Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2004 5:14:41 PM EDT
I wonder if the killers knew they were getting a "twofer", American and Jewish.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wonder if the killers knew they were getting a "twofer", American and Jewish.

I have not read he was Jewish.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it has been mentioned all over the radio for the past couple of days.

IIRC, his passport had stampings from Israel in it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Figures that a southerner would not click to the name Berg being a shortened Jewish name.

Bet you the guys from NYC took if forgranted from day one.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That's why it was surprising that he had anti-semetic literature and a copy of the Q'ran on him when previously stopped by U.S. authorities in Iraq.  Although, if you're jewish, it would make sense to have that on you if you're in any Arab country.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He got his head sawed off. Does it matter?

Nope.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He got his head sawed off. Does it matter?

Yes, as a Jew, he had not accepted Jesus and will therefore burn in the lake of fire for all eternity.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Figures that a southerner would not click to the name Berg being a shortened Jewish name.

Bet you the guys from NYC took if forgranted from day one.

Tj

Hey, Give us poor boys a break there TJ.
I got this fron a CNN article..If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck etc.
" Berg's body was flown to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware."

"A public memorial service for Berg will be held at 3:30 p.m. Friday at a synagogue, congregation Kesher Israel, in his home city of West Chester, Pennsylvania, said Carl Goldstein, who is with a funeral home in Philadelphia coordinating the service."

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
No insult intended there Bob.  I just took it for granted the first time I heard the name is all.

I have alot of Jewish friends.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah, it has been mentioned all over the radio for the past couple of days.

IIRC, his passport had stampings from Israel in it.

Man it was terrible what happened to him, but he  wasn't very bright. Traveling alone in Iraq with no security at all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard a recording of his father talking about their differing political views.  His dad said the son was a big fan of Bush.  His dad further stated it did not come between them.  "He respected MY political views and I respected his RIGHT to have different views."  So did He respect his son's Views ...or just his Right to have them?  Small difference but it bears examination.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey shotar
Wake up and smell the coffee.

It not a religion it’s a race.

Yes, they knew he was Jewish just like they knew Pearl was.

What do you think Arabs are stupid and can’t figure things out?

I believe that is why the singled him out and murdered him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It is because in this country one's religion is not considered a public matter.  It is entirely between the American and his conscience.  We don't generally consider it an issue.

I certainly shouldn't be an issue regarding this brutal murder of fellow countryman.  That's for damn sure!

Tj
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey shotar
Wake up and smell the coffee.

It not a religion it’s a race.

The genetics of middle eastern Arab/Muslims is practically identical to middle eastern Jews.  They are the same race, just different religions.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#17]
The genetics, what that we all walk up right? Please!

So why do Jewish Americans refer to them self’s as such?

You might not know any thing about this being from Alabama.

I see you referred to Arab (race) and Muslim ( religion) together
You might want to take a trip to NJ or NY to get a little education.

But yes I do agree with you in the Middle East they are so much alike and hate each other so
much?????

I all most forget, yes I have Jewish friends and African American ones too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes, as a Jew, he had not accepted Jesus and will therefore burn in the lake of fire for all eternity.

YOu have NO basis for making that statement.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
And Jews of European extraction are not a separate race from other caucasians.  Lotsa blonde haired blued eyed Jews around here.

Exactly
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh shit, please don't go down this path again!

He was American and that's enough.

Right now the company I represent, the GM is 6.2 blond blue eyed Jew, the sales manager is Palistinian decent Christian, one engineer is white as snow Argetinian decent, and another Polish decent and I'm a redneck from the south that after my family being here over 200 years has probably every race, creed, and religion in me.  What are we?  Americans!  

I figured Berg may have been of Jewish decent but had no idea what his relgion was but suspected but you see I didn't give a hoot and shit.

Damn!

Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top