Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2004 8:44:09 AM EDT
Goddamn....  I've still got 'Beau Coup' goose-bumps!  

I was just now laying down and sort of dozing off when I heard rotors, Really LOUD rotors!  Before I knew it I had actually leapt off the couch and run outside to see what the hell was going down.  It was two Marine Cobras approaching Hot & Low, Really Low! They flew right over the house and out over the bay, I watched them until they disappeared over the tree line on the other side.

Cool

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Why am I picturing Martin Sheen staring at the ceiling fan in Apocalypse Now?

ETA- were they headed twards South St Pete?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
In bound birds, always a good sound.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, always a good sound... if you are in the service of the USA!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same reaction when the Guards Blackhawks fly over. Goosebumps, too. Freaks out my wife.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
i love that sound
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I witnessed a very large joint convoy of helos over Lejeune.  Probably 65-75 helos involved.  It was orgasmic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
when I hear the sound of Sea Stallions it reminds me of "Phnom Penh" back in 1975.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#8]
When the V-22s go over (if you can hear em) just scare me... Kidding I love the V-22. Cobras and Heuys do sound cool. 17 pluss years of being around them and I still get goose bumps.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]
When I first started working in Quantico Town, it took a bit of getting used to, especially when a large gaggle of different birds came in beating the air into submission.

The Osprey is way wierd though...very quiet and a strange sounding bird.  The C-17 has that low, vacuum cleaner sound that high-bypass turbofans make.  The H-46s always sound like their about to fly apart.  I hate riding in them.

The easiest to make out are always the Cobras or Hueys.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I always have 4 helos fly over my house about twice a month ther asways in a diamond formation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top