Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 1:54:50 PM EDT
Hey all,

Now that I'm a Florida resident, I would like to get my CCW. What does it take? Where do I have to go? Anyone got a link to the appropriate laws?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A CCW class, fingerprinting, an application and some money. As long as you're not a documented felon or mental case, you'll get your license in about 60 days.

An armed Canes fan....I like it!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad you're not an Alabama resident.  The only prerequisite here is a simple background check and $20(is my memory serves me correctly).  We have a reciprocal agreement with Florida, so I can also carry there.  No CCW class.  No finger printing.  No 60 day wait.  I think it took about 15 minutes from the time I walked in the office until I left with my permit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top