Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 603
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
NFL network trying to hype up the London game between the 1-3 Jets and the 1-3 Falcons with a kickoff of 8:30 AM and coverage starting at 6:00 AM.

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NFL network trying to hype up the London game between the 1-3 Jets and the 1-3 Falcons with a kickoff of 8:30 AM and coverage starting at 6:00 AM.

https://c.tenor.com/CzHrU2op4VEAAAAC/adam-sandler-seeyou.gif
View Quote

Yeah, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Weak sauce.  Davis Mills had 4 just on Sunday.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cowboys on pace to have Comeback Player of the Year, Defensive Rookie of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year.

Diggs has 5 INTs in 4 games.

Weak sauce.  Davis Mills had 4 just on Sunday.  

Yeah, the Texans’ first pick of the 2021 draft didn’t exactly have a great game yesterday.

11 for 21 *

87 yards *

0 TDs

4 INTs

0.8 QBR (no, that’s not a typo)

23.4 Passer Rating.

* This includes garbage time of a 40-0 blowout.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Starts at 730 for me. Going to be a long day.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
According to a presentation prepared for investors, The Athletic went through nearly $100M in cash between 2019 and 2020 while bringing in $73M in revenue. Will need to nearly double their revenue over the next two years in order to be cash flow neutral.

They want to sell off for $750M (ten times their projected 2021 revenue of $77M). Politico had a $200M annual revenue and just sold for $1B (5x).
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'll pass.
View Quote

I always forget those games and by the time I turn it on its half time or over...
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

830 eastern? so 530 for me??
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
According to a presentation prepared for investors, The Athletic went through nearly $100M in cash between 2019 and 2020 while bringing in $73M in revenue. Will need to nearly double their revenue over the next two years in order to be cash flow neutral.

They want to sell off for $750M (ten times their projected 2021 revenue of $77M). Politico had a $200M annual revenue and just sold for $1B (5x).
View Quote

i find it really hard to subscribe to this services and services like espn+ when so much of the same info and analysis is on tv/radio/twitter/other websites for free.

fucking hell, you and bass post so much stats and advanced analytics. i don't see the need to shell out cash for the athletic.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i find it really hard to subscribe to this services and services like espn+ when so much of the same info and analysis is on tv/radio/twitter/other websites for free.

fucking hell, you and bass post so much stats and advanced analytics. i don't see the need to shell out cash for the athletic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only have ESPN+ because I wanted a Hulu sub and doing the bundle for Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ made a lot of sense. Especially with as much UFC as I watch.

The Athletic might not be in this category, but what a lot of companies don't realize is people will pay for things they can get free elsewhere, but you have to make it easy and convenient.

I can watch any UFC fight I want online via illegal stream, but it's way easier to grab my remote, hit the Hulu button, and click on the UFC stream. Totally worth the couple of bucks I pay.

Same with Spotify. I could have thousands of pirated albums on my Plex server being streamed to my phone or anywhere else I can use Spotify, but it's so much easier to just pay the $15 a month or whatever for my whole family to have Spotify premium.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I only have ESPN+ because I wanted a Hulu sub and doing the bundle for Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ made a lot of sense. Especially with as much UFC as I watch.

The Athletic might not be in this category, but what a lot of companies don't realize is people will pay for things they can get free elsewhere, but you have to make it easy and convenient.

I can watch any UFC fight I want online via illegal stream, but it's way easier to grab my remote, hit the Hulu button, and click on the UFC stream. Totally worth the couple of bucks I pay.

Same with Spotify. I could have thousands of pirated albums on my Plex server being streamed to my phone or anywhere else I can use Spotify, but it's so much easier to just pay the $15 a month or whatever for my whole family to have Spotify premium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i do subscribe to plenty. netflix/amazon/apple music.. but i can't bring myself to pay for 'sports articles' like that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Watching some of the highlight videos on youtube for yesterday's games I noticed more than a couple of times a defensive player would get such a great get-off that it would appear as if maybe they jumped early, but if you rewind it in slow-mo you see that they didn't fire off until AFTER the ball started to move.  It was just a fantastic athletic play.

Not a single one was incorrectly flagged by the refs except for the most impactful one of the day that caused a 10 point swing in the Steelers/Packers game.  The Packers would go on to win by exactly 10 points.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Curious to see if tonight’s game is a Raiders home game.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Athletic has/had a lot of really good content.

I subscribed because a guy that did really good film reviews for Arrowhead Pride got picked up by The Athletic, and I wanted to keep reading his stuff. Everything else on the site was just a bonus.

That guy moved on to his own Substack page, but I haven't killed my subscription to The Athletic yet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing it is
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, it would sure be embarrassing if that happens.

I mean this isn't like the Cowboys having so many fans for a road game in the season opener at the reigning Super Bowl champs that you can hear "let's go Cowboys" chants on tv or anything like that.  This is a visiting team that is one full season into playing in it's new state.  Plus the Chargers have an above average-good team with an exciting young QB.  If your fanbase allows a prime time divisional matchup to turn into a home game for a visiting team like that....
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I mean this isn't like the Cowboys having so many fans for a road game in the season opener at the reigning Super Bowl champs that you can hear "let's go Cowboys" chants on tv or anything like that.  This is a visiting team that is one full season into playing in it's new state.  Plus the Chargers have an above average-good team with an exciting young QB.  If your fanbase allows a prime time divisional matchup to turn into a home game for a visiting team like that....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Chargers haven't been able to fill a stadium with their own fans since before they left San Diego.

Los Angeles is still Raiders turf in many ways. I'm pretty sure the Raiders were the most popular team there all those years when LA didn't have a team.

I might even go further to guess that a good number of the Raiders fans that have gone to LV actually commuted there from the LA area.

The Raiders are probably the hardest team for Chargers fans to compete with at "home."
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]
This is a very confusing delay.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a similar note, I was a little surprised I could hear the “Muuuuuth” from the Steelers fans yesterday at Lambeau after Freiermuth’s catch.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I know we're in a $5B stadium with a roof, but we're in a weather delay, Mr. Gruden.

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is a very confusing delay.
View Quote

If the sides of the stadium are open, wouldn’t the field be one of the safest places since it’s furthest from the sides?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Chargers haven't been able to fill a stadium with their own fans since before they left San Diego.

Los Angeles is still Raiders turf in many ways. I'm pretty sure the Raiders were the most popular team there all those years when LA didn't have a team.

I might even go further to guess that a good number of the Raiders fans that have gone to LV actually commuted there from the LA area.

The Raiders are probably the hardest team for Chargers fans to compete with at "home."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew they had that problem in recent seasons (IIRC, they had lower level seats selling for like $12 at one point), but I thought maybe having a good team with an exciting young QB might improve that.  Also the only Chargers' home game I've seen this season (or can remember seeing last season) was the one against the Cowboys and that definitely wasn't a fair litmus test.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California (1973) HD 0815007
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know we're in a $5B stadium with a roof, but we're in a weather delay, Mr. Gruden.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FA5QndDWQAcZsaG?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

On a similar note, I was a little surprised I could hear the “Muuuuuth” from the Steelers fans yesterday at Lambeau after Freiermuth’s catch.
View Quote

You're a Steelers fan?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're a Steelers fan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a Steelers fan?

That’s a bingo
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Chargers getting booed walking in. Lots of silver and black in the stands....

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#29]
This is the Chargers FIFTH season in LA. The city still has not accepted them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is the Chargers FIFTH season in LA. The city still has not accepted them.
View Quote

We'll take them here in Wichita.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]
An offense running a silent count early in a "home" game.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ve seen plenty of games where it seemed like there were more fans of the visiting team than the home team.

I can’t recall though hearing the home team (especially an above average- good one) very loudly booed as they came out right before the game started.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Time for the most potentially entertaining matchup of the game:

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that just this season or does it go further back?

The only Chargers game I watched in its entirety this season was the Cowboys game and Bosa didn’t do shit from what I recall even when facing a backup.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The only Chargers game I watched in its entirety this season was the Cowboys game and Bosa didn’t do shit from what I recall even when facing a backup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just this season.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#37]
So annoying when there is a live ball rolling around on the ground and players a few yards away are too busy celebrating to bother attempting to actually recover it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just this season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just this season.

He must have been playing at an MVP level the other two games then to make up for the one against the Cowboys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Renfrow!
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#40]
That was a weird looking sack.  Carr has pressure and then basically just turns around and then immediately flops down.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Facemask?

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That was a weird looking sack.  Carr has pressure and then basically just turns around and then immediately flops down.
View Quote

After his leg got broken he did that for a while, this is the first season he hasn't been doing it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I knew they had that problem in recent seasons (IIRC, they had lower level seats selling for like $12 at one point), but I thought maybe having a good team with an exciting young QB might improve that.  Also the only Chargers' home game I've seen this season (or can remember seeing last season) was the one against the Cowboys and that definitely wasn't a fair litmus test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the rams really have the bulk of the LA market for a football team in LA. you don't see much chargers gear around. i know more fans of and see more raiders, cowboys and niners gear on a daily basis.

LA really looks down on SD sports. even with all their hype this year, dodgers fans were laughing at padres fans all year, and they've hardly ever given a shit about the chargers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Chargers taking Raiders to the woodshed. Gruden is angry and it's funny.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#46]
The Chargers have chosen to Chargers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Damn nice catch by Waller.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The Chargers have chosen to Chargers.
View Quote

They need to crank the AC in that stadium
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I was very wrong about Brandon Staley.

His background doesn't make much sense to me, but this guy is crushing it as a rookie head coach.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just this season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just this season.

I must be a jinx for him or something because it seems like every time I watch him play I very rarely hear his name called.

Except for of course when he is getting personal fouls for yelling at the refs during critical drives.
Page / 603
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top