Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 7:29:16 PM EDT
On Lou Dobbs tonight.  He was of middle eastern descent.

I pretty much agree with everything he said.  Much more than the media, which really surprised me.  He wasn't a whiny liberal apoligist, far from it.

He stated that the majority of Iraqis like us, they realize that the prison scandle was bad but not "normal" or how the US works, and were outraged over the militias and the Berg decapitation.

He said the real enemy is the rest of the Arab world, since only 1 nation (UAE) officially condenmed the Berg vid.  Since they did nothing against Saddam for so long.  Since most of the problems in Iraq are coming from outside its borders.  

Listening to some people, it sounds like more ppl in the US want us out of Iraq than the Iraqi people.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Fouad Ajami, one of the dreaded neo-cons.  Another guy like him is Amir Taheri.

As opposed to the more common, "orientalist" Middle East Studies guys who see everything through the lens of colonialism and Western racist oppression like Edward Said, RASHID KHALIDI, Robert Fisk, and another guy whose name escapes me at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What about that guy Monsoor something, saw him on Fox a long time ago.  He has no qualms calling things the way they are.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What about that guy Monsoor something, saw him on Fox a long time ago.  He has no qualms calling things the way they are.

Mansoor Ijaz.  Another regular on www.nationalreview.com
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Mansoor Ijaz - He is of Pakistani descent.

I enjoy his commentary as well.  It's quite insightful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top