Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2001 1:17:08 AM EDT
and sweet talks were just for innocent fun?  

I am very embarrased in posting this topic, but I am in somekind of a trouble.  I’ve been flurting with all of the waitresses in my favorite watering holes.  It seems that inadvertently, I’ve been giving some of them a few “ideas”.  Now they actually expect me to go beyond just chatting them up.  I can't just tell them "says you" when they expect me to take them out, after all, I did sweet talk them very often (when the places were slow or when they were off shift).

These are my favorite hang out places and these are nice girls.  I do not want to hurt their feelings.   What can I do to let them know that I was just having innocent fun and it is definitely not my intention to toy with their hearts?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Johannes
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell them you are gay. End of problems.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Act like you are in love with them and they will push you away.  Ignore them and the will try to get closer.

Or buy a box of Trojans and juggle some phone #'s [:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Let them see you with another woman, it will work itself out very quickly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Have 'em call :  1-800-IMBROGLIO

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Be all you can be, date em all !!!

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Tell them you chatted them all up because you were looking for some group action.  That should end it.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I wish I had your problems.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#8]
i don't know, every time i try to flirt i get the police called on me!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Take 'em out to a fast food dinner.  Sit down and open your bible and start discussing the relative merits of the King James version versus the New Revised version.  Be polite, be nice, take her home.

One date should do it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Poor you, it must be terrible.
Stop whimimg, if your a smooth talker then you know what to do.
Personaly, I`d lay `em. Lay`em good and hard.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait a minute, my wife is a waitress. Where in the fuck do you live?
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO...

Wait a minute, mine is too.  [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Tell them you are gay. End of problems.
View Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO...

Wait a minute, mine is too.
View Quote

LOL!  That was good!  Very good...You guys are funny.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#15]
micro segregation Ok smooth talker, just tell them the truth.

You enjoy their company and the friendly conversation but you are not romantically attracted to them and that you are sorry if your friendliness was somehow misconstrued to be anything other than what it was.

You could give them the option of going out as friends but I would not recommend it because it will send her a mixed message and only make her try harder.

I recommend you stop flirting with people you are not interested in. Some people invest a tremendous amount of emotion into a relationship that they hope to have and they could get hurt.

THISISME
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Wear your wedding ring next time you go there...
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:49:22 AM EDT
[#17]
FUCK EM ALL LONG AND HARD(HOPEFULLY ALL AT ONCE)
then tell them your married and gay and a bible thumper and like like little boys and small animals and burining things and double enders.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you married?  Just wondering.  If not, why not date them?  If you are, why ya flirting anyhow?  Not passing judgement but I hear thats how "it" starts...if it was me, married and valued the marriage, I'd stop.

Anyhow, you asked for advice...
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I dated a waitress at bar I use to frequent many moons ago. the problem with that is you can't go there to pick up chicks anymore. Even if shes not there, cause the other people watch out for her. After a few months she dumped me, became a Bud Girl and moved to FL. Ahhhh those were the days..........

I say if you're not married go for it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Make a date with one of them, show up with a wetsuit and flippers on, and a monkey on a leash wearing leather. You'll never hear from any of them again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Sit there with some type of ledger book, when they come over ask them how much they make indluding tips and then mention you were just trying to see how thier extra income would fit into your budget.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#24]
after you have sex tell her she reminds you of your sister or mom.... no problem
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Tell them you wanted some group action.  That way they will turn you down most likely or will agree (best result).  Either way, I couldnt give 2 shits about your problem.  OOhh! Poor me! Girls like me....??!?  Mommy, what should I do??  They want to touch my private zone...waaahhh!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#26]
if it's a problem maby you are gay.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#27]
if it's a problem maby you are gay.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#28]
You are already screwed when you spoke up in the first place.  Just be prepared to apologize and suck it up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#29]
This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a problem pal.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow. Another problem I will never have. I feel so fortunate.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Tell them about the active herpes, and point out the herpetic lip.

or how about that oozing puss drip that just never seems to go away.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
i don't know, every time i try to flirt i get the police called on me!
View Quote

Your should not try flirting with them from outside their closed windows while hiding in the bushes![:D]
Lynn  [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Darin Marple:
You are already screwed when you spoke up in the first place.  Just be prepared to apologize and suck it up.
View Quote

Or you can take my advice, and have some 'sucking' and 'screwing' of your own.  Otherwise, shut your lip and stop complaining to us SINGLE folks how lots of women want to touch your no-no spot.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#34]
he said no-no spot
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Start drinking Zima.......That ought to scare them off!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Thank you all for the advice!  I never realized that this post would gather so many replies.  Believe me, I am VERY embarrased posting this topic and I don't want to make this site to be a "Dear Abby" type.

I am not a sweet talker.  I just say nice things to girls no matter what and unfortunately, some of them take that the wrong way.  Even worse, those girls that I am not interested in are the ones who want me to take them out.  Those who I am really drooling for tell me to "sod off and die".

And I am not gay.  It's just those girls who want me to take them out are not what I really want.  

Thanks again, everybody!

Micro
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By micro segregation:
and sweet talks were just for innocent fun?  

I am very embarrased in posting this topic, but I am in somekind of a trouble.  I’ve been flurting with all of the waitresses in my favorite watering holes.  It seems that inadvertently, I’ve been giving some of them a few “ideas”.  Now they actually expect me to go beyond just chatting them up.  I can't just tell them "says you" when they expect me to take them out, after all, I did sweet talk them very often (when the places were slow or when they were off shift).

These are my favorite hang out places and these are nice girls.  I do not want to hurt their feelings.   What can I do to let them know that I was just having innocent fun and it is definitely not my intention to toy with their hearts?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Johannes
View Quote

Just tell them that you are "Gay" but are willing to go "straight" with the right girl....

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Tell them htat you live up to your nick!!!

micro!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#39]
LMAO...
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#40]
bend them over the table your at and slap that ASS!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't worry about how attracted you are to them, if they're attracted to you, go for it, unless they're ugly, then take a paper bag!  You call this a problem?!??!!??
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wear your wedding ring next time you go there...
View Quote

That only encourages them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#43]
If you are married or involved seriously then this is a problem. But if not then you have the problem!!!

And why flirt if you don't want them.

You are strange.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Have sex with them, especially the ugly ones. That will stop your flirting.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
bend them over the table your at and slap that ASS!
View Quote

I did that to a waitress at a new years party two years back. The wife was NOT impressed.
Eric
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I hate girls that do what he did.  These girls talk all nice to you and flirt until you are interested.  Then, when you finally build it up to ask them out, you get one of the standards:

1 - I only like you as a friend.
2 - You are like a brother to me.
3 - I am not ready for a relationship.

People who send out false signals are mentally disturbed.  They are grasping for attention, and then when they get it, they push you away.  My friend called the the "Libra" syndrom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top