Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2004 6:05:12 AM EDT
I got a new barrel(3.5in) for my P22 a couple days ago and I finaly got out to shoot it yesterday. I  was on the last mag of the afternoon and for the last  five mags I was shooting all double taps. Well on the last mag I popped off the first two rounds, than the third and on the fourth the was just this little dull pop sound. That didn't sound right I thought. I did a quick rack of the slide and out pops the spent case, hmm so I drop the mag and lock the slide back and as I'm doing that I notice this little bit of copper colored something barely sticking out the front of the barrel. It was the bullet.

So I packed up the ARs and the P22 and off to the house I went to get the bullet out of the end of the barrel. Now I got a .22lr bullet sitting with the collection in almost perfect condition execpt for the rifleing marks on it of course. If I would have finished shooting the mag it would have been 200 rounds even through the new barrel. I think maybe someday down the road it might be kinda cool to try and get another bullet that is fired from it and compare the two to see how much the markings on it changed from the brnad new barrel to a well used barrel.

This was my first experiance with a bullet getting lodged in a barrel so I thought I'd share it with ya'll.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Strange I shoot Super Colibri in mine which have no powder (primer only) and have never had a round stick in even a 5” barrel.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Strange I shoot Super Colibri in mine which have no powder (primer only) and have never had a round stick in even a 5” barrel.

I shoot the colibri out of a .22lr rifle with a 22in barrel and never had this happen. Gots no idea why it happened, I've been having problems with the ammo though. I had like 2k of 22lr in a 30cal ammo can and that stuff has been treated kinda crappy. It has sat in my car trunk for weeks on end sometimes, varations in temp humidity and all that I'm sure have screwed with the ammo.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:42:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually good catch on your part!  You'd be surprised how many people would have missed the short round and put another one right on top of it.  Talk about bulging barrels.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I shoot standard Colibri in my 10/22 with no problems.  (Hand eject of course)

Do that too, My stevens 87a is my feature rifle project. I'm going to try to have it tweeked to feed from ruger 10/22 mags it should actually be very doable. It's an interesting gun though because I can shoot any .22 round, long short don't matter. I can lock the bolt closed and shoot it like a bolt gun or shoot it semi-auto.

I've never had aproblem with the colibri's in any one of my .22s The first thought I had after seeing the bullet was damn I thought I'd see this shooting the colibri's from the rifles, but not shooting a 22lr round out of a pistol.

After I took the bullet out of the barrel I was like shit I should have taken a pic of it before I took it out!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actually good catch on your part!  You'd be surprised how many people would have missed the short round and put another one right on top of it.  Talk about bulging barrels.

Tj

To tell you the truth Tj the only reason I cought it was because for some reason I had a couple of failures to feed in a couple previous mags, the rounds werent stripping out of the mag when the slide closed.

So every now and than I'd have the hammer drop on an empty chamber. So I was already in that cautious frame of mind, but I wasn't shooting for fun(though any shooting is fun when no ones shooting back) I was working on my skills since they are lacking with a hand gun. The FTFeed were ok with me actually because it gave me achance to work on clearing the gun and getting it back into action as fast as possible. Had that empty shell not popped out I probably would have just racked the slide to clear/load a round and went right on. But the case popping out was the indicator to me, since all the rest of the FTfire were the results of a FTfeed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Squib Load is bad JuJu... I've been lucky so far, but bound to happen eventually.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Squib Load is bad JuJu... I've been lucky so far, but bound to happen eventually.

www.thegunzone.com/images/pc4-kb1.jpg

WOW!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
A guy was letting me shoot his Mac11 one day, and it went POW-POW-POW-POW-pop. I was already lowering it when the guy starts yelling "Don't fire, Don't FIRE".  He said "Those are reloads. Sometimes I forget the powder". He got a stick and pushed the bullet out, and tried to hand it back to me. I said "No thanks, I'm done".
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I have never had that problem with my P22 about 1 of every 50 rounds fails to fire at all though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

www.thegunzone.com/images/pc4-kb1.jpg

That looks like a camp carbine? or M1 carbine?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top