Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2001 12:40:31 PM EDT
Please forgive the heavy-handed header.

About March sometime I purchased a used Colt Lightweight Match Target from a local shop. Handle style upper, Leapers (jeepers!) 4x scope. The gun still had blue on the hammer and bolt. Hardly been fired.

I put a Harris pod on it. Couldn't get it to group. Thought maybe it was the ammo, trigger, or the scope.

Installed a JP Enteprise trigger, a Redfield 6x scope, Cherokee Delta cheek pad . . . about $500 and some change. Still wouldn't group. We're talking 9" at 100 yds and the 9" groups were in different places on each target. Checked out everything. I suspect it had a loose keyway slot in the barrel mount.

Disgusted, I took it back to the shop and traded it for a Rem. 700 PSS in .223. But I took a bath on the trigger mech -- Colt has a proprietary fitting for the pins. Kept the scope, the cheek piece, bipod, the mags, the tactical six pocket case . . .

And so it became a scope and accessories looking for a rifle. You know that story.

Two days ago I found a Bushmaster "Commando" for $775 [b]N E W[/b] . . . This has a floated 16" H-bar, flat top, no sights, no handle attachment. We don't need no stinking sights or a handle . . .

It comes with a 10 rd. Klintonated magazine -- a cut down 30 rd mag. (That's sick!) Also, it's warranted.

This is a "varmint" gun, mostly coyotes and "sage rats."

Are the bolt on muzzle brakes worth the bother? Any one in particular I should look at.

Good to be back . . .
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to see you've returned from.........where was it you were?  Anyway I'd look at Gunsmoke's or Kurt's brakes if your in the market for a MB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top