Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2004 1:51:57 PM EDT
the show with Penn & Teller. Does anyone watch it? Do you have a favorite? If nothing else it is quite entertaining.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
its entertaining.

but why is it bullshit?

its magic. your not supposed to take it seriously.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The show is named Bullshit...they 'debunk' stuff like recycling, the war on drugs, fung shei(sp?), and shit like that.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
OK.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
ah, i havent seen that yet.

i'll check it out this weekend, i havent anything else to do.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
yes- excellent show.  The one on global warming was my favorite.
I'm hoping they'll do one on gun control.  I'm pretty sure they are on our side with that one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It's bullshit. They put their spin on it, just like an Anti with gun statistics.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK.  

Who asked you? Oh, yeah, I guess I did. Do you have Showtime? Maybe that's the problem.

You don't have the time or energy for TV nowadays anyway.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Great show.  (I have a season pass on Tivo for it).

I LOVED the one on recycling.  God, people are such sheep.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK.  

Who asked you? Oh, yeah, I guess I did. Do you have Showtime? Maybe that's the problem.

You don't have the time or energy for TV nowadays anyway.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I was just trying to bother a fellow georgian.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
So that's it...You guys are missing out. I have been watching older episodes on Comcast On-demand. Almost as good as TIVO...but not.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My favorite one is one Fung-Shui, because my mom is way into that.  She spends god knows how much money on junk, books, furniture, and flying to Asia for Fung Shui workshops.  She really thinks rearranging furntiure and buying tacky decorations will bring wealth.  Saving?  Investing?  Buying a home instead of renting?  That doesn't make sense to her.  But superstitious Chinese decorating does.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The recycling one.

Who would think that 10 garbage cans is a GOOD idea? One for used tampons, one for lightly soiled toilet paper?

And the people are saying "OK, sounds like a good idea".

YIKES!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The recycling one.

Who would think that 10 garbage cans is a GOOD idea? One for used tampons, one for lightly soiled toilet paper?

YIKES!

God, you should of seen the look on my friends' faces when I told them recycling was a crock of shit, makes no sense at all, and doesn't save the environment. I might as well told them I molested little boys.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never heard of it before.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#15]
It is on right now.  Talking about Yoga!!

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I like were they are going over  mad cow disease and beef!  I love it where he said 'There have been  30 mad cow cases (I forgot the actual #), out of 6 Billion Farking people"!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The recycling one.

YIKES!

God, you should of seen the look on my friends' faces when I told them recycling was a crock of shit, makes no sense at all, and doesn't save the environment. I might as well told them I molested little boys.

Say what?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw penn & teller do a trick involving a handgun. While the trick was being prepped, penn recited the 4 rules and said something along the lines of "if everyone followed these rules there would be no one ever hurt with guns". Basically implying that responsible usage of guns is safe.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I saw penn & teller do a trick involving a handgun. While the trick was being prepped, penn recited the 4 rules and said something along the lines of "if everyone followed these rules there would be no one ever hurt with guns". Basically implying that responsible usage of guns is safe.

Penn And Teller are openly Liberatarians. They are likely very much against gun control.
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bullshit...  
ByteTheBullet  (-:

Yep, that will happen, every now and then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top