Page / 9
Posted: 5/2/2021 2:42:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't the members of the NRA just sign a petition and kick him out?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
FNRA
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, no. They basically voted that option out at the meetings in 2019 IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. The NRA leadership changed the rules so that we have to play it their way. Oh - and the possibilities of who to put on the board is from a selection they decide by themselves.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an idea, set up a fund that will hold money in escrow to be released upon the removal of Wayne, Hammer, Exec Board, etc. Then promote that far and wide.

Once people see the millions sitting there, it will be an obvious fiduciary duty to act.

It will also send a message to the anti gun crowd that the NRA is one step away from being a juggernaut again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No. The NRA leadership changed the rules so that we have to play it their way. Oh - and the possibilities of who to put on the board is from a selection they decide by themselves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People actually voted for the by law change because FWLP said it was a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Ceased giving money to the NRA at least 5 years ago and told the solicitors no more until Wayne is gone.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#17]
It was time for this.

I actually got a call from the NRA after I replied to an email with: "Is Wayne still there?  I have let mine and all four of my childrens membership expire.  When Wayne is gone I will reconsider."  

A few minutes later caller ID came up with a number from Virginia.  Short version of conversation. "We know and you are one of many saying this."
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The membership can petition the board, which was the original plan. It failed and they systematically isolated and removed all board members who opposed Wayne. It is now mostly an echo chamber of Wayne supporters. We can't count on the board to support the membership, they need to be removed and potentially all named in lawsuits directly to get the point. If we remove Wayne without the board, it's possible they could simply name another poor leader and continue the corruption.

If we can alter the bankruptcy plan, we can require the removal of all leadership and start fresh. The membership holds the power in the eyes of the court, so we need David's lawsuit to echo exactly what we feel. I believe closing statements are Monday and he's working around the clock to get things ready. The more the membership can do to be heard, the more power we will have in how this is resolved.

Make sure to spread the word for folks to CANCEL AND REQUEST REFUNDS on any membership payments they have recently made and stop any and all donations to the NRA!!!
View Quote

Okay.
Attachment Attached File

Board members Not to be spineless fudds.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The membership can petition the board, which was the original plan. It failed and they systematically isolated and removed all board members who opposed Wayne. It is now mostly an echo chamber of Wayne supporters. We can't count on the board to support the membership, they need to be removed and potentially all named in lawsuits directly to get the point. If we remove Wayne without the board, it's possible they could simply name another poor leader and continue the corruption.

If we can alter the bankruptcy plan, we can require the removal of all leadership and start fresh. The membership holds the power in the eyes of the court, so we need David's lawsuit to echo exactly what we feel. I believe closing statements are Monday and he's working around the clock to get things ready. The more the membership can do to be heard, the more power we will have in how this is resolved.

Make sure to spread the word for folks to CANCEL AND REQUEST REFUNDS on any membership payments they have recently made and stop any and all donations to the NRA!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I quit donating 3 years ago. One person you need to remove before even Wayne, is Marion Hammer. I have no idea what power she has over WLP and the board. WLP and the board can start to agree to something and if Marion Hammer doesn't like it, it does not happen
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, attitude towards NRA criticism on this board sure has changed.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Wayne LaPierre, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular. And also Uncrowned King Of Scotland.
View Quote

In other words, he's an asshole that needs to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like such a tool being an endowment member these days.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

But begging for money never changes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Any chance those thieves get some prison time?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It often takes money to make good things happen.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#33]
In. The NRA could be a serious powerhouse for peeling back decades of rotten gun laws.

Let's hope this goes somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#34]
OST
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Companies like MidwayUSA need to cease collecting NRA donations from purchasers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Wayne LaPierre, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular. And also Uncrowned King Of Scotland.
View Quote

You forgot Captain General and Admiral of the Ocean Sea
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Huh

Tagged
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I increasingly believe that Wayne isn't going anywhere unless it's in a casket or a pair of handcuffs.

The majority of the Board simply doesn't care, or is implicated in wrongdoing themselves.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Life member here. I'll do what I can to help rid the NRA of WLP and his cronies.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif
If not and no chance of an order (meaningless as may be) to repay stolen dues......I'm not IN anymore.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#42]
For an Average Joe like me, I look around and I see FPC, SAF, GOA, and the state-level orgs fighting court battles and racking up wins, and all I ever hear from the NRA is about their own internal political and financial issues. I don't see them actually fighting the fight. Of course I'm still a member, but... I have to wonder what I'm getting for my money.

There are a lot of other places to throw our money and support to. Do they not understand this?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Can we start with bombing their social media posts begging for money. Half the comments are filled with don’t tread on me guys ball licking the NRA about how good they are. Outside of this board I think a lot of this goes unnoticed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I wasn’t aware you could request refunds on memberships...

Time to take back the NRA.

Get rid of WLP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Life member here. I'll do what I can to help rid the NRA of WLP and his cronies.
View Quote
I just don't believe anything will be done.  I don't even open my American Rifleman anymore.  It goes straight in the trash.  Oh, and so does my dad's copy (he's been dead for 5 years) and I've let those idiots know it more than a few times.  Just another waste of money.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It was time for this.

I actually got a call from the NRA after I replied to an email with: "Is Wayne still there?  I have let mine and all four of my childrens membership expire.  When Wayne is gone I will reconsider."  

A few minutes later caller ID came up with a number from Virginia.  Short version of conversation. "We know and you are one of many saying this."
View Quote

They never bothered to call me back after I wrote "Strip Wayne and Hammer of every single cent they own and send them to a Turkish prison for the rest of their lives and I'll consider renewing".  I quit receiving renewal notices as well so I must have hit a nerve.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just a little.

Unless a mod bans Teh Goat.

We will see

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol I'm not wrong, am I?

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#49]

We lifetime members have ZERO effect on the WLP situation.    Last time I sent something, I got the "we appreciate your concern, blah blah blah".
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I donated $100 to the cause.....and used my BofA CC to do it.  Commie bastards, I will purchase freedom with it even though they don't like it.

As a note normally would trash this card but longest line of credit....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top