Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2004 4:04:48 AM EDT
So there I am taking a shit and my damb cat is pawing under the bathroom door trying to get in to the bath room.  Why the fuck do cats or pets in general feal the need to bug the hell out of us while we are taking a dump.  Is it a captive audience thing or what.  Hell I had 2 other cats and a dog that did the smae thing.  Every time I sat down to take shit one of them would walk into the bathroom and sit there and watch, that is it just watch.

Any way I let the cat in and she does the what I know what she will do she meows and sits down in front of me and just sits there and looks at me while I take a shit.

That's it .......

POST COUNT UP BY 1
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 4:09:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My cat does the same thing, except every time I tear off a strip of paper she snags it out of my hand and attacks the hell out of it.  I kinda enjoy the company.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 4:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Cats have such an afinity for swatting at dangling things that i feel uncomfortable having one in the bathroom with me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cats have such an afinity for swatting at dangling things that i feel uncomfortable having one in the bathroom with me.

Link Posted: 5/29/2004 4:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Cats do this to prove to you that they KNOW you are full of s**t.

Link Posted: 5/29/2004 5:24:32 AM EDT
[#6]
The cats do this to let you know how they feel when we peek at them taking a dump in the litter box.

Cats don't like being watched while pooing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The cats do this to let you know how they feel when we peek at them taking a dump in the litter box.

Cats don't like being watched while pooing.

I was just going to suggest this as negative reinforcement; stare at your cat every time it goes into the litter box.  This is the one and only circumstance in which I have seen a cat seem embarrassed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So there I am taking a shit and my damb cat is pawing under the bathroom door trying to get in to the bath room.  Why the fuck do cats or pets in general feal the need to bug the hell out of us while we are taking a dump.  Is it a captive audience thing or what.  Hell I had 2 other cats and a dog that did the smae thing.  Every time I sat down to take shit one of them would walk into the bathroom and sit there and watch, that is it just watch.

Any way I let the cat in and she does the what I know what she will do she meows and sits down in front of me and just sits there and looks at me while I take a shit.

That's it .......

POST COUNT UP BY 1

That's what cats do. They love you !

Link Posted: 5/29/2004 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I have poked my weapons in thier faces (pets) say much and yelled "BAAM" that now all I have to do is point my finger at them and they run.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have poked my weapons in thier faces (pets) say much and yelled "BAAM" that now all I have to do is point my finger at them and they run.

I have done that too.  But they just look at me like I am a retard or something and continue on with what ever I interupted.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn Cats
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I got a cat that comes in when I'm on the can and gets in the pants around my ankles. Lays down and looks up at me with eyes half closed and gives out with a tiny "mew", cracks me up!
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Let me find something I posted a while ago in another forum and you'll have the laugh of your life...

My cat wants to enter too, but I just let him in if I'm showering, not if I'm using the john, that's discusting
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#15]
My cat exhibits similar behavior too. I've seen the paw under the door thing a few times and I'm like WTF does she want?! Oh well I shouldn't expect much from a cat that likes to drink water from around the bathtub drain as the faucet drips. She's the greatest cat in the world (she's practically a dog). Lately she's been getting more and more to be an attention whore though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#16]
My cat is the same way.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#17]
My big Maine Coon (Nigel Tuftnell) wanders in when I'm showering and sits on the toilet and waits for me to get out.

One of my cats used to often try to get in the shower with my wife.

Any time a door is shut they are concerned that there might be something behind it that they might like.  

Monster (my smaller cat, so named because he has unnaturally long teeth causing him to resemble a small furry vampire) sometimes likes to try to curl up on my lap when I'm sitting there taking a dump.

Very amusing companions they are.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#18]
There you go!

Ok, get this... and I swear its true.

About a year ago I got this 2 month old kitten my dentist gave me, and even if I just LOVE the lil critter, sometimes I think if it's not some outer space entity trapped inside a cat's body.

One of his most strange behaviors is that he actually likes to play with water, so everytime I take a shower/bath, he wants to get in...

And if I close the door of the bathroom, he starts meowing at the top of his lungs like somebody's killing him (not to mention scratching the door to open it)

I managed to keep him out of the bathtube by splashing him, so now he just sits on the sink, while he watches me (he learned how to open the sliding mirror doors that prevents the water to splash the floor with his claws)

BUT even then, he managed to get me pissed off two times:

FIRST TIME
As I mentioned, he likes to play with water, usually "hunting" the water... Well, one day, I needed to grab a comb that was outside the doors, on the furniture above the sink, where the cat was sitting, and as I was kinda covered in shampoo, with my eyes closed, I just aproached the place and tried to grab the damn comb by feel.

What I didn't know was that my pecker was transmiting to the floor all the water that my head and shoulders were getting from the shower. Kinda like if you were pissing, but from the water...

So I was trying to get the comb, and all of a sudden I feel a punch to my cock, so I open my eyes, just to see the cat right about to swing another hit, mesmerized by the water coming down from it...

Needless to say, I retreated to the shower and closed the sliding door, checked out for damages and hit the damn cat out of the batroom by hitting it with a towel!

No harm was done this time.

SECOND TIME

Having learned my lesson, and hating that the cat decided to serenate my neighbours every time I took a shower trying to get in, I decided to let him inside again, but I stopped aproaching the voyeur cat with my pecker pointing out and dripping water.

Anyway, one day, while the sliding door was closed, I placed one foot on a lil wall inside the shower, to proceed to wash my leg (same way as I always do). Considering that the door was closed, I didn't even think abot the cat being there in the sink. Big Mistake I tell you.

Now this procedure placed me with my back to the sink, leaning to my leg to wash it...

As I was soaping my ankle, (more pronunciated angle on the leaning), this motherfvcker opens the sliding door and sticks all his 5 right claws on my left cheek!!

Obvioulsly, being surprised and attacked like that, I jumped to the front and turned around to see WTF hitted me, almost falling to the floor, just to see the lil cat being all joyfull about it, trying to - get this- swing a hit at my pecker now that I was turned around!!!

Needless to say, now everytime the lil fvcker opens the door to peep inside, I slide it back close on him!
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Dogs are Jerry Lewis.
Cats are Frank Sinatra.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Monster (my smaller cat, so named because he has unnaturally long teeth causing him to resemble a small furry vampire) sometimes likes to try to curl up on my lap when I'm sitting there taking a dump.

Very amusing companions they are.

Almost pissed my pants over that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess you're a real pussy magnet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife has to keep the bathroom door closed when she takes a shower or else her cat jumps in with her.

Dumb-assed cats!
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Any time a door is shut they are concerned that there might be something behind it that they might like.  

I think that pretty much sums it up.

I personally am amazed that any animal with a BETTER sense of smell than a human would want to be in the same room with me when I'm taking a dump.  Instead of trying to get INTO the bathroom, they should be trying to get OUT of the house!  Idiots.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Our cat is so attached to my wife, I actually got a pic of her on my wife's lap while she sat on the toilet taking a dump...

I'm still looking for the pic...It's buried in my computer somewhere...
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#26]
That's ok I used to have a feral cat that now lives with my Mom.  He would walk out of the bathroom and the house would be filled with this horrendous stench.  Turns out the little shit dosen't cover his turds.  Luckily one of the other cats had walked in there and started covering the previous offenders mess.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Our cat is so attached to my wife, I actually got a pic of her on my wife's lap while she sat on the toilet taking a dump...

I'm still looking for the pic...It's buried in my computer somewhere...

pics needed
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#29]
That's fucking hilarious!!!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2004 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#30]
heh oh man...

When me and my wife were first dating, her mom had a pet lynx (I think, she had a bobcat too but I forget which one it was this time).  The thing stayed in the bathroom.  I had to use the bathroom so they told me just don't let it out, as soon as I opened the door I was face to face with this thing, it was on top of some cabinets right at eye level.  That's one big kitty!!  It stared at me the whole time... I had to sit down to take a dump.  Then it leapt from the cabinets above my head to the sink on the other side of the room, then down to the floor and walked up to me.  Her family is completely psycho so it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if this thing attacked anybody that came in there and they didn't manage to mention that to me.  It was nice, I guess (I sat very still).  It came up and just stuck its head in my underwear down around my ankles and just stayed there!!  After I was finished I gently nudged it out of my way so I could pull up my pants, while guarding the crown jewels just in case and got outta there LOL.

Link Posted: 5/30/2004 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#31]
My wife and I have 7 cats..Yes, 7...One paws on the door and meow's REAL LOUD till you let him in...Then he wants out and does the same thing..This goes on 2 or 3 times a night...When I brush my teeth I have to leave the water on at a trickle so he can get a drink...

We have so many funny stories about these little critters I wouldn't know where to start... And I used to HATE cats...

Wait until you're doing your husbandly duties with the wife and the cats decide to jump on the bed to see what's going on....Or look over and the dog is watching making sure you are doing it correctly...
Link Posted: 5/30/2004 2:43:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That's ok I used to have a feral cat that now lives with my Mom.  He would walk out of the bathroom and the house would be filled with this horrendous stench.  Turns out the little shit dosen't cover his turds.  Luckily one of the other cats had walked in there and started covering the previous offenders mess.

Our cat has used a Littermaid automatic box for almost her entire life (now about 7 years old).  She's gotten to the point where about half the time she doesn't bother to cover the dump up since the box will do it for her 10 mintues after she leaves (the other 50% of the time it's just a half-hearted attempt).

It amazes me that an average size cat leaving a few ounces of shit can possibly smell up a house that fast and that badly.
Link Posted: 5/30/2004 3:23:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Cats are the worst pets (pests?) to have.  Gimme a Labrador retriever anyday.
Link Posted: 5/30/2004 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a couple buddies down south that went out one night. One of them ended up getting taken home by some Yetti of a woman.  Well being that  they had driven together and the object of the desire didn't want to stay the whole night, they convinced the woman to let them both go along.  So after they stop someplace to get some food after bar closing they end up in this girls apartment. She has this huge cat wandering around the apartment. They said it had to be at least 20-25lbs of cat.

After some small talk, she and the one guy wander off to the bedroom for a while.  In the mean time, alcohol has taken its effects on the other guy, and he becomes mischievious.  He procedes to remove all the lables from her canned goods in the kitchen. Mixes up all her cereals and puts them back in the boxes and places many objects such as her milk, soda and eggs in the freezer.  He finally makes his way into her bathroom.  There he spies the cat box.  He then does the unthinkable. He takes a dump in the box, and covers it like the cat. .  

I don't think I would have wanted to be around the next morning.
Link Posted: 5/30/2004 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Maybe your cat wants to clean you up.  Or at least smell you.  Thats one weird action in my eyes.  Our cats like smelling each others ass holes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top