Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2004 11:54:40 PM EDT
how often does this happen to you with online auctions?

i go out of my way to do things right. make sure money gets to them ASAP with good communication.

yet they dont leave feeback.

the other day marked two weeks w\out feedback.
i emailed the guy the other day and have yet to get a response.

am i asking too much for the guy to type in somehting short and sweet?

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I try to leave stuff, sometimes I forget.  On ebay I always wait abit just to make sure it fits/works.

My coworker here ordered some Rims and spinners on ebay after he got tires put on them and went to get them mounted, all the lugs were wrong.  Spinner lugs are a special expensive kind, he got the right size, and now the spinners dont attach to the rims.

Of course this is after the auction and he left good feedback when he got them in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
i also wait until i have looked over the item bought.

in my last case, i bought a lower receiver. i emailed the guy, thanking him for a good,speedy auction and anounced i was leaving him feedback.

he never responded.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually leave one like this:

"Great guy to deal with, and a fantastic sexual partner. 9" of pure gay manhood!"

Then, I let them figure out if it's a good feedback or not.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I usually leave one like this:

"Great guy to deal with, and a fantastic sexual partner. 9" of pure gay manhood!"

Then, I let them figure out if it's a good feedback or not.

Im going to have to  leave that for something.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#5]
that is pretty classy!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Count your blessings, we just had someone threaten to leave negative feedback because they didn't read the description carefuly and got something they didn't expect.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:35:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I sell on ebay. I hold feedback hostage, so I keep the power. Only when the buyer leaves a feedback then I return one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My coworker here ordered some Rims and spinners on ebay after he got tires put on them and went to get them mounted, all the lugs were wrong.  Spinner lugs are a special expensive kind, he got the right size, and now the spinners dont attach to the rims.

Of course this is after the auction and he left good feedback when he got them in.

Serves him right for wasting his money on crap to begin with(IMHO of course!!).
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I couldn't agree more on the rims, I'd never buy that stuff...but after reading some of your posts on other threads, you sir, are a dickhead (IMHO of course)
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:59:46 AM EDT
[#10]
As a seller, I leave feedback when I ship. As a buyer, I leave feedback after I have had a chance to examine the goods. If a buyer does not want to leave feedback, that's up to them and I'm fine with it. As a responder to a previous thread on the topic pointed out "I don't send a thank you note to the Wal Mart after I shop." What pisses me off is when sellers don't leave feedback. For me it has typically occurred with the high number guys. I guess once their feedback is over a thousand or two they feel it is a bother. To me, it is part of doing business on the site. Those guys will never get return business from me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I sell on ebay. I hold feedback hostage, so I keep the power. Only when the buyer leaves a feedback then I return one.

I do the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:45:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I sell alot on the EE, I try to make a strong effort to post a +1 AFTER the buyer sends payment.  As far as I'm concerned he's done his part.  Then I ship and hope I get feedback in return.  I usually do.  Sometimes, it's worthwhile to ask for feedback while exchanging emails before the transaction.

The EE as a whole is an honorable place.  I'll admit though that there have been a couple times when I simply forgot to add a +1...but remembered later and acted right away.  I think I've got something like 31 or so positive feedbacks on the EE, but I know I've done at least 60 something transactions with no feedback.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Not to hijack but
Hydguy I see VMA-231 "Ace of spades" on you pic, any conection?

If so I was an airframer at VMA-542

...yeah I hate it when people don't leave feedback

sorry for the hijack

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That is Bull shit . The second you have the money and it is good funds you leave feedback . That is the way to do it .They did there part and gave you the money .

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is Bull shit . The second you have the money and it is good funds you leave feedback . That is the way to do it .They did there part and gave you the money .

I have a return policy, if they dont like it- they can return it. Its fair and keeps the parties social and prevents unstable people like you from lashing out with a negative feedback.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a return policy, if they dont like it- they can return it. Its fair and keeps the parties social and prevents unstable people like you from lashing out with a negative feedback.

I'm unstable because when I sell on Ebay I leave feedback as soon as they give me money?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do the same thing.

This is udder bullshit, once you have the money in a timely manner the buyer should recieve positive feedback, period. Are you afraid your products are shit so you are afraid of negative feedback???  Probably.  

I bought a cd to teach my bird to talk and the asshole pulled this shit on me, so you know what, I am not leaving feedback one way or the other. He would have gotten a positive but oh well, his loss.

You guys that pull this shit are a cancer in the Ebay community, what are your id's so I make sure to never do business with you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I couldn't agree more on the rims, I'd never buy that stuff...but after reading some of your posts on other threads, you sir, are a dickhead (IMHO of course)

Thanks Hokie!!! It's a gift.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Not to hijack but
Hydguy I see VMA-231 "Ace of spades" on you pic, any conection?

If so I was an airframer at VMA-542

...yeah I hate it when people don't leave feedback

sorry for the hijack

Yup. I was a 'framer myself. Dorp me an IM and We can chat about it sometime....
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#21]
My products are always good, I always have at least 5 pictures of the item and with an accurate description. This way the seller KNOWS what he is buying, yet I still give a 100% REFUND IF THE BUYER DOES NOT LIKE IT. I still will withold the feedback because even with my generousity there are still spitefull idiots that ENJOY leaving a bad feedback, by holding the feedback hostage they are forced to play by the rules in a civilized mannor. Once the buyer is satisfied with the trasaction they leave feedback and I return one.

And to say this is Cancer is a foolish, the only fool is one who does not protect their business from vandals.

Im done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top