Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 10:42:57 PM EDT
I have been watching them both speak to the troops for the last hour or so, and I must say, as much as I distrust politicians, I am impressed by Rumsfields demeanor and attitude toward our troops. Not only can you see and hear the honesty and sincerity in his voice, but you can tell he is excited, and proud, to be talking to the troops. This is the kind of leadership that the DU trolls and liberals can bash, but without reason. These are the kind of leaders that will make our country turn around, and will sway the minds of those who are quick to criticize our government.

As far as I can tell, I am impressed by both these gentleman....as a 21 year old myself, they seem wholeheartedly proud of what we are doing over in Iraq, and definitely have the sense of humor enough to take some questions from troops that they arent even reponsible to answer.

At one point a girl trooper in the audience asked a question pertaining to a couple hot subjects (how much longer they were going to be deployed, and how the prison scandals were going to effect how much longer they would be in iraq) Rumsfield commented on how she should change professions, and become a journalist...how most people who ask the first question and make them on hot topics, usually have an agenda. I laughed.

Good men, and even better leadership.

Kinda cool to watch the SOCOM/contract guys in plainclothes and baseball caps, with Vltor stocks and all talking on the mikes inside their vests, lol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
dravisar: Rumsfield was at his office in the Pentagon, when the passenger driven by moslem extremis hit the Pentagon. It probably really rattled his teeth. So he can speak from 1st hand experience.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like Rumsfeld, he's a very hawkish personality and i think he makes a terrific Secretary of Defense. I think he would make a great President but I doubt he could ever be elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top