Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2004 12:22:47 AM EDT
I'll start the list

1. Having the bad guys pry a gun from the protagonists cold dead hands (example patriots: surviving the coming collapse and Red Dawn)
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'll start the list

1. Having the bad guys pry a gun from the protagonists cold dead hands (example patriots: surviving the coming collapse and Red Dawn)

in the same vein that always annoyed the hell out of me in movies and most video games the good guys geeks someone but you couldnt /woulndt take there guns or ammo some you/they could.

oh well I know its only entertaniment but still.

I think having the good guy snake a nice weapon from the dead bad guy would be cool esppecaly in a SHTF movie.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
2. A chase seen with Cobra attack helos
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
A vault of weapons.

The "shed" or backroom of the gun store in 'Commando'.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The NEO "reveal" scene in the Matrix, or Mel Gibson entering Bartertown in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, or even Tackleberry in Police Acadamy. Every gun toting hero should display the arsenal he carries on him.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Magazines with a finite capacity
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#6]
A speech, in response to the typical "They'll just take it away" whine, comparing weapons to seat belts.  Throw in the simple inquiry as to why ANYONE wouldn't want to TRY to survive by fighting back.

And HKs, LOTS of HKs.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
First person/iron sights view, like the M249 scene in 'Proof of Life'.  Only better, by having the sights lined up on the person as they're being shot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Some kind of problem solved by improvising armor/weapons in a garage or backyard and taking on the well-armed protagonists ala A-Team!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Some kind of problem solved by improvising armor/weapons in a garage or backyard and taking on the well-armed protagonists ala A-Team!

Hell, I thought you were describing McGuyver for a minute.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
A hot brunette
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys are falling asleep at the wheel here...

- Zombies (the kind that moan and groan while holding anti-gun signs and signing off on anti-gun legislation) getting shot in the head
- Guys not learning how to fly a plane/helicopter by trial and error and becoming an ace in 10 minutes
- Realistic underground shelters, not the kind that go miles into the earth or a mountain and are decorated better than five star resorts.
- Explosions that don't yield a monster, 20 second, sustained fireball that chases people and throws them 10 feet into the air. Especially from a hand grenade
- People that can't shoot behind them while running/driving forward and hit a target in right between the eyes.
- Military guys that aren't depicted as by the regs, knuckle draggers
- People that can't fabricate an invincible armored vehicle out of a bread truck
- Less Ak's and more AR's (with more bling). The props guys should check out the AR15 Picture Thread for idears
- People that don't go back into the thick of the shit for a fucking cat
- People who get shot and actually look like they are in pain (and longer than five minutes) and don't stop bleeding after putting a torn strip of t-shirt on the wound.
- People that don't know how to spin a car around at full speed without flipping the car over.
- Did I mention zombies?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
A plot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top