/AZ-audit-maricopa-county-tells-senate-f-you-fulton-co-ga-election-chief-resigns/5-2475195/?page=36#i94274101
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/AZ-audit-maricopa-county-tells-senate-f-you-fulton-co-ga-election-chief-resigns/5-2475195/?r=-1&page=37&anc=94323664#i94307712

8-17 az audit draft being prepared, to be presented to az senate for review before release
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/AZ-audit-maricopa-county-tells-senate-f-you-fulton-co-ga-election-chief-resigns/5-2475195/?r=-1&page=37&anc=94323664#i94338799

8-15 Georgia Fulton County Elections Chief Ralph Jones Resigns  He Ran the Late Night Ballot Dump Operation in Atlanta
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/AZ-audit-maricopa-county-tells-senate-f-you-8-2-borrelli-files-AG-complaint-Wisc-issues-subpoenas/5-2475195/?page=37#i94298990

------------------------

maricopa refuses to provide material despite az senate subpoena

PHOENIX  Maricopa County officials said Monday they refuse to turn over routers sought by the Arizona Senate and questioned the validity of Republican lawmakers' latest subpoena related to the contentious 2020 election audit.

Senate President Karen Fann and Judiciary Committee Chairman Warren Petersen issued the subpoena July 26 and gave the state's largest county one week to produce the network routers and traffic logs, envelopes from all mail-in ballots or images of them, certain voter registration records with change histories, and records related security breaches.

"The board has real work to do and little time to entertain this adventure in never-never land. Please finish whatever it is that you are doing and release whatever it is you are going to release," Chairman Jack Sellers, one of four Republicans on the five-member Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, wrote in a letter accompanying Monday's response to the subpoena.
View Quote
"Furthermore, the Maricopa County EMS (election management system) is not, and never has been, connected to the Internet; therefore, nothing related to the EMS is on the routers. So there's nothing to gain and far too much potential harm to risk removing all of the county's routers and producing them to the Senate's designees hired for the purpose of examining the Maricopa County EMS," the document says.

The item-by-item response is followed by a list of 11 objections that challenged the validity of the subpoena.
View Quote

https://ktar.com/story/4605193/maricopa-county-defiantly-responds-to-arizona-senates-audit-subpoena/

the arizona senate is currently out of session, and doesn't have the votes to hold maricopa in contempt because there have been 2 gop, including ugenti-rita who is running to be the next secretary of state in charge of elections, that refuse to investigate the election or support legislation to improve election integrity

so what is next?

there is suppose to be a canvas of suspicious voters on the voting rolls that have voted in the last election beginning soon.

the canvas is suppose to look at voters with problems such as 10's to 100's of voters registered to addresses that are businesses, single family homes, vacant lots, etc. and try to invalidate the maricopa votes

edit title was arizona audit - maricopa county tells az senate f* you, not going to give you anything 8/2/21

Update - borrelli files complaint with AG to have maricopa investigated for violating subpoena, which could result in maricopa losing 10% of it's share of tax revenue for a year

State Sen. Sonny Borrelli is asking the attorney general to punish the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors for refusing to comply with a recent subpoena related to the Senate's ongoing "audit" of the 2020 general election.

Borrelli, a Republican from Lake Havasu City, filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office under a 2016 law known as SB1487, which allows any lawmaker to ask the attorney general to investigate a city or county for adopting policies that violate state law. If the attorney general finds that the city or county did violate the law, they must either change the disputed policy or forfeit 10% of the shared tax revenue they receive from the state for that year.
View Quote

https://www.azmirror.com/blog/borrelli-wants-ag-to-take-action-against-supervisors-over-subpoena-defiance/
more details in article

edit - title was AZ audit - maricopa county tells senate f* you on anything 8/2/21-UPD borrelli files AG complaint

8-6-21
it's tgp, but from oann, so....

Wisconsin's Election Committee Chairman Janelle Brandtjen issued subpoenas this morning to Brown and Milwaukee Counties.

Today, OANN's Political Correspondent Christina Bobb reported big news out of Madison, Wisconsin.

I just received confirmation just a few minutes ago that as you mentioned, chairman of the election committee here in the assembly in Wisconsin Janel Brandtjen has issued subpoenas this morning to both Brown County and Milwaukee County. Milwaukee County is obviously where Milwaukee is in Brown County is Green Bay, and she's heard from many of her constituents and many people around Wisconsin saying that they want an audit and they want to see what's happening in their elections here in Wisconsin and they just want to take a look and see what happened and so she issued those subpoenas, so it looks like we will see an audit. This is the same approach that Arizona took to subpoena the counties and ask them to turn over the information, and that happened this morning.
View Quote
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/wisconsin-rep-janel-brandtjen-issues-subpoenas-audit-2-counties/

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Can somebody explain how you can legally ignore a subpeona? I mean, i understand not being afraid of consequences when the establishment is willing to completely ignore the law, but... whats going on? Is it just that? Im pretty sure none of us could ignore a subpoena like maricopa is doing.

I mean, im not expecting much. There's been more than enough time to obfuscate any trail of evidence by any competent blackhat.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Banana republic.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The standard Dem play is to deny and delay over and over. Make it take so long that the general public loses interest and forgets all about it. Then when someone brings it up and asks again they will roll their eyes and say we already covered that. Why can't you move on (.org)?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
If this shit doesn't illustrate the futility of voting in this country, nothing will.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fombyjambox:
If this shit doesn't illustrate the futility of voting in this country, nothing will.
View Quote

Next Step in to fixing it takes balls of steel and we are living too good to have those balls of steel that our founders had.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Spicy!  They've hoisted their true colors it seems.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1paintball:

Why don`t you fill us in then? Knower of all things that you are. lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1paintball:
Originally Posted By mikesmith13807:

Do you even know what they are asking for?

Because it doesn't sound like you have a clue...

Why don`t you fill us in then? Knower of all things that you are. lol

Yes, I'm so smart that I can actually read what was posted in the thread!

They say the equipment was never connected to the network. That's only been there official policy ever since they got the equipment.

Some idiot came up with a stupid theory about some great conspiracy, so these people come in and say "we don't believe you, prove that you didn't do what you say you didn't do.  We want to dig around in all your equipment to see if we can find evidence you're lying."

That's not how any of this works.

You don't get to dig around in the equipment that operates the entire network for all the country agencies just because you don't believe them.  There are major security implications and you need to at least have some basis for suspicion to make that kind of demand even worth considering

It's like law enforcement being able to randomly walk into your house, open your safe, and dig around looking for something illegal just because they want to.

And these people aren't even law enforcement...

I'm coming to your house tomorrow, you have to let me in and spend as much time as I want looking for anything I want to look for.  If you object, you are obviously hiding something!

Sounds reasonable, right?

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Snozberry:
Can somebody explain how you can legally ignore a subpeona? I mean, i understand not being afraid of consequences when the establishment is willing to completely ignore the law, but... whats going on? Is it just that? Im pretty sure none of us could ignore a subpoena like maricopa is doing.

I mean, im not expecting much. There's been more than enough time to obfuscate any trail of evidence by any competent blackhat.
View Quote

Men have been neutered and are just a shell of a human. If there were actual men left, we wouldn't have had this covid bs, there would be no economic bs, the election wouldn't be questioned. Instead we have have weak people to lead us because we are weak ourselves.

Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
If they use Imagecast Evolution machines (ICE), the audit should have been pretty fucking simple;

Step 1) Tally paper ballots
Step 2) Check ballot scan against paper ballots
Step 3) Verify digital tally against above counts
Step 4) Verify vote totals, both in-person and absentee, against total ballots recorded, and the ward poll book.
Step 5) Verify absentee request documentation for above-mentioned absentee ballots.

Does AZ use voter ID? If they do, do they have a requirement to verify that ID for absentee ballots? The mention of a whistleblower above is not terribly significant. It's likely someone that works as a programmer for one of the election service companies. Unless someone comes right out and admits to a criminal conspiracy, they aren't going to reveal much useful info. Be wary of anyone that is claiming the primary vehicle of fraud is software-related. The entire point of these machines was the ability to reconcile the digital tally with physical ballots.

Unfortunately, if false ballots were materially fabricated, as I have mentioned suspecting in previous threads, then it would be almost impossible to prove. The greatest danger with these machines is the influx of absentee ballots, and the "central count" system that some larger municipalities use.

Full disclosure; I am a municipal clerk, and our municipality utilizes a Dominion ICE voting machine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Kick the doors in and sieze the equipment.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

It's pretty much that. Until there's consequences they'll get away with it.

You literally need a judge willing to throw the county BoS into jail, and that's a tall order. The original (R) judge recused himself
over a pretty weak tangential connection, so we now had a (D) judge that has been OK but we're getting to the point where
someone needs to get hardass on them and it's not clear that will happen.

As far as the evidence, that's actually a problem for the bad guys, and why they're not compliant.

Vote records are like accounting -- you have to balance the books, and there's some unavoidable checks and balances --
voters have to be registered, ballots accounted for -- and if they can't account for everything, that's at best grossly negligent
and it gets worse from there.

In short, if there's any serious vote manipulation there's no obfuscating it away in an audit. Hence why the audit is being fought and
why they're trying to make it an incomplete audit by denying materials.

My suspicion is the voter registry stuff (which is public record with daily/weekly backups by the AZ SOS) and a very light electronic
canvassing (simply comparing registrations to addresses and flagging multiple ballots going to lots with no mailboxes etc) will be
more than enough to invalidate the election results given the narrow margins.

If I had to bet the AZSOS will try to slow walk registration historical data and that will go down in flames even with a permissive judge.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

You think there's no appeals process for subpoenas?  You think we have an entire legal system built around due process, but subpoenas are exempt from that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]

You think there's no appeals process for subpoenas?  You think we have an entire legal system built around due process, but subpoenas are exempt from that?
View All Quotes

Are you saying they've done that? It sounds like they are just ignoring the subpoenas.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Time to put them in chains and lock them up until they cooperate.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Over the target...
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cm] [#19]

View Quote

PLEASE IGNORE THIS ACCOUNT

it, and another recent northern one, are the current forum sliders derailing threads and attacking the right, under the guise of  being disgruntled person on the right or conservative

but remember, opposing viewpoints are encouraged to be vocal,
because it encourages and expands forum inclusiveness, right?

(edited to improve grammar)
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ark_lite:
If they use Imagecast Evolution machines (ICE), the audit should have been pretty fucking simple;

Step 4) Verify vote totals, both in-person and absentee, against total ballots recorded, and the ward poll book.
Step 5) Verify absentee request documentation for above-mentioned absentee ballots.

Does AZ use voter ID? If they do, do they have a requirement to verify that ID for absentee ballots? The mention of a whistleblower above is not terribly significant. It's likely someone that works as a programmer for one of the election service companies. Unless someone comes right out and admits to a criminal conspiracy, they aren't going to reveal much useful info. Be wary of anyone that is claiming the primary vehicle of fraud is software-related. The entire point of these machines was the ability to reconcile the digital tally with physical ballots.

Unfortunately, if false ballots were materially fabricated, as I have mentioned suspecting in previous threads, then it would be almost impossible to prove. The greatest danger with these machines is the influx of absentee ballots, and the "central count" system that some larger municipalities use.

Full disclosure; I am a municipal clerk, and our municipality utilizes a Dominion ICE voting machine.
View Quote

if you had read the arizona hearing thread
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Arizona-audit-hearing-10AM-tomorrow-7-15/5-2469820/

you would know that it isn't as simple as you state, because maricopa has only provided ballots and from prior threads, machines that were wiped of the recent election logs
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cm:

it, and another recent northern one, are the current forum sliders derailing threads and attacking the right, under the guise of  being disgruntled person on the right or conservative

because the more it happens, the more inclusive the forum is, right?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cm:

because the more it happens, the more inclusive the forum is, right?

I put that troll on "ignore", a long time ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bc5000] [#22]

Very unprofessional. It's like it was written by one of GD's own Never_Trumpers.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bc5000:

Very unprofessional. It's like it was written by one of GD's own Never_Trumpers.
View Quote

Well, it very well could have been.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikesmith13807] [#25]
Originally Posted By Kihn:

Are you saying they've done that? It sounds like they are just ignoring the subpoenas.
View All Quotes

The OP's story basically said that they are objecting to the subpoena, but I went digging for more details.  This story provides more background:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5464426001

And you can read the actual letter with all the details here-- I found it interesting:

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/70435/Final-Signed-Letter-to-Senators

I'm no expert, but the way I'm understanding it the subpoena basically came from the Senate majority leader.  It's not a committee, and they couldn't get enough votes to make it a Senate action, so she's just doing whatever she has the authority to do on her own.

The county took it to court, and the judge said it's legitimate (I read that as affirming her authority to issue it) but didn't order them to comply.  So any enforcement action has to come from the Senate. Right now they can't get the votes for anything so there's not much force behind the document.

The letter is written by an attorney and reads as their objections.  But since there's no judge to make a ruling on it then it's not really going anywhere either way unless they get more votes in the Senate.  I assume if that happened then we would see it go back before a judge somewhere again.

It seems like a legal grey area, but I'm quite confident the county has their legal people advising them every step along the way, so the idea that they are doing something illegal seems a bit far fetched.

But people with political agendas have never had any interest in the nuances and details of this stuff so I doubt that it will matter to anybody in MAGA World.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

The troll is an idiot. The "appeal" to a subpoena is the argument your attorney makes on your behalf at the show-cause hearing after you're arrested for contempt for ignoring the subpoena.

This crap will continue until people like ol' Jack start being confronted by angry constituents every time he goes out in public, and gets refused service at every business owned or operated by someone who would like to see this audit completed. It's very clear he's confident that he doesn't answer to the people.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cm:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Arizona-audit-hearing-10AM-tomorrow-7-15/5-2469820/

you would know that it isn't as simple as you state, because maricopa has only provided ballots and from prior threads, machines that were wiped of the recent election logs
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cm:
Originally Posted By ark_lite:

I did read that part, but it doesn't make much sense as presented. The individual ICE logs can be wiped with tech or administrator access, but the election programming cards aren't supposed to be wiped until two years after the election. The cards are removed when you "close" the poll for the final time, and the data is supposed to be incapable of being edited at that point. They are then retained at the County level for 24 months after the election, and then returned to the election servicing company that will wipe and re-use the cards. Our machine
itself gets wiped once a year, during annual maintenance.

It is exactly as simple as I stated. The County Clerk, and by extension the Board, are fucking around. Some of their apprehension is likely due to a desire to cover up incompetence, and I suspect some is a suspicion that fraudulent practices took place.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

The troll is an idiot. The "appeal" to a subpoena is the argument your attorney makes on your behalf at the show-cause hearing after you're arrested for contempt for ignoring the subpoena.

This crap will continue until people like ol' Jack start being confronted by angry constituents every time he goes out in public, and gets refused service at every business owned or operated by someone who would like to see this audit completed. It's very clear he's confident that he doesn't answer to the people.
View Quote

That.  Definitely that.

Or...

Maybe he just takes his responsibilities as a government official seriously and isn't operating based on political partisanship but is just doing his job right.

But probably most likely your version...  Let's go with that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:48:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: samiam83] [#29]
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:

This is for a Dell server.  Of what importance is it supposed to be?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:

This is for a Dell server.  Of what importance is it supposed to be?

Came to say the exact same thing; that really tells you nothing beyond what you can find on the web to update Dell servers firmware/BIOS/iDRAC etc.

ETA: Second "screenshot" is a little more legible is basically just a generic config guide that tells you nothing about this specific system or it's purpose.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:
I'm beginning to think the people involved in cheating this election season have no idea what it's going to be like living in a world full of pissed off zombies. By cancelling a mans vote you make him less than a citizen. If I can't be a citizen because someone stole my vote then I'm good with being a pissed off zombie.
View Quote

Oh they know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#31]

They say the equipment was never connected to the network. That's only been there official policy ever since they got the equipment.

Some idiot came up with a stupid theory about some great conspiracy, so these people come in and say "we don't believe you, prove that you didn't do what you say you didn't do.  We want to dig around in all your equipment to see if we can find evidence you're lying."

You don't get to dig around in the equipment that operates the entire network for all the country agencies just because you don't believe them.  There are major security implications and you need to at least have some basis for suspicion to make that kind of demand even worth considering

It's like law enforcement being able to randomly walk into your house, open your safe, and dig around looking for something illegal just because they want to.

I'm coming to your house tomorrow, you have to let me in and spend as much time as I want looking for anything I want to look for.  If you object, you are obviously hiding something!

View Quote

Except my safe and house arent owned by the fucking public.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#32]
If Sheriff Joe were still running the office, arrests would have already started!

Penzone is a Useful Idiot, a total tool of the Dems. 🤬
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By seek2:

The audit literally can't prove that. The audit can only prove the election was tampered with and invalid.

Because ballots are secret there's no way to remove the "bad" ballots to get an accurate, legitimate vote count from the remaining ballots that would show the real winner.

But they can prove the vote was tampered with to a degree to call the entire election into question.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By seek2:
Originally Posted By Bhart89:
This is just theatre now.  The audit will prove Trump won AZ.

The audit literally can't prove that. The audit can only prove the election was tampered with and invalid.

Because ballots are secret there's no way to remove the "bad" ballots to get an accurate, legitimate vote count from the remaining ballots that would show the real winner.

But they can prove the vote was tampered with to a degree to call the entire election into question.

No necessarily true. Duplicate ballots are supposed to have matching numbers written on both the original and duplicate. There was issues with that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: azmp5] [#35]
Sadly, those NOT in AZ will see how bad AZ has gotten with this.  AZ (for better or worse) has always been more purple than anything *but for the most part leaning conservative.   The election prior everyone knew something was up.  I always said that Sheriff Joe and *then* gov Brewer were the last 2 holding the wall up before AZ fell into conservative hands.  Duecy was an ok republican governor when he went into office but then it was quickly shown how he just doesn't want to make a decision on anything unless it involves making him (or his wife) money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#36]
This is good to know.  If you receive a sobpoena from a court in Maricopa County you do not have to comply.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:09:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#37]

The OP's story basically said that they are objecting to the subpoena, but I went digging for more details.  This story provides more background:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5464426001

And you can read the actual letter with all the details here-- I found it interesting:

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/70435/Final-Signed-Letter-to-Senators

I'm no expert, but the way I'm understanding it the subpoena basically came from the Senate majority leader.  It's not a committee, and they couldn't get enough votes to make it a Senate action, so she's just doing whatever she has the authority to do on her own.

The county took it to court, and the judge said it's legitimate (I read that as affirming her authority to issue it) but didn't order them to comply.  So any enforcement action has to come from the Senate. Right now they can't get the votes for anything so there's not much force behind the document.

The letter is written by an attorney and reads as their objections.  But since there's no judge to make a ruling on it then it's not really going anywhere either way unless they get more votes in the Senate.  I assume if that happened then we would see it go back before a judge somewhere again.

It seems like a legal grey area, but I'm quite confident the county has their legal people advising them every step along the way, so the idea that they are doing something illegal seems a bit far fetched.

But people with political agendas have never had any interest in the nuances and details of this stuff so I doubt that it will matter to anybody in MAGA World.
View Quote

This is correct. A subpoena is enforced by the entity that issued it, so the AZ Senate would have to vote to hold Maricopa in contempt. But Fann seems not to have the votes to do that, and Maricopa knows it.

This isn't unique to AZ. Trump staffers ignored US House subpoenas and were never held in contempt for a similar I reason--the US House didn't have the appetite to vote them in contempt.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Elcunning:

This is good to know.  If you receive a sobpoena from a court in Maricopa County you do not have to comply.
View Quote

If you got a subpoena from a court and you ignore it the judge in that court can hold you in contempt. It's the AZ Senate that isn't bothering to enforce its own subpoena in this case, not a court.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Bassmaster27:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bassmaster27:

So any citizen who thinks something fishy is happening should be able to go on a fishing expedition through government IT equipment whenever they want?  They help pay for it and the salaries of the people who maintain it, so why not?
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Please stop this fuckery.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

This is correct. A subpoena is enforced by the entity that issued it, so the AZ Senate would have to vote to hold Maricopa in contempt. But Fann seems not to have the votes to do that, and Maricopa knows it.

This isn't unique to AZ. Trump staffers ignored US House subpoenas and were never held in contempt for a stinker I reason--the US House didn't have the appetite to vote them in contempt.
View Quote

That's a good point, the shoe has been on the other foot not that long ago and I didn't hear anybody in MAGA World getting upset when a bunch of Trump people ignored subpoenas coming from Congress during the various supposed witch hunts.  At least one of them actually went to court and only recently did McGahn finally comply and verify that a bunch of the stories about his part of the mess were true.  But it took a long time and a bunch of legal back and forth before that happened, and by that point the entire political world had moved on.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

If you got a subpoena from a court and you ignore it the judge in that court can hold you in contempt. It's the AZ Senate that isn't bothering to enforce its own subpoena in this case, not a court.
View Quote

So any citizen who thinks something fishy is happening should be able to go on a fishing expedition through government IT equipment whenever they want?  They help pay for it and the salaries of the people who maintain it, so why not?
View Quote

Why do you guys come into every political thread and blow shit all over the place like you own it? How about go make your own DU thread for the fucktards to shit all over and leave these threads for real conservative Americans who actually care about this country.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

Next Step in to fixing it takes balls of steel and we are living too good to have those balls of steel that our founders had.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
Originally Posted By fombyjambox:

This is the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon

The Police - Every Breath You Take (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By retroangles:
When all is said and done!

We can all go out for a delicious Nothing Burger!

View Quote

Can we add bacon?
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#45]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400935/Screenshot_20210802-204602_WhatsApp_jpg-2037723.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400935/Screenshot_20210802-204602_WhatsApp_jpg-2037723.JPG

No way, GD has much better gaslighters, trolls, algorythms, and shills, nothing but the best for the biggest/most influential firearms web site on the internet.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:32:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Veccio] [#46]

View Quote
Why the fuck are the vote machines (owned by a private company no less) connected into the network in the first place? Why is there only one network for all county agencies? Why are all the passwords the same fucking password? Why was the history of the devices on the network purposefully flooded with requests?
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:34:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#47]
The same fucking gray bars in the same kind of thread, every fucking time.

It seems the left is now down to it's third string. Maybe tenth. Their presence here devalues this site. I hate them deeply.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

you're describing an act of "terrorism and insurgency".

You can't make a public official intimidated, afraid, or even inconvenienced to effect political change.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Most.  Secure.  Ever.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By memsu:
Start throwing people in jail.

Charge them with felonies.

Fuck them
View Quote

Treason has worse consequences
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 96
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top