Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2004 5:02:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Greenpeace says the decision by the U.S. Attorney's Office to prosecute the organization rather than just the activists who boarded the APL Jade freighter is a sea change in policy, and a conviction would throttle free speech everywhere.

BULLSHIT

Not once since the Boston Tea Party have U.S. authorities criminally prosecuted a group for political expression.

BULLSHIT

"It will be very chilling because advocacy groups whose members chose to engage in acts of protest which happen to violate the law will be loathe to act at all."

One would hope so.

I have had an ass full of the duplicitous standards of the left. It truly pisses me off.

First off, the essence of civil disobedience is violation of the law and acceptance of the penalty for doing so. Persons engaged in civil disobedience do not protest the fact of their prosecution. They exploit the fact of prosecution in order to gather attention to and support for their cause.

Second, Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph were engaged in "acts of protest which happen to violate the law." Are these Greenpieces of SHIT suggesting that McVeigh and Rudolph should have been given a pass because they were politically motivated?

Leftists disgust me. In addition to all their other shortcomings, they are fatally infected with an inability to reason and a pathetically devalued notion of consistency.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top