Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 603
Posted: 3/17/2021 4:04:49 PM EDT
New league year is officially open.

Old thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Official-2020-NFL-Discussion-Thread/5-2306840/?

March 17th: At 4:00 PM ET, free agency officially begins, and teams may begin signing players or trading players who are still under contract. Additionally, all teams must be under the salary cap at this time.

April 19th: Teams with returning coaches can begin their offseason programs.

April 23rd: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

April 29th - May 1st: NFL Draft, Cleveland, OH
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
In!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Jumps from $1.7M in cash in 2020, to $6M on the 5th year rookie tender.
Bounces him all the way up to 15th by avg salary among tight ends. Was 41st last year.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Lets go Dolphins!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Did I make it before the people who decided to click on a thread in order to announce to strangers on the internet than they have no interest in the thread's topic?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
IN.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#8]
In the Rodney Hudson deal. The Raiders are still taking a dead cap in the double digits (I believe around $12.1). This saves them just $1.5M on the cap, but saves them $10M in cash paid out this year.

So Raiders get the Cardinals 3rd, save some cash, but take a large cap hit.

Cardinals get Hudson (a top level center at a good price with 2 years remaining on his contract) and the Raiders 7th.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Kind of surprising. Expected the Colts to be done with him. Coming back off a torn Achilles in week 1.

Edit: Well this explains it. CHEAPPP.

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#10]
In on one. Go Pack. Go Colts. Go Browns.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Another 5th year option which went into effect. That's a lot for Williams...
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me just go with the typical pre-season optimism that seems to affect all Cowboys fans:

We're definitely going to the Superbowl  this year.

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another 5th year option which went into effect. That's a lot for Williams...
View Quote

I thought he would have made more of an impact when he came into the league. His injury history hasn't helped though.

Still a lot for him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Uh oh... We went from one Instagram home masseuse to 4 women in a single day... Deshaun Watson has been a bad boy.

From the Insta-Masseuse's lawyer's own Instagram:
My associate, Cornelia, and I will file the second of what is now four cases on behalf of women against Deshaun Watson today. The cases allege assault. We won't share the alleged details here, and we won't try the case in the press, but the cases are publicly filed for all to see. I appreciate the calls of support that we have received from those who support these brave women. It takes a lot of guts to stand up to the powerful, when you are perceived powerless. Since filing the first case yesterday, I have had several death threats and multiple people have harassed my children. The blame the victim (or her lawyers) mentality is alive and well!! I love football as much as the next person (although I've never been a Texans fan.) But I don't love it that much!! Makes me shake my head that people are so passionate about football to the point of irrationality, while at the same time they could care less who the mayor or president will be.
View Quote
The Texan's may actually wish they traded him by the time this is all done. Who knows.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#15]
No thank you.  Which makes me very sad.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lets go Dolphins!
View Quote

Squish the Fish
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#17]
NO!

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Let me just go with the typical pre-season optimism that seems to affect all Cowboys fans:

View Quote

What's this? An NFL thread in which the Cowboys were first brought up by an actual Cowboys fan? That might be a first.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Uh oh... We went from one Instagram home masseuse to 4 women in a single day... Deshaun Watson has been a bad boy.

The Texan's may actually wish they traded him by the time this is all done. Who knows.
View Quote

What would really be wild is if Watson's agent are working on some 4D chess strategy that they'll maneuver this into him being traded/released based on bad PR or a violation of the team/league's conduct policy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's this? An NFL thread in which the Cowboys were first brought up by an actual Cowboys fan? That might be a first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a new year. Dak has been signed. Reset button has been pushed.

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What would really be wild is if Watson's agent are working on some 4D chess strategy that they'll maneuver this into him being traded/released based on bad PR or a violation of the team/league's conduct policy.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm still going to hold judgment on his libido shenanigans. NOW they speak up in this age of wokeness...
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]

$1.1M vs the $5.5M it was going to be when they released him.

Of course $1.1M (I believe that's league minimum) might be too much for a 38 (when the season starts) year old, beat to hell, lunatic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xUOxfpsn9dLWFOHtAI/giphy.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dak is a big mistake.  Not sure why the Cowboys tend to sign QBs who cant close in the post-season.  But hey, it could be worse, they could've signed Cam Newton.  Lol.  Patriots are going to be a joke this year, and I'm fine with that.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Give the guy a starting gig. Someone. Anyone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Of course $1.1M (I believe that's league minimum) might be too much for a 38 (when the season starts) year old, beat to hell, lunatic.
View Quote

I'm surprised that piece of shit still wants to play at that age?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, and Incognito is a POS through and through beginning from college and into the NFL.  Guy is trash.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My associate, Cornelia, and I will file the second of what is now four cases on behalf of women against Deshaun Watson today. The cases allege assault. We won't share the alleged details here, and we won't try the case in the press, but the cases are publicly filed for all to see. I appreciate the calls of support that we have received from those who support these brave women. It takes a lot of guts to stand up to the powerful, when you are perceived powerless. Since filing the first case yesterday, I have had several death threats and multiple people have harassed my children. The blame the victim (or her lawyers) mentality is alive and well!! I love football as much as the next person (although I've never been a Texans fan.) But I don't love it that much!! Makes me shake my head that people are so passionate about football to the point of irrationality, while at the same time they could care less who the mayor or president will be.

Like I said in the previous thread, Watson's claim that he has "never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect" was an idiotic statement, IMO.

It's kinda like a famous white person being accused of saying the N word and they counter with "not only have I never said that word, but I have never had a racist or prejudice thought in my entire life."

Just say the claims are lies and leave it at that.  When you go the extra mile to claim you have NEVER done something pretty much every adult has people will think you're lying and trying to overcompensate.  And if you're lying about that then what else could you be lying about?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably needs the health care bennies. Therapy is expensive. Dude needs to be at the top of the list for a CTE study.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Bunch of signings from the last hour:

Panthers resigning their long snapper:

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#30]
In for Lions biting kneecaps.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#31]
VIA ProFootballTalk: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/larry-fitzgerald-is-officially-a-free-agent-for-the-first-time/

Larry Fitzgerald becomes a free agent for the first time in his career, with A.J. Green joining the Cardinals, Fitzgerald likely won't be back in Arizona, if he plays in 2021.

Retiring or ending his career outside of Arizona? I hope he signs with a divisional rival just for fun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#32]
This Chargers tweet on signing Corey Linsley is fucking great. Have to go to the link for the video: https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1372287950474473478
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In for Lions biting kneecaps.
View Quote

I'm excited for the Lions this year - I think Goff is a great acquisition.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
VIA ProFootballTalk: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/larry-fitzgerald-is-officially-a-free-agent-for-the-first-time/

Larry Fitzgerald becomes a free agent for the first time in his career, with A.J. Green joining the Cardinals, Fitzgerald likely won't be back in Arizona, if he plays in 2021.

Retiring or ending his career outside of Arizona? I hope he signs with a divisional rival just for fun.
View Quote

I'd hate to see such a great receiver go out with a whimper like that. I wish he'd give it one more year as kind of a goodbye to the fans. But receivers seem to be a plenty this time of year.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lets go Dolphins!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#36]
@TacticalGarand44

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@TacticalGarand44

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwtZDxaWQAI1Rwb?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

As a colts fan I’m hopeful the coach connection can make a change. Well see. That entire team and oline was built around luck and he bailed right when they had all the pieces in place.

They made playoffs with Phillip Rivers for fuck sake.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As a colts fan I'm hopeful the coach connection can make a change. Well see. That entire team and oline was built around luck and he bailed right when they had all the pieces in place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@TacticalGarand44

As a colts fan I'm hopeful the coach connection can make a change. Well see. That entire team and oline was built around luck and he bailed right when they had all the pieces in place.

Timely, just a couple minutes ago:

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

8-8
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Probably needs the health care bennies. Therapy is expensive. Dude needs to be at the top of the list for a CTE study.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet the football season is all that keeps him going these days.  When he's finally done and no one will sign him I bet he doesn't last 5 years away from football.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Give the guy a starting gig. Someone. Anyone.
View Quote

I'm a huge fan of Minshew. The guy is a baller but was handed a shit team. I hope he lands with the Pats.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@TacticalGarand44

Thanks for that. Makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Fly Eagles fly
On the road to victory

Fly Eagles fly
Score a touchdown 1 2 3

Hit 'em low
Hit 'em high
And watch those Eagles fly

Fly Eagles fly
On the road to victory

E * A * G * L * E * S

EAGLES!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wish Fitzgerald could have been a Steeler.

I think he is going to retire.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

He flipped out shortly after the Bills renegotiated his contract a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Woof. Paris Ford. Safety from Pitt. A top 10 safety prospect on many draft rankings. Here are his numbers from the Pitt Pro Day:

4.90s 40-yard dash (1st percentile)
29" vertical (1st)
9'2" broad (2nd)
4.53s shuttle (2nd)
7.65s 3C (1st)

Reminder, PERCENTILES are better HIGH. As in if you are a 4.0 student you are in the 90th percentile. This dude put up Tom Brady style combine numbers. He would have been a lot better off sitting his ass at home and going into the draft without anyone seeing him.

Edit: Source: https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1372298249260965899

My ass should be able to beat some of these numbers. I hope they are being reported wrong for his sake. Because if true, he isn't getting drafted.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for starting this, David, been at work.

In on one!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 603
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top