Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/22/2004 5:16:07 AM EDT
I have 2 favorite show, COP's, & Cheaters. I like watching a low down sneaky cheat, get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I feel sad for the one who is being cheated on, & I have seen some real gut wrenchers.
I have had the opportunity to cheat on my wife a couple of times since we were married, but I would not consider it. I'm not saying it's not a temptation, just that I won't consider it. I have many reasons why, & I'll list them. I'm just curious if there are any other valid reasons I haven't thought of.

Reasons not to cheat

1) I made a vow to my God, & I would never want to hurt him by being a cheat.

2) I made a vow to my wife, & I wouldn't want to hurt her faith or trust in me.

3) I think it would hurt many folks who look up to me as an example of a Godly man, & I wouldn't want to hurt or let them down by behaving so selfish.

4) I have a son depending on me to set a Godly example of a man for him, & I wouldn't want to let him down, or hurt his image of me.

5) I believe cheating is a totally selfish act.

6) No woman has parts that are radically different than my wife's.

7) I can only imagine how many lives would be damaged or ruined if I cheated. Like a child form the woman cheated with.

8) V.D., the  thought of giving my wife a disease from my unfaithfulness is something I couldn't live with, & given some VD's are fatal that might be true.

9) If I were to cheat it would open the door for me to be cheated on.

10) I would truly be cheating myself out of God's best for me.

11) God has commanded me not to cheat.

12) IF I gave my wife a VD from my cheating it could be passed down to any future children we might have.

13) If I lost my marriage to cheating it could cost me all I have worked for my whole life.

14) I could never trust some one who I cheated with, & any plans for a remarriage would be ruined.

15) I would never want to start to get to know some other woman again. It's to much work to get where I've got to want to start over.

Reasons to cheat

1) The pleasure of a new partner.

2) The pleasure of forbidden fruit.

3) Feeling like a studly man again.

I think all the reasons to cheat are nothing more than a deception, & the pleasure would be short.
I know this for sure, no one wants ME but my wife, & nobody wants my wife but me. Think about what this statement is saying.

Now can any of you think of other reasons not to cheat, or maybe a reason to cheat that is really valid?

Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Once you've got a Ferrari, why take a Pontiac for a test drive?  Especially since you could lose your Ferrari over it and possibly get stuck with the Pontiac.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
For reasons not to, I'll take all of the above.
Plus, I gave my word not to when I married.
And I keep my word.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Once you've got a Ferrari, why take a Pontiac for a test drive?  Especially since you could lose your Ferrari over it and possibly get stuck with the Pontiac.

Hey now. Bad analogy. I like Pontiacs. They perform well, have great style, and have a hell of a lot less maintenence than a damn Ferrari.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Respect for one's own integrity.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#5]
All you have to do is see the movie "Fatal Attraction" and it will remove any desire to cheat.

Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Aside from innate phyical urges, I have no interest in other women.  For all the reasons above, the fact that I gave my word, am an honorable man, and that I love my wife and would be lost without her, I would never, ever, cheat.  

As you said, I too believe it is the mark of a selfish man/woman, who disrespects their mate for sex.  

If I ever fall out of love, I'll kick myself for not working on my marriage and staying in love.  Believe me when I tell you guys, that having a child, my daughter, has brought me even closer to my wife.  This wonderful child is a reflection of my love for my wife and every day that passes, I love them more and more.  

E.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Respect.
It's all about respecting the other person.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I love her.  

I've been through a lot of women with whom I didn't, even married one (who turned crazy, but that's another story).

Also, I was cheated on by my ex-wife and would never want my current to experience the hurt, shame, questions, etc. that causes.

Eric A. Mayer  
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Why exchange one bag of problems for another?
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#10]
You are all correct on not cheating.  I also feel the same way and could never cheat on my wife.  I have thought that it would be fun to be with someone else but couldn't and never would do it.  I have two beautiful kids that mean the world to me and can't think of loseing them.  Now I wish my wife or soon to be X-wife could have felt the same way.  Its her loss.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#11]
God's design

I love my wife

Good order and discipline
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For reasons not to, I'll take all of the above.
Plus, I gave my word not to when I married.
And I keep my word.

so, hypothetically, if a guy were about to give his word should he run far away before he does give his word?  seriously though-cheating creates drama.............i HATE drama.  my fiancee tries to create enough as it is.

jake
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Respect and the fear of having your balls cut off.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#15]
There are a lot of factors but the biggest one is I doubt I could find anyone that would want to have sex with me
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#16]
An oposing view (I'm not saying I cheated, but I sure felt like it).  After you make the vow, and determine she is the one for you.  You do everything you think you should and can do. All the stuff listed above.  You give her everything she wants. A home, car and a child. You make enough money to become a single income family, she get her dream of being a stay at home mother. You think life is good. Then the wife treats you like crap. No matter what you do, no matter how you worship her, it's not good enough or you are'nt doing it her way.   She becomes a control freak in your life. She calls you names like moron or idiot, and drives you out of your mind.  You get to the point you don't want to go home anymore.  You burry yourself in your work so you can stay late, just so you don't have to deal with her any more.  You still love her, but you realize it's over.  Then what?

Been there.  I new it was done when I was told, "I know you're trying hard, and you think you're giving it everything you have. I appreciate that, but it's just not enough."  My transgretion?  I changed jobs, for one that made more money, but we had to move, since it was in another state.  The state she came from.  So she get back home with mommy and sisters and out ya go.  Oh,,and now pay her $500 every payday.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I am married to the most wonderful woman. She's my soulmate and my best friend of 10 years. She likes to shoot, ride motorcycles, camp, kayak, and she's very frugal with money. She is beautiful and very physically fit. She makes her own money and is highly independent. She has a wonderful sense of humor and she lets me be myself. She's witty and intelligent and she's sweet as can be. She's a knockout and could be on the cover of Shape magazine.

She's one in 10,000,000. The ARCOMMERS who have met her can vouch for what I say.

There's very few woman who could ever fill her shoes. I only hope that I die before she does because I cannot bear the thought of life without her.

She has given me her heart and has trusted me with he love and commitment to me.

I love her and I would be committing the worst sin against any and all sense of what is right, good, honest, and moral in the known universe if I would ever seek to gratify such superficial biological urges with someone else.

That's what keeps me from cheating.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Why would I defile the best part of ME
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I Love my wife.

Simple and effective.

Next Question.

SG
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I like living in my house and my girlfriend has more guns than I do.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#21]
If I ever meet a college cheerleader with a fetish for middle-aged fat guys, I'll let you know whether or not my personal integrity is worth a damn.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I gave my word to my wife, what more could there be?
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There are a lot of factors but the biggest one is I doubt I could find anyone that would want to have sex with me

lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Because she is the mother of my son.  Also, I set down one day just for shits and giggles and figured out what a child support payment would be for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Because if I got caught, and I would, then I would have to look into my wifes eyes as see all of that hurt which I had put there.  Here is a woman that puts up with me thru thick and thin and I go ahead and cheat on her??

I don't think so...you don't hurt the ones you love.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, yeah I do love my wife.  

But,
1.- I do not want any damage to my balls done. (by my wifie)
2.- I am too much in love with my money, I am not giving 50% away.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Because if I got caught, and I would, then I would have to look into my wifes eyes as see all of that hurt which I had put there.  Here is a woman that puts up with me thru thick and thin and I go ahead and cheat on her??

I don't think so...you don't hurt the ones you love.

Sgtar15

yup same here.  would never be able to live with myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#28]
2 reasons I do not cheat.....

I love her

and even more importantly, I taught her to shoot
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree with everyone about why not to cheat, with the exception of the "Godly" reasons. If anyone ever is contemplating cheating, just think about how you would feel if it was done to you. That would truly suck.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
2 reasons I do not cheat.....

I love her

and even more importantly, I taught her to shoot

exactly
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't want a detachable penis.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Respect: for her, myself, and our children.

We've had our rough times, but she has always stuck with me and supported me. I couldn't ask for a better woman to share my life with.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#33]
We took a poll here.. The pecker was all for some strange, but then again the pecker is a one-eyed fathead who hangs out with nuts and an asshole.  The heart and mind disagreed and outnumbered the pecker, which is how it usually goes.

I actually liked that whole "thrill of the hunt" thing.. Reeling in the fish is 3/4 of the fun, and in my misguided youth I used to do a lot of "catch and release".  My present girlfriend (we live together and plan on marriage, though no diamond yet), blew that all away like winding in a Marlin on 20lb test.  Once that happens, a smart man hangs up the rod because it don't matter how many more trash fish you reel in, you're never doing as well again and you damn sure know it.

God.. If she only knew I just compared her to a fish.. heart and mind wouldn't have anyone to disagree with..
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#34]
1. I love her
2. we have sex almost everyday
And here is a pic of my wife. . Now ask me why I would need to cheat?
     FREE

Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#35]
You've mentioned them, but my personal reasons for being faithful are:
1)I promised and I keep my word.
2)I love my wife and never want to hurt her.
3)I love my kids and don't want to lose their respect.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#36]
I won't cheat because I made a vow to God.

And what God joined together, let NO man cut asunder

Marrying my wife is probably the ONLY thing I have done right.

I prayed for her before I ever knew her
I observed her over a considerable period of time and saw her character, trustworthiness, convictions and so on.

We are celebrating 14 years together in 2 weeks and it just gets better and better and I know I don't deserve one bit of her.

I have never known a more sacrificial, committed person in my whole life.

She is a beautiful woman, a gifted musician, and a loving mother to our son.

But most of all,,,,   GOD GAVE HER TO ME!!!!

No insult, but from my point of view on my wedding day, every other man became a loser

I know many of you feel the same way about your wives.

I for one don't believe that marriage changes a woman, it only reveals what they were to begin with.

patsue
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
6) No woman has parts that are radically different than my wife's.

That right there is the single best one to convince someone who doesn't listen to your other (morality-based) arguments.  If you're getting it at home, there's nothing but ego (i.e. insecurity in your manhood) making you look elsewhere.  Assuming your relationship is healthy, cheating means you're a insecure, pathetic excuse for a man.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Well here is a pic of my wife. we have sex almost everyday. Now ask me why I would need to cheat?

Can't argue with that, FREE!  
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I agree with everyone about why not to cheat, with the exception of the "Godly" reasons. If anyone ever is contemplating cheating, just think about how you would feel if it was done to you. That would truly suck.

Funny, God has similar thoughts on the matter.  

Matthew 7:12 KJV
(12)  Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Sadly, after 27 years of marriage I cannot imagine being with a woman who loved me, let alone was crazy for me.  I have been faithful, too, because I made that vow before God and man.  When the D is over, I will be financially spent and living entirely alone.  I don't regret staying with her while the kids were at home.  I made the best decision I knew how to make.  But when she moved out after years of threats and intimidation, I filed to end the marriage.  It hurt like hell.  I don't regret filing, either.  I did what was best for both of us.  Ironically, her departure has turned out to be the best thing she could have done for me.

I can hold my head up in public and I can bow before God in private and still feel good about myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Speaking of Ferrari, the local ire dept was hosting a Ferrari car show just down the block from my house!  I got one pic with my digital camera while cruising by..no time to stop.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Cheating is not a problem. I have no womenz.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#43]
In addition to the reasons stated above, my wife has always had the mindset that "he should be too tired to cheat."  So, we have sex about once a day....

Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Easy I think with my brain not my dick

Neanderthal
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Because I've never been propositioned by a lovely, young, deaf, mute woman who owns machineguns and a liquor store.

Link Posted: 5/22/2004 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I believe in "till death do us part" and I love my wife. (even when she pisses me off) I try not to let the little stuff that don't matter get to me. If I cheated on her, I figure I will feel guilty as hell, and always think SHE is cheating on me. Also with things going around that will kill you, it just ain't worth it, and I refuse to wear a condom. (I tried once and it fell off.)  One more, Thou shalt not commit adultry.
AB
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I love her.  

I've been through a lot of women with whom I didn't, even married one (who turned crazy, but that's another story).

Also, I was cheated on by my ex-wife and would never want my current to experience the hurt, shame, questions, etc. that causes.

Eric A. Mayer  

Well said------sounds eerily familiar!
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#48]
What keeps me from cheating? Think John Wayne Bobbit…

She has always said, if she catches my weapon inside the wrong pants it's knife time… I believe her.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#49]
All of the right reasons have allready been listed.

But I can add another one that helps me. I came from a family of a failed marrige. Growing up it was a hardship on me because of my parents divorce. And I made a promise to myself that I would never bring this upon my children.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Honor... If you don't have it what else do you have?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but an honorable man would never cheat on his wife nor would he have anything to do with a married woman.

Be a man among men and keep your vows and be a man of your word!

Plus my wife would shoot me...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top