Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 12:54:51 PM EDT
...The soldier who threw a grenade into a tent during the first few days of the Iraq war.  It killed two US Servicemen and the last I heard, he was being hustled off to CONUS to face a court martial.  Did he ever get his court martial?

Reason I ask is that I just heard on the network news that court martials are already about to start for the folks who worked the prison detail and took pictures.  I realize that what happened over there was several months ago and the investigations are largely complete, but in the fragging case that happened over a *year* ago.

I'm wondering if the process is being speeded up just to be able to present to the press some prison guard heads on a platter, so to speak?

-Gator
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
He was in the news yesterday, as a matter of fact. His trial judge was admonishing his lawyers for not keeping the defendant awake during trial.

He also has Muslim lawyers, big surprise. They claim he's only prosecuted is because (gasp!) he's MUSLIM!

I hope he rots in hell.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Firing squad or gallows. Preferably gallows, not worth a bullet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
and could be sentenced to death if convicted, authorities.

Could be?!  Fuck, he BETTER be!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope they shoot his ass. Seriously. Musketry.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Gallows is my choice.  I'd pay to watch that miserable piece of human detritous swing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]
NUKE HIM!

hey, its been a popular response the last two days.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll bet 5 American dollars this guy won't be killed. Don't get me wrong, I want him to pay as well, but I don't think they will kill him.

BTW when was the last military excecution of its own soldier on the record here?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
He'll be popular in Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]

By ETH: You know in the People's Republic of China, if you are executed for a crime, they send your family the bill for one bullet.

I'd have figured it would by 9x18 Makarov, but when you absolutely have to be sure it works... 7.62 x 39 should do just fine. Besides, they probably have a few extra death row prisoners lined up as a proper backstop.

Sly
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#12]
He should have received a firing squad, while still in Kuwait.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Shoot him and use the gun that Al Pacino used in Heat to do it
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'll bet 5 American dollars this guy won't be killed. Don't get me wrong, I want him to pay as well, but I don't think they will kill him.

BTW when was the last military excecution of its own soldier on the record here?

I agree.

he will stay in prison for a while until Lee Marvin needs a few millitary misfits to do a special mission in the mideast.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I believe the last execution of a US servicemen by the US was Pvt. Slovic during the Battle of the Bulge for desertion.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...The soldier who threw a grenade into a tent during the first few days of the Iraq war.  It killed two US Servicemen and the last I heard, he was being hustled off to CONUS to face a court martial.  Did he ever get his court martial?

Reason I ask is that I just heard on the network news that court martials are already about to start for the folks who worked the prison detail and took pictures.  I realize that what happened over there was several months ago and the investigations are largely complete, but in the fragging case that happened over a *year* ago.

I'm wondering if the process is being speeded up just to be able to present to the press some prison guard heads on a platter, so to speak?

-Gator

Anyone remember the name of the movie that was bout the British soldoiers in South Africa?  There was a trial of three of them who allegedly abused/ wrongly killed some Boer prisoners.  It was basically a show trial to appease the Boers.  I think thsi is what is happening with the American guards right now.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Gator

Anyone remember the name of the movie that was bout the British soldoiers in South Africa?  There was a trial of three of them who allegedly abused/ wrongly killed some Boer prisoners.  It was basically a show trial to appease the Boers.  I think thsi is what is happening with the American guards right now.

Hoppy8420

Breaker Morant
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top