User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2001 8:18:10 AM EDT
How do you load the thompson 50 rnd drum? Any help appreciated Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#1]
there should be a loading key?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I have three. No key unless your talking about the winder on the back wich says don't wind more than 9 clicks, I don't want to damage them.Need some adviceplease.Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have a clue??????????????????????
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I used to have a class 3 M1928A1 Auto-ord.  It was alot of fun.  Here's how to load the drum:

Remove the key (this is the winder on the front) by lifting and sliding it off.

Remove the cover plate.

Put the ammo in the drum.  Obviously the bullets go towards the front.  There's six sections in the mag.  Start by loading five rounds in each section in the outside track.  Then load another five rounds in the frist four sections.  The last two sections of the mag should only have five rounds each in them.  The other sections will have ten rounds each in them.  It's easy to see how they go in once you start.  

Put the cover plate back on.

Put the key back in.  

Wind the drum.  The number on the back is how many clicks to wind it.  You can wind it a couple turns if you just don't want to have them rattle around in storage, but you'll have to remember how many time you winded it.  Don't exceed the number of clicks stamped on the mag.  Don't try to wind-up a partially empty mag.  Wind it up right the first time and you'll have no problems.

That's all there is to it.  It's real easy once you get the plate off.  I don't have mine anymore, and I can't remember exactly how to get the key off.  I figured it out though easy enough.  DON'T use any tools.  You shouldn't need any.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
You da man Ross,Thanks. I'll try it out. Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top