Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2004 4:47:04 PM EDT
I just saw a segment of COURT TV where the question was brought up as to the motive of these two.
The only one brought up was the speculation by the wife of one that these killings were being done so as to set her up as a murder victum. No other speculations were brought up.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the snipers admitted that white people were deliberately targeted, and that the lone black victum was shot so as to throw investigators off.

Did anyone else read this? I really need to know if you can verify it. If this is true then why in the H did the Court TV not mention it also?

If I am wrong, then my apologies to all.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not heard anything about that, but then I didn't follow the case all that much. Question is, if they targeted whites to be their main victums would that make what they did a "hate crime"?  
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont think thats credible. I know there was an Indian and a Hispanic, and at least 2 Blacks.

Inflammitory journalistic speculation.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The DC Sniper killings were straight out of the Al Qaeda terror manual found in Afghanistan.  Some of the terror techniques were published in an article (I think I found it linked from the news articles here on AR15) many months before those attacks.

The article was

Homeland Insecurity, by Joseph Farah of World Net Daily, September 4, 2002

In it he quoted the manual as saying (among other things)

-using pickup trucks with shooters concealed in the bed of the trucks;
-using motorcycles as a shooting platform for drive-bys and assassinations;
-execution of prisoners;
-ambushes of law-enforcement officers;
-residential assassinations;
-assassination on a golf course using a rocket-propelled grenade and rifle fire;
-drive-up kidnapping of target walking on a street;
-use of tunnels, storm drains and sewers for infiltration during urban raids;
-rappelling from rooftops of buildings to make entry on upper floors;
-use of motorcycles for grenade attacks; and
-raids on buildings with large numbers of occupants – perhaps schools or office buildings.

The Beltway Snipers were from Tacoma, WA, where a number of people were arrested by the FBI for terror plot charges, I think from the same Mosque as the snipers attended.

Draw your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why do muslim terrorists kill anyone?

To a Islamic fundamentalist any "non-believer" is a target.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to Google

Enter "Washington, DC snipers"

Tons of info...

www.mayhem.net/Crime/sniper.html
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To a Islamic fundamentalist any "non-believer" is a target.

Is was rhetorical, but thanks.

Yep the shootings were not racist but the investigation sure the hell was.

FBI profiling is gospel.  Well until a truck driver nails the real badguy.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Because Islam is a religion of peace...
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
#1- Those were not snipers.  Deranged lunatics comes to mind.

#2 - There were a couple of "black" targets as I recall.  The kid and the bus driver as two that I am 99.9% sure were darker than whitey.

#3 - They are lucky they were taken peacefully.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]

I think the guy shot early on in DC was black too, someone even gave the police a good description of the car and they still looked for a truck or white van.

October 3, 9:15 p.m.: Pascal Charlot, 72, of Washington, D.C., killed while standing on a Washington street.
Edited to add the Pascal Charlot information
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top