BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 3:50:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't Texas just beautiful? The homeowner chased these guys into a field and shot them as they emerged from the field. In too many states the homeowner would be arrested and portrayed by the media as the bad guy. I'm not from Texas, never been there, but ROCK ON Texas. That's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Homeowner chases the suspects down after they fled the scene, kills one perp and puts another one in critical condition,  Homeowner not charged by police.  Don't mess with Texas.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
kudos to texas.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO its murder at that point. There is no need to chase them down and kill them. Once they fled it should have been over and out of their hands. THIS is what cops are paid for, make them earn their money.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IMO its murder at that point..

maybe they will think about that next time they try to break into someone's house
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IMO its murder at that point. There is no need to chase them down and kill them. Once they fled it should have been over and out of their hands. THIS is what cops are paid for, make them earn their money.

If the perps had gotten away, there is almost a 100% chance that they would not have been caught and may have tried to come back another time.  Say what you want, if I was in that situation and it was legal to do, I would do the same thing.  Just because the cops are paid to do it, doesn't mean they'll catch them all.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To me it is a guarantee they will not be repeat offenders.  I seriously doubt this was the first house they tried to break into, but it is definately the last B&E attempt for one of them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Dont mess with Texas!

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The only thing the homeowner did wrong; in my opinion, is he didn't take the scalps.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Hail Texas.

(you'd better write that down cause you probably won't hear me say it again )
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the perps had gotten away, there is almost a 100% chance that they would not have been caught and may have tried to come back another time.  

Correct. But next time they would have chose a less capable victim. This is why we have a moral obligation to resist criminals. Sure, if you cooperate you might not be hurt. But then the criminal rapes or kills his next victim. However, if you resist with force, yes you may be hurt or killed. But you also may force the criminal to reevaluate his career choise, thus saving future victims.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Something tells me this wasn't a random home invasion/robbery.

It never is. Random crime is as rare as Big Foot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#15]
ditto, although I'd ahve never said it this well

Quoted:
Correct. But next time they would have chose a less capable victim. This is why we have a moral obligation to resist criminals. Sure, if you cooperate you might not be hurt. But then the criminal rapes or kills his next victim. However, if you resist with force, yes you may be hurt or killed. But you also may force the criminal to reevaluate his career choise, thus saving future victims.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The only thing the homeowner did wrong; in my opinion, is he didn't take the scalps.

Well IMO what they did wrong is let them get away from the house (probably couldn't be helped). It would have been MUCH better if all of them would have been killed while in the act. I have no problem with that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh hell yeah!!! Damn... and fricken libs want us to do the SNiVeL if people break into our house.  By the way we all talk about surviving a big ol' shootout but most of the time the bad guys run and do not stand their ground when confronted with high speed lead.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#20]
actual assault rifles (or even the stupid 2 evil feature definition), or media exageration?

Investigators said five to six men, two of them armed with assault rifles, tried to break into a home
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#21]
To bad he didn't get them all and save the tax payers some  money for future creimes committed by them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]
While attemopting a citizen arrest, he was forced to utilize lethal force.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Homeowner chases the suspects down after they fled the scene, kills one perp and puts another one in critical condition,  Homeowner not charged by police.  Don't mess with Texas.

Fuckin-A. I wouldn't live anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Oh Horseshit. One of them will never be paroled from the Cemetery, and the other onee will think long and hard about pulling this shit again.

Kudos to Tejas.

SG
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds pretty suspect to me. Regular break-ins and burgulars don't come in such large numbers and armed for combat... I think there is more to this story. It almost sounds like they were expecting them. And odds are if they were going in there with "assault rifles" then probably had murderous intent. They got what they deserved...
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top