Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
mmmmmm bonbed metal bullets
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Missed it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:11:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Marines loading spent primers into cases....also seating/crimping bullets into empty cases w/o primers? Had to be doing it just for the show.

Pretty cool show otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw it, was that the shrike they showed?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yup that was the elusive shrike. Many have tried to capture one, but no one has been able to that we know of so far..
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup that was the elusive shrike. Many have tried to capture one, but no one has been able to that we know of so far..

I believe that they are covered under the endangerd species act.

isnt there only 2 or 3 in the wild as we know it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe that they are covered under the endangerd species act.

isnt there only 2 or 3 in the wild as we know it?

Yes I think yer right. There has been a rumor that one or more of them may have enven evolved from the original that was discovered, though the reason for the evolution of this particular critter is still under debate.

There also seems to be some problems with managing the herd of known shrikes, it seems they can't get them to reproduce enough to allow them to be domesticated.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I just want to know what a "Palma Match" is and it needs a special rifle beyond a norrmal DCM rifle or the bull barrel bolt guns they were building. ???

Ant why is the USMC Team shooting .300 Win. Mags when they use .308's in the field ??

The spent primers and empty rounds were weird. Probably a liabilty thing in case a live  round attacked the camera  crew.

Also strange to see U.S. Marines calling rifles "guns". I thought that was a  U.S.M.C.  no-no ?

CKMorley
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just want to know what a "Palma Match" is and it needs a special rifle beyond a norrmal DCM rifle or the bull barrel bolt guns they were building. ???

Ant why is the USMC Team shooting .300 Win. Mags when they use .308's in the field ??

The spent primers and empty rounds were weird. Probably a liabilty thing in case a live  round attacked the camera  crew.

Also strange to see U.S. Marines calling rifles "guns". I thought that was a  U.S.M.C.  no-no ?

CKMorley

Sniper rifles are in both 300WM and .308. Beyond that ya got me. The palma bullets don't need a special rifle, least that i ever heard.

I was wondering mor ewhy they were loading a 142gr bullet instead of a 155palma or a 168gr smk or 175gr smk. I'm not a hand loader or a highpower shooter so I have no knowledge base on that. I just shoot factory match ammo(blackhills) in my 308.

As far as the spent primers and the rest, it was probably liability issues or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#10]
OOOOHHH, OOOHHHH

I know the answer to all these questions.....

it's called OPSEC?

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OOOOHHH, OOOHHHH

I know the answer to all these questions.....

it's called OPSEC?

Ohhhh I'll have to ask the judges for a decision on that one.... Judges..........................................
Oh I'm sorry thats the wrong answer, but thanks for playing.

Really though I doubt that, they were loading match rounds. But I can't figure why the heck you'd load a 142gr bullet in a 300WM. I mean I'd want a heavier bullet for long range. I did think it was cool though when they showed the Marines shooting and they all had M14s execpt that one guy with the bolt gun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

CKMorley

Google is your friend

www.palma.org/USA/rules.htm
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Google it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top