[#3]
Thats either Pataya or Phuket
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kodan:
View Quote

Nope the second largest island in Thailand.  Koh Samui.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ride an elephant yet? How much is the ferry now for Farangs?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:22:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Ride an elephant yet? How much is the ferry now for Farangs?
View Quote

I don't want to support the use of elephants in the tourist trade so no.
I flew here on Bangkok Airways from BKK for $150 USD while expensive by Thailand standards, it was the fastest way to get here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I really want to go there and hit the surrounding countries as well. Looks like a beautiful country.

Also hookers
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:48:03 AM EDT
[#8]
How was your quarantine?  Mine sucked.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By The_Emu:
View Quote

Originally it was to be for 15 days so I booked a suite with a jacuzzi balcony in Bangkok.
Then I opted to get vaccinated to make travel easier in SEA and because I was vaccinated I only had to do 7 days quarantine.
The worst thing was I didn't know my mini bar wouldn't have any beer because "alcohol isn't allowed during quarantine ".
Had I known I would have bought a bottle of rum at BKK duty free and hid it in my suitcase.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:58:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#10]
I chose to come at this time because covid restrictions were being eased in Thailand.
My plan was to rent a condo and use it for a base to explore some of the most popular tourist areas before all the idiot tourists get here and crowd the beaches.
But just after I got here and while I was in quarantine a third wave hit and they shut everything down.
Now even if you are vaccinated you must do a 15 day quarantine.
Bars are closed but 7 11 sells carryout beer.
Restaurants are open but no alcohol sales yet.
Beaches in Pattaya were closed to even walk on, but this week beaches opened up to sit on or walk on but swimming is not allowed.
On Koh Samui though swimming was allowed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:04:29 AM EDT
[#11]
And the puss?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Keep the thread updated.  If this BS China virus crap ever ends I want to go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HogJaws:
And the puss?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MshakeMO:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MshakeMO:
Originally Posted By HogJaws:
And the puss?

Open an account with Thai Cupid and you will get overloaded with girls friend requests especially if you have a local address.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Dont sound fun.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#17]
OP’s future

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:16:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: axl] [#18]
If you get to Bangkok look up my old girlfriend. She worked out of the lobby at the American Hotel. Her name was "Number Eight". Since this was in 1970 I pretty sure she's moved to another career field.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I chose to come at this time because covid restrictions were being eased in Thailand.
My plan was to rent a condo and use it for a base to explore some of the most popular tourist areas before all the idiot tourists get here and crowd the beaches.
But just after I got here and while I was in quarantine a third wave hit and they shut everything down.
Beaches in Pattaya were closed to even walk on, but this week beaches opened up to sit on or walk on but swimming is not allowed.
View Quote
The government is even more retarded than here. Never thought that was possible.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Is speaking English relatively common there? Is it a good place to visit for someone not seeking drugs and illicit sex?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#21]
my last international vacation trip just before Covid pandemic hit was to Thailand in December 2019
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I would think swimming would be forbidden. Swimming is one of the best ways to spread covid.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Pics of hookers not loading…..
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

The fuck? I was contemplating a trip because the crowds would be less, but all those restrictions sound WACK.

What's walking on the beach or swimming in the ocean going to do to spread COVID?

COVID's got to be like the 3rd or 4th worst public health concern for them, after their usual.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By xylo:
Is speaking English relatively common there? Is it a good place to visit for someone not seeking drugs and illicit sex?
View Quote

They have some world class diving sites. Diving trips and beach bars are great ways to meet people.

Sounds like if you tried to go now though, you'd be followed by a mob of hookers who haven't had an income for over a year.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I once spent a month on Koh Tao back in the early ‘90s. It was pure Gilligan’s Island back then. No power (except from generators) no cars, no AC or other modern “conveniences” just pristine waters for fishing and diving, gorgeous beaches, coconut palms and GREAT times.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

They have some world class diving sites. Diving trips and beach bars are great ways to meet people.

Sounds like if you tried to go now though, you'd be followed by a mob of hookers who haven't had an income for over a year.
View Quote
87% of GD still couldn't get any.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#30]

She just has a big clit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I miss Soi 6 and Ibar. Left 02/14/20...........just before it all came crashing down.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Looking forward to that trip
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By xylo:
View Quote

In the tourist areas English is very common.
This would be the last place on earth I would suggest for looking for drugs unless you want to do life in one of the worst prisons ever.
Just sight seeing here is amazing.
Google James Bond island or Koh Phi Phi for examples.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Is ladyboy loving as good as everyone says it is?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#35]
When I hear Thailand all I can think is Hookers
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Spartikis:
When I hear Thailand all I can think is Hookers
View Quote

To me that would seem like going to a buffet that only had one dish and 100 guys were dipping their spoons in it.
NTY
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Swimming in the ocean is a known vector for spreading viruses between people. "The Wet Killer" they call it. Very dangerous.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Swimming in the ocean is a known vector for spreading viruses between people. "The Wet Killer" they call it. Very dangerous.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#39]
We need to go back to visit the south.  We went north.  The highlight for me was a 5 day ride doing the Mae Hong Son Loop through the countryside north of Chang Mai.  We renting 125cc scooters for the trip.

https://www.goatsontheroad.com/mae-hong-son-loop-thailand/
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Lol…check out “Blade Imel” on YT
Ladyboy addicted retiree. Mostly hammered all the time and funny as hell when he argues with his “videographer”
Totally amateur but funny as hell…and some nice “goils” too!
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Alone?  
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:49:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ahnglw] [#42]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
Alone?  
View Quote

Yes I came here alone.
Most of my friends took weekends off work or didn't suck up the daily OT that I did and they have a couple years before they can afford to retire.
Lots of expats live here if it's American company you want.
Traveling alone means I can do what I want when I want also.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By The_Emu:
View Quote

I was supposed to be there in November for the IPSC World Championships and they just cancelled it because of that shit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By axl:
If you get to Bangkok look up my old girlfriend. She worked out of the lobby at the American Hotel. Her name was "Number Eight". Since this was in 1970 I pretty sure she's moved to another career field.
View Quote

LOL R&R
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Supposedly in July Phuket will start "Operation  Sandbox" where vaccinated tourists will be allowed to fly in from international locations.
They will then have to only do a one week quarantine.
But unlike my quarantine where I was stuck in my hotel room they will have the run.of the entire island.
After that week if they test negative then they will be free to travel all of Thailand.
This hinges on if the government in Phuket can get the majority of the locals there vaccinated.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Problem with the current "Sandbox" plan is no bars or booze in restaurants. OK if your an expat but I don't see the tourist numbers going up if there is no party. A real shame for the local biz owners. It really breaks my heart to how many have lost everything.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Show us the beach man.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone go there for anything other than sex?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top