Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2001 4:21:10 AM EDT
Man, what a suck ass day for LE here in Harris County.  One Harris County Sheriff's Deputy shot and killed.  One Houston PD officer shot and killed and his partner in critical condition.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Does'nt sound good.[:(]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Being a LEO in NYC that is horrible news. Were the perps caught or are they still at large? Prayers for the officers' families
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]
That is never a good thing, well almost never.
Did they catch the miscreants?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the sheriff's deputy was shot on Tuesday morning around 6:40am and they caught the shooter later that afternoon still wearing the one handcuff the Deputy got on his wrist and he also still had the Deputy's duty weapon and the other pistol he used to shoot the Deputy.  

As for the HPD officers that were shot they also got the shooter and several others in custody.

Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
It even sucks more because I knew the HPD officer that was shot and killed.  I used to work an extra job with him at another apartment complex.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Being a LEO in NYC that is horrible news. Were the perps caught or are they still at large? Prayers for the officers' families
View Quote

If I traveled through NYC, and had a handgun packed in my trunk, would you arrest me??
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
"For he who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother!"[>(]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Bummer. Wish my best for the families.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Plus an HPD officer died in an accident this past friday.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I know this might get you guys mad, but under what circumstances were the officers shot?  If it was these people were stopped for something like a seatbelt violation, I'd have to side with the perps but only because we just went through another round of click-it-or-ticket propaganda here in NC which generated tens of thousands of dollars in revenue for the state = highway robbery perpretrated by the so-called "good guys".

If it was drugs, well, then we can discuss the relative merits of prohibition and its unintended consequences.

Sorry to hear of the mayhem, but until we get certain issues sorted out, we can expect a lot more of this kind of behavior.  I'm not saying I support it, but I certainly understand it.

It's a bitch because the ones killed are usually honest family men caught up in a system and a state of affairs that they didn't put in motion.  

This is not a flame, but an attempt to start an honest dialog, so please, be kind.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Kindly go F*ck yourself. You P.O.S. Hows that for dialog?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It is a sad day for LEO's here in H'town.

The POS that shot and killed the deputy with his .25 and "wished the officer was dead" should be executed post haste.  I wish they would bring back public hangings.

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Trickshot I can't even believe you would say that.  Well, how can I be upfront with you.  GO F&CK YOURSELF AND YOUR STUPID A$$ COMMENT.  

Just FYI for you the Sheriff's Deputy was killed while making an arrest and had got one handcuff on the frigging terd.  The Houston PD Officers that were shot were working extra jobs with two other officers.  They had about five in custody for being involved in some kind of drug deal.  This is about as kind as I will be to you you moron.

If you honestly think that a traffic violation is a good reason for killing someone then you need to have your fucking head examined.  I just can't believe you would make a comment like that.  Do you have any kids, wife, brother, etc.  So I guess in your eyes if anyone of them were LEOs then it would be ok to kill them because they were writing me a traffic citation.  Man, you are a damn idiot.

JUST FOR CLARIFICATION I WOULD NEVER KILL ANYONE BECAUSE OF A TICKET AND MY ABOVE COMMENTS ARE NOT THREATS WHATSOEVER THEY WERE JUST USED TO PROVE A POINT.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#14]
God bless those LEOs who die in the line of duty, and if you don't have anything nice to say, stay the hell of this topic.

My sympathies to those families.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I nominate Trickshot for "Troll of the Week".
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a handcuff key in my belt
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#17]
With trickshot's rocket scientist mentality, it's no wonder our country is the way it is today.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Slightly different topic, but New Jersey just had a ceremony honoring all the NJ cops that died in the line of duty during the past year.  Two heart attacks, one traffic accident and one gunshot in the stomach, while he was cleaning his duty pistol.

Norm
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#19]
hey TRICKSH$t

F%ck You, here in OK most criminals are caught by traffic stops were not the SS we dont kick in doors everday (i've never kicked in one) but i guess trying to keep a town or city safe isnt enogh! for a guy like you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll pray for the men in blue but ill pray for their family and children more.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Trickshot-

Please come up to NYC. I know some real "nice" places in Harlem, the Bronx, and even Brooklyn where you can do car stops and findout firsthand if you'd side with perps or not.
Oh yeah, GO FU@K yourself, HAVE A NICE DAY[-!-]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#22]
F*ck you trickshot.  You are the type of waste that makes us look bad.  Click it or ticket can lead to killing cops?  You make me sick.  If you ever make it to my work I'm lettin Bubba have his way with your puss ass.

At least we can be sure that in Texas these bags of human garbage will get what they deserve.

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I keep "hearing" about the "Seat Belt Incident" It is an obvious point of contention.

I would ask you rocket scientists out there to consider something. (This is the same point I tried to make when the incident was first reported and everybody was all inflamed about it.)  

1. What were the full circumstances around the incident?

2. Without knowing what the full circumstances about that incident - which means there might have been much, much more than what was reported - how do you know the arrest was not only legal but entirely justified.

I challange anybody to find out what happened
and report it.

Without knowing fully what happened how can someone render an opinion about it.
An intelligent, informed decision can only be made if all or most all of the facts are known.

I mean "Woman arrested for not wearing seatbelt" is about as informative as "Noah went for a ride in home made boat".
Get my drift?      

jadams951 - My heart goes out to you and the Deputy's family. We had two officers murdered in two months at the end of last year, here.
I live and work in the upstate of South Carolina.

[blue]Blue207[/blue]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#24]
i think its funny people scream about rights but never talk about thier duties.

every time some one gets pulled over its i wasnt doing anything wrong. im black im indian im a redneck im a woman im short..nevermind the 75 in a 40 or the crack in my glove box.... then everybody screams well the cops just hate me.. i know there are bad cops out there but the major part of police officers are not to bad..
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Why the hell would someone side with a low-life that shoots a LEO after stopping them for a seatbelt violation or any other traffic related reason ?  Thats like saying you simpathize with a kid who shoots his teacher because the teacher gave him a hard time.  I have a friend who hates cops of all kinds, but when i ask him a question like "who is going to take care of the criminals when your at work" he fudges something stupid.

Sorry, but if you shoot a LEO because your havving a bad day, you had a troubled childhood or he stops you for a traffic related incident...YOU ARE WRONG, AND WILL SOON BE DEAD WRONG (at least here in Texas).

nuf said
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#27]
person helping in riot

F#$K THE POLICE F#$K THE POLICE.
riot goes bad
person says Wheres the police.

oh let me guess the bad guys are just a by product of a TV killin world
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Mathew 5:9 "Blessed are the Peace Keepers, for they will be called God's Children."

-Troy

PS- My wifes grandmother passed away in her sleep this morning![0:)]

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
"For he who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother!"
View Quote

Speaking out of both sides FAT BOY Uncle Buck?

This above is a comment used by military men going into battle, so with that I say you fully support the Paramilitary aspect of the police force.

That there is a partial reasoning in why the COPs suck.

Then you help to perpetuate the US *vs* THEM situation that kills COPs.

It's gonna get worse the more the COPs act like Gestapo KGB Paper pushing pencil neck geeks.

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

..... so with that I say you fully support the Paramilitary aspect of the police force.

It's gonna get worse the more the COPs act like Gestapo KGB Paper pushing pencil neck geeks.

[rail]Railgun....
View Quote

This reminds me of the post below, from another forum:

...men who have the balls to stand up and say I don't give a shit about the law, I am gonna do what I think is right!
View Quote

Why is it when some yahoo "stands up" and declares his "independence" from unfair laws and law enforcement he is looked on as a patriot or something to be admired (by some).

NOW - why is it if some LEO DOES NOT DO IT BY THE LETTER he is a JBT.

Isn't this an obvious duel standard. For one it is OK not to do it right/lawful, and for another it is not????
As others in this forum have made it a point to clarify - aren't we all civilians - seperated by job duties.
If cops, which are a cross section of the population of America, suck - then so do you!

Railgun - I would call you an insensitive Troll, but that would be impolite and redundant.  

Please take it somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Railgun-stick around
Blue-Nice view from your side of the coin.
Cops have some pr work here that needs doing.
Citizens will back you fellas up when we feel we are not being prosecuted.
We know you have a job to do and others write the laws, but we also are regular joe`s just passing through. The way the laws are written finds us breaking some sort of law every day. Speeding, full stops, seatbelts, eating donuts while driving[;)], and a host of other rules that get broken everyday
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
"For he who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother!"
View Quote

Speaking out of both sides FAT BOY Uncle Buck?

This above is a comment used by military men going into battle, so with that I say you fully support the Paramilitary aspect of the police force.

[rail]Railgun....
View Quote

Cops go into battle daily. If you don't believe it try it for yourself. Don't talk to me about battle you candy ass big mouth. We race to sound of gunfire while you run from it. We hunt down the people you hind from. The people you fear fear us. Talk, talk, talk thats all your good for. Cops walk the walk. I'm proud to be one and I'm proud you hate me for it so go ahead run that big mouth of yours. a big mouth always comes in handy for talking.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#33]
My .02

First, I do not believe anyone should take another life without being in eminent (sp?) danger of losing their own if they don't.

I think the point being made about paramilitary force/abuse/over-reaction is the following. Far too often in the last several years we have seen cases where folks were killed by law-enforcement during routine traffic stops, assaulted with plungers or pumping 41 shots into unarmed men. Not to mention the events that transpired in Cincinnati. Over the last decade a change has occurred, and that is that officers of the peace became law enforcement officers. They have received federal equipment, military training and the like. And it seems as if with all the above changes, there has been a more militant change in their behavior as well.

In the same way that many of us want a return to constitutional government, we also want a return to the men and women of principle who wear the uniform and abide by a moral, Constitutional code, not gun-ho military-esque LEOs trampling the Constitution and lives in the process.

Far too often we (non-law-enforcement) hear "I don't believe in the laws, I just enforce them." And herein lies the point--men and women of honor and principle don't enforce unjust laws and trample rights while doing so.

Therein lies the dilemma and the basis from which some might ask for more information about the circumstances under which the above events transpired.

"These are the times that try men's souls.  The summer soldier and sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands now deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as Freedom should not be highly rated." - Thomas Paine, The Crisis , December 23, 1776
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I know this might get you guys mad, but under what circumstances were the officers shot?  If it was these people were stopped for something like a seatbelt violation, I'd have to side with the perps but only because we just went through another round of click-it-or-ticket propaganda here in NC which generated tens of thousands of dollars in revenue for the state = highway robbery perpretrated by the so-called "good guys".

.............we can expect a lot more of this kind of behavior.  I'm not saying I support it, but I certainly understand it.
View Quote

You side with the Perps for a seat belt violation????????

Are you actually saying that not liking a ticket for a seat belt violation [b] = [/b]justifiable shooting of the LEO........???????

What a F'ing POS you are.

It is the sleaze that support beleifs like yours that are the reason for the chaos and crime in this country.

How would you feel if some people decided to start whacking a class of folks known as fvcking slime balls...................kinda like you for example.

Heck.................I suppose it would be our right huh?

Creep![-!-] [-!-] [-!-]

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"I know this might get you guys mad, but under what circumstances were the officers shot?  If it was these people were stopped for something like a seatbelt violation, I'd have to side with the perps but only because we just went through another round of click-it-or-ticket propaganda here in NC which generated tens of thousands of dollars in revenue for the state = highway robbery perpretrated by the so-called "good guys"."

Following your reasoning, I should be able to kill you because you aren't wearing a seatbelt.  

"Sorry to hear of the mayhem, but until we get certain issues sorted out, we can expect a lot more of this kind of behavior.  I'm not saying I support it, but I certainly understand it.

It's a bitch because the ones killed are usually honest family men caught up in a system and a state of affairs that they didn't put in motion. "

So, let's all kill the messenger, huh?

I still consider myself a newbie here, so I cant really guage whether you are being sarcastic and just trying to stir up a conversation, or whether you are a drop-out from idiot school.  If the latter, my family sincerely hopes that my aim is better than yours'.

edited because the 'reply with quote' thing didn't work like I thought it would.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top