Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2004 2:32:20 AM EDT
I've been noticing more and more lately that the minutes of commercials per hour or half hour of TV or talk radio is steadily increasing.  I watch Seinfeld reruns and notice that parts of each episode I watch are being cut out to allow more time for commercials.  And Seinfeld only stopped production 7 years ago!  WHEN WILL THIS STOP?!?  In 15 years, will we only watch/listen to 5 minutes of programming per half hour?  15 years from then, will it be only 5 minutes per hour?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I expect it will keep increasing.  Its the same way when they chop up movies.

Shows cost more to make and stations wanting to make more money.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I certainly hope not.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Im sure it will rise until there is somewhat of a backlash from it, but some people want to watch CIS so bad they are willing to put up with those same truck and food commericals 5 times during the show.

Honestly how often does a commerical help convince you to buy something?  If its somekind of a special I might consider it abit more.  Less damned commericalns and lower the price.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Many commercials convince me NOT to buy a product, because the commercials themselves are irritating enough that I am turned off to the company's product.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top