Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 10:08:43 PM EDT
FUCK THEM ALL TO HELL!!

DJs Who Laughed At Beheading Are Fired

PORTLAND - The radio station KNRK at 94.7 FM is issuing an apology to its listeners after talk show hosts Marconi, Tiny and sidekick Nickie J. laughed at and ridiculed the beheading of American Nick Berg.
The three were fired Thursday afternoon, after airing the audio recording of Berg's murder repeatedly on Wednesday and laughing at the incident.

"Disgusting… I'm speechless," said one woman.

KNRK and Entercom, the company that owns the station, apparently agreed, playing an apology over the airwaves for their listeners:

The actions of the KNRK News Morning Show were insensitive, inappropriate and repulsive. On behalf of Entercom Portland and KNRK, I apologize to our listeners.

Read Marconi's apology

However, listeners like Blaine Dohman say they are still angry.

"I'm dismayed and just flabbergasted," said KNRK listener Blaine Dohman. "Number 1, to be put on the air, and two, not be put in check by the powers that be."

KXL radio talk show host Lars Larson also played the audio over the airwaves, but with a strong warning to his listeners.

He says the Marconi show's ridiculing of the incident is inexcusable, but thinks Americans should hear and see what happened to Berg, saying images have been shown by the media before and the incident with Berg is no different.

"I don't think that the America news media can decide for you what you can and cannot see. On the other hand, I don't think this should be on the air and then laughed at and made fun of," Larson told KATU News.

Company officials say they were never told the shock jocks were going to laugh at the killing of Nick Berg on the show.

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=67314

<<We don't have the f-word in thread titles.>>
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The company took action...they fired them!

Good for the company!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I can't understand why anyone would want to laugh during such a greusome ordeal. The radio station did the right thing by firing the SOB.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
He pretty much got what he didn't ask for...........

Serves the asswipe right.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Marconi was interesting if you were an immature 13 year old who thought fart and poop jokes were the pinnacle of radio humor. A complete lack of respect was standard for him and his ilk. Good riddance.

But he's been pulled off the air before. I'd expect to see him back again.

High ratings + no real morals at radio station management = shock jock back to work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
the company did good.

even as DJ's you represent a company and an image.

if you make the company look as though they are ruthless, insensitive, bastards you deserve to be let go.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
he was on 107.7 The End for about a month sometime around last fall. i listened for a couple mornings, and it was a bout the most boring morning radio show i'd ever heard.

i sure do miss Bob and Tom
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
he was on 107.7 The End for about a month sometime around last fall. i listened for a couple mornings, and it was a bout the most boring morning radio show i'd ever heard.

damn right!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Now we know what Jabba The Hut looks like in a goatee.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I seemed to read that as macaroni. He must eat alot of it. Fucking douche bag.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Typical of "The JACKASS Generation".
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:17:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad they fired them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm laughing while they look for jobs. I hope no one ever hires them again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Glad they fired them.

I'll second that, I'm glad the company actually had the balls to take action.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I hate morning shows.
Why can't those assholes just play music?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm laughing while they look for jobs. I hope no one ever hires them again.

He'll just relo somewhere where his fat-ass face isn't known, change his gay-ass DJ alias to something even dumber, point to his ratings at his previous gig and be on the air within weeks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I hated those guys.  All they ever did is talk about strippers and eating.

I'm glad they're gone, maybe I will listen to that radio station again.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#18]
They sound like those asshats Opie & Anthony, who laugh at shit like that because of the shock factor  which in turn generates word of mouth and a bigger audience... morons like that always tightrope walk on the line they know they're not supposed to cross. Eventually their dumb asses lose their balance and fall... and everyone gets pissed when they land on a net instead of cracking their heads open when they hit the ground. Sounds like another successful graduate of the Howard Stern School of Brain Dead Radio Personalities.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder how much that fat bastard would be laughing if it was him that was slowly getting his head sawn off? Somehow I doubt he'd be nearly as brave as Nick Berg was before his murder.

The guy likes to make fart and poop jokes? Something tells me they'd need a front end loader to clean the shit out of that guys pants if he was facing the same situation as Nick Berg.  Fucking scum bag!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:50:24 AM EDT
[#20]
They'd need a chainsaw to get his fat head off... and they had better be wearing rubber aprons and goggle, because as soon as they start getting through the main cables the gravy would be spraying everywhere. What a fucking plug.

*you said poop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Arguably the two UN-funniest, phony, fake guys ever on the radio.  They were only slightly funny starting out in Indy, but they have so little talent that the kept recycling minor variations on the on the same old bits.

Now they have all of those hick sidekicks to spread around the lack of talent & people actually think that they are funny.  Those guys must be rolling in dough, but their schtick really only works in small markets.  It's a sad perversion of radio syndication.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Arguably the two UN-funniest, phony, fake guys ever on the radio.  They were only slightly funny starting out in Indy, but they have so little talent that the kept recycling minor variations on the on the same old bits.

Now they have all of those hick sidekicks to spread around the lack of talent & people actually think that they are funny.  Those guys must be rolling in dough, but their schtick really only works in small markets.  It's a sad perversion of radio syndication.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top