Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 11:41:05 AM EDT
Here's mine:

Why is there so much more congressional outrage and demands for answers and immediate ACTION over the Abu Ghraib prison than there is over the horrific beheading of an innocent American citizen at the hands of our enemies or the inhuman mutilation and ghoulish display of American corpses in Fallujah?

Why is there so much more congressional attention, grandstanding and partisan, election-year rhetoric over what amounts to nothing worse than stupid college fraternity hazing-pranks conducted on enemy combatants and terrorists than there is over the REAL inhuman atrocity waged against Mr. Nick Berg who was savagely beheaded by these very same terrorists that Congress, by their hysterical "outrage" over Abu Ghraib, has continued to encourage and embolden?

The ignoble and inexcusable statements like those of Senator Kennedy, "...that Saddam's torture chambers reopened under new management: U.S. management" and the incessant and vitriolic expressions like "outrage", "disgust" and "atrocities" used day-after-day by members of Congress bring nothing but strength and courage to the corrupted, barbaric hearts of our REAL enemies who use those very same words to enflame even more hatred against American citizens.

In fact, what do such words as "outrage", "disgust" and "atrocities" even mean anymore if they are applied equally to such unequivolent acts as putting a leash on a naked prisoner or sawing through an innocent man's neck while he screams out in agony?

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE OVER THE BEHEADING OF NICK BERG!?

Where is the outrage over the LACK of outrage from the Democratic Party leadership and from the Arab world who STILL continue to agonize and seethe over antics like putting panties over the head of naked terrorist prisoners and yet barely utter any sort of response over Mr. Berg getting savagely decapitated?

The Democrats have been calling for immediate action over the Iraqi prison abuses and yet where is their call for action over Mr. Berg's inhuman execution? Where was the Democrats call for action when four American citizens were murdered, incinerated and hung from bridges?

Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Robert Byrd, Carl Levin - they ALL have some of Nick Berg's blood on their hands for encouraging and emboldening these savage murderers because THEY ALL wrecklessly, incessantly and irresponsibly went into hysterical tirades of shamelessly-partisan attacks on the Pentagon, the Military and this Administration for the stupid "Frat-boy hazing" antics by a few of our troops.

In their zeal to damage the President's poll numbers and in their hunger to return to majority power in Congress, the Democrats have put their own political gain ahead of doing what is right, honorable and decent and instead have virtually taken sides AGAINST this Administration in the war on radical Islamic terrorism. Are the Democratic leaders even TRYING to act like "Americans" anymore? Do they not KNOW that their exaggerated and partisan public hysterics are strengthening the resolve of our enemy and weakening our national will to win? Do they even care?

It is just so obvious and so disheartening that having such a bitter, partisan and antagonistic chasm in our Government being continually displayed in such a hostile and blatantly political way has actually hardened the anger of the terrorists and gave them a virtual go-sign to avenge the "dispicable" humilation of their fellow terrorists in Abu Ghraib in the only way they know how - medieval-style death and destruction.

Remember the words of North Vietnamese Colonel Bui Tin regarding the anti-war movement, "The conscience of America was part of its war-making capability, and we were turning that power in our favor". The Democrats today seem to be doing all they can to repeat the mistakes of Vietnam. Through their needlessly-hostile partisan attacks during a time of war, they are undermining our national will to win - again.

After the successful overthrow of Saddam Hussein, the Americans for the most part have tried to be "nice" to the Iraqi people. We tried to limit civilian casualties. We tried to respect their religious icons and mosques. We try to stabilize an emerging democratic society that is being destabilized by foreign terrorists. We are rightfully court-martialing dozens of our own troops for the Abu Grhaib wrongdoings - from officers on down, for what amounts stupid "Frat-boy hazing" antics by a few of our troops. And what do we get? The Democrats STILL wanting Rumsfeld's head on a platter and Mr. Nick Berg's head LITERALLY being returned to us on a platter!

And so, the day after the gruesome video of Mr. Berg's execution by a band of jackals was aired, Congress was back to their partisan hand-wringing and political theatrics over the "dispicable atrocities" of having some terrorist's self-esteem  damaged by having panties pulled over their heads, all the while the headless body of an innocent American citizen gets pushed out of sight, to be forgotten, along with the likes of the four mutilated Americans in Fallujah, Daniel Pearl, Leon Klinghoffer and the thousands of other Americans who were massacred over the years in the name of Islam, the "religion of peace".

Just who do the Democrats think the enemy really is?

T_Macallan.

We cannot let this get pushed aside - WE must keep our Government focused on who the real enemy is and, just like with the AWB, it is up to US to take control of the debate and make our public servants do what WE THE PEOPLE want.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]

And here is my contact list.

*  Rush Limbaugh: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-282-2882 between 12PM - 3PM Eastern Time.

*  Sean Hannity: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-941-7326 between 3PM - 6PM Eastern Time.

*  Tony Snow: [email protected]?subject=For Tony
  Call 1-866-408-7669 between 9AM - 12PM Eastern Time.  

*  Bill O'Reilly: [email protected]
  Call 1-877-966-7746 between 12PM - 2 PM Eastern Time.

*  Micheal Savage: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-449-8255 between 5PM - 8PM Eastern Time. (IIRC)

*  Micheal Medved: www.michaelmedved.com/contact.shtml
  Call 1-800-955-1776 between 3PM - 6PM Eastern Time.

*  Neal Boortz: boortz.com/cgi-bin/mail.cgi?id=boortz
  Call 1-877-310-2100 between 10AM - 1PM Eastern Time. (IIRC)

*  Larry Elder: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-222-5222 between 6PM - 10PM Eastern Time.

*  Dennis Prager: [email protected]
  Call 1-877-243-7776 between 12PM - 3PM Eastern Time.

*  G. Gordon Liddy: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-445-4339 between 10AM - 2PM Eastern Time.

*  Laura Ingraham: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-876-4123 between 9AM - 12PM Eastern Time.

*  Ken Hamblin: [email protected]
  Call between 3PM - 6PM Eastern Time.

*  Hugh Hewitt: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-520-1234 between 9AM-12PM Eastern Time (IIRC)

*  Mike Gallagher: [email protected]
  Call 1-800-655-MIKE  between 9AM - 12PM

*  Shepard Smith: [email protected]

*  Brit Hume: [email protected]

*  Oliver North: [email protected]

*  FoxNews Channel: 1-888-369-4762 - email: [email protected]

*  CNN.com - Email Comments

TOLL-FREE CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD: 877-762-8762 or 800-648-3516

PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES:
* George W. Bush
DC (202)456-1111

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:
* Locate And Contact YOUR Representative.

HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER:
* Rep. Tom DeLay, R-TX
DC (202)225-5951

US SENATE:
* Locate And Contact YOUR Senators.

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER:
* Sen. Bill Frist, R-TN
DC  (202)224-3344

Don't let this story fall off the front-burner of political issues - Don't let the Media and the Democrats forget this.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck yeah! I was going to IM you to tell you to post something like this. Consider it done!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Does "frat boy hazing" involve sodomizing each other with broomsticks and cylume lights?

Thats a fucked up frat.

I am actually apalled at both of these acts. This (the prison scandal) should never have been acknowledged in public, we should have handled it internally, thanks media.

And as for the Nick Berg incident, well just look up anyone else's strong opinion on this matter, fucking savages.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does "frat boy hazing" involve sodomizing each other with broomsticks and cylume lights?

Thats a fucked up frat.

Yep. That's why I was never in a frat. You never know how fucked up people are until you're naked, blindfolded and you hear "braaying" and hooves coming in the room.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Mac, please send your letter the the Arizona Daily Star otherwiswe known as the Red Star. Their email is [email protected]. This rag is incredibly leftist but usually prints well thought out letters such as yours. You need to put your name, address, phone number and occupation for them to print it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My email to Rush:

I was listening to your program earlier today and you were talking about vacation... VACATION!!!! What are you thinking talking about vacation!?!?! I could care less what Americans think about vacation. Americans need to open their eyes and see the evil that is going on in the world right now. Namely, slowly sawing off and decapitating and innocent American citizen's head.

Why isn't the media outraged about this? Why is it that all I hear on the news is about some poor Iraqi scumbag prisoners who went through a little frat boy hazing. I would have much rather been sodomized repeatedly than to have what happened to Nick Berg, happen to me. Have you even watched the video? You should. I have and it's beyond disturbing. The American people must see this to understand the full implication of what happened. They need to turn off the Friends Finale, turn off the American Idol and all their other "happy" shows and just for a minute step outside their little bubble that they live in and see what evil lurks in the world just waiting to do this to every man woman and child in this country.

What will it take for the media to aknowledge the truth and horrors going on in the world? Will the terrorists have to come to American soil, kidnap people from their homes and saw their heads off right here in our own country???

And this isn't just about Nick Berg, what about the American contractors burned and drug through the streets and hung on display to the delight of cheering muslims around the world? What about David Pearl who had his head sawn off by Islamic extremists before there was even an inkling of the so called Iraqi "abuse scandal"? What about the people who jumped out of the world trade centers to their deaths to keep from being incinerated by the flames licking at their heels only to be splattered on the ground far below? What about the others killed by the crushing force of thousands of pounds of steel and concrete that came crashing down on their heads like a giant sledge hammer? What about the muslims around the world who cheered in delight at the scenes shown on television of all these deaths? Wake up America! Wake up and see what evil is going on in our world! Mr. Limbaugh, you cannot let these things get swept under the rug and forgotten. Please, for the sake of our nation wake people up and show them the truth of what is going on!!!

Sincerely,
SH

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a fucked up frat.

Yep. That's why I was never in a frat. You never know how fucked up people are until they you're naked, blindfolded and you hear "braaying" and hooves coming in the room.

okay that had me laughing.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thats a fucked up frat.

I am actually apalled at both of these acts. This (the prison scandal) should never have been acknowledged in public, we should have handled it internally, thanks media.

And as for the Nick Berg incident, well just look up anyone else's strong opinion on this matter, fucking savages.

Yeah. The worst examples of hazing do involve sodomy.  There are examples too numerous to list.  Here is one from Fox:

In New York state, Mepham High School's (search) football season was canceled this year before it even began. Three players were charged with sexually brutalizing younger teammates with a stick, pine cones and golf balls over the summer at a Pennsylvania training camp.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Macallan...IM coming your way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My email to Rush:

I was listening to your program earlier today and you were talking about vacation... VACATION!!!! What are you thinking talking about vacation!?!?! I could care less what Americans think about vacation. Americans need to open their eyes and see the evil that is going on in the world right now. Namely, slowly sawing off and decapitating and innocent American citizen's head.

Why isn't the media outraged about this? Why is it that all I hear on the news is about some poor Iraqi scumbag prisoners who went through a little frat boy hazing. I would have much rather been sodomized repeatedly than to have what happened to Nick Berg, happen to me. Have you even watched the video? You should. I have and it's beyond disturbing. The American people must see this to understand the full implication of what happened. They need to turn off the Friends Finale, turn off the American Idol and all their other "happy" shows and just for a minute step outside their little bubble that they live in and see what evil lurks in the world just waiting to do this to every man woman and child in this country.

What will it take for the media to aknowledge the truth and horrors going on in the world? Will the terrorists have to come to American soil, kidnap people from their homes and saw their heads off right here in our own country???

And this isn't just about Nick Berg, what about the American contractors burned and drug through the streets and hung on display to the delight of cheering muslims around the world? What about David Pearl who had his head sawn off by Islamic extremists before there was even an inkling of the so called Iraqi "abuse scandal"? What about the people who jumped out of the world trade centers to their deaths to keep from being incinerated by the flames licking at their heels only to be splattered on the ground far below? What about the others killed by the crushing force of thousands of pounds of steel and concrete that came crashing down on their heads like a giant sledge hammer? What about the muslims around the world who cheered in delight at the scenes shown on television of all these deaths? Wake up America! Wake up and see what evil is going on in our world! Mr. Limbaugh, you cannot let these things get swept under the rug and forgotten. Please, for the sake of our nation wake people up and show them the truth of what is going on!!!

Sincerely,
SH

You didn't listen to the whole show did you?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My email to Rush:

Sincerely,
SH

You didn't listen to the whole show did you?

No I didn't. I was driving in my car back to work and I can't listen to radio here. He was still talking about going on vacation when I had to shut my car off. Enlighten me please. I realize Rush wouldn't pass that story up, but I just want to drive the point home no matter what.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]
There is really very little that can be said about the repugnant nature of the murderers of Mr. Nick Berg.

That they prove to the world over and over again that they're not worthy of the air they breathe, is no longer surprising.

Doubtless, those who killed Mr. Berg are worthy of nothing more than a bullet and a bonfire. I wouldn't even dignify them with a burial.

But they're only one enemy. They're the obvious enemy, and of course they are the primary target. But there are other enemies, and many of them are your friends, your neighbors, your co-workers and sadly, even some in your families.

I have a message for you left-wing fucktards who've spent the last couple of weeks wringing your hands over the stupidity of a few troops in Abu Grhaib. Listen to me closely when I tell you this:

You helped kill Mr. Berg, just as surely as if you'd held him down while they slit his throat and hacked off his head.

Your days of endless moral equivication, alligator tears and manufactured outrage over the offenses of a select few have been pure, unadulterated aid and comfort to the enemy. Which, is Al Quaeda and every other Islamofacist terrorist.

They have gained boldness from your cries for Rumsfeld's head on your political platter of appeasement. They have grown confident, heartened by your singing the choruses of their propaganda in the halls of our very goverment, and throughout the echo-chambers of the Pavlovian liberal media.

You have made them believe that they have the strength and standing to commit such a heinious act, and to brazenly perform it for all the world to see.

And in so doing, you have sown the seeds of their undoing.

And yours.

You see, the huge majority of we Americans know, and have always known, who our enemies are in the mideast. The radical Islamists, from the time of Khomeni to the present. The Imams, dictators and assorted tyrants who prefer to rule peoples locked into the ignorance of the seventh century.

We've always known this.

But now, you of the "Blame American First!" crowd.. (thanks, Jeane Kirkpatrick, wherever you are!), have painted yourself into an inescapable corner.

Or, will you try to weasel your way out of this one, toeing the Al Quaeda line that their act of butchery was in some way equivalent to the abuses in Abu Grhaib? I would say "shame on you", if you did. But I won't, because I know that you have no shame. None whatsoever.

Well, let me correct myself. You are ashamed to be Americans, and your loathing of the home of your birth oozes, puslike, from your mouth and your very pores. Your stench is is just as distinctive, and magnatudes of orders more foul than that of the most prolific chain-smoker. You reek of the stench of your idealogy; the foul corpse of liberalism.

All you care about is your unceasing quest to regain power. To unseat President Bush. To appease the tyrants of the mideast, the U.N. and the E.U. You seek this at any cost, even if that cost is to American soldiers and civilians as they serve their Nation.

And you've succeeded for a moment, succeeded beyond your wildest dreams. You just helped kill an American Citizen. But it is a moment that may cost you for all eternity.

You thought you had the Adminstration cornered with your self-righteous moralizing. What a concept; moralizing. From a crowd that wouldn't know moral from immoral, even as immorality ejaculated itself onto their colletive blue dresses.

Led by your own domestic caliphate of Rather, Jennings, CNN, PBS and thousands just like them, you've succeeded beyond your wildest dreams.

You just helped kill another American. But this time, you picked the wrong killers. No, if you'd just have been content with the rebels of the so-called insurgency with their I.E.D.s, snipers and such, well, then Mr. Berg would be but another sad, mournful statistic.

But you had to have it all. You had to stir the cauldron, not content until you'd so emboldened, so inspired the sick and inhuman beasts of Al Quaeda to once again raise their warped, hate filled heads above the pit of their existence.

They live for moments such as this. And so do you, who supply our enemy with strength, confidence and the assurance that their cause is just, while denying the cause of your countrymen.

When the planes crashed into the towers and when the towers fell, thousands of Islamic fascists and their followers danced in many a street.

Today, Nick Berg suffered his own, very personal September 11th.

And there you are, dancing in the very streets of America. I really can't tell you apart from the terrorists.

Good. Keep dancing, you ingorant shits.

You make large, lovely targets.

smokeonthewater.typepad.com/smokeonthewater/2004/05/the_lessons_of_.html
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Today, Nick Berg suffered his own, very personal September 11th.

That's huge.

Quoted:
And there you are, dancing in the very streets of America. I really can't tell you apart from the terrorists.

Good. Keep dancing, you ingorant shits.

You make large, lovely targets.

That's good.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm afraid mine have been a bit short and to the point and to the news services, paraphrased:

"After seeing the Berg video I could give a hoot and hell about naked terrorist prisoners.  Get with the program or lose your viewing audience.'

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#16]
This is an email someone sent to Slate.com slate.msn.com/id/2100292/

Subject: "nick berg and abu ghraib"
Date: Wed May 12 1219h

hindsight is 20/20, but if i were may 1st nick berg and a magic genie offered me a choice between the worst of abu ghraib and the best of the sort of folks we keep incarcerated there, the choice would have been pretty damn clear.

i just saw some photos of the berg execution. i won't link to them, but they shouldn't be hard to find if you're interested. they aren't for the faint of heart. they aren't for anyone, really. no one should ever have to see such things. but see them i did and i'm glad i did and here's why.

today members of congress will be given full access to the infamous abu ghraib photos. all the stuff we've seen, plus tons of stuff we haven't, and, as usual, it's the stuff we haven't seen that's supposed to be the worst of it. now here's what you do. you take all of those pictures and put them together into one powerpoint presentation. you can cherry-pick the worst of the worst if you like, or you can march them all before us in one long, brutal parade. then you take those photos of nick berg having his head sawn off--or even the video of you think you can stomach it--and prepare a second presentation. no adornments to either. no narration. just the facts. you then show your presentations to every american of voting age.

i promise you this: by tomorrow, every one of those accused prison guards will have shiny new medals of honor pinned to their chests and there won't be enough left of iraq to fill a coffee can.

am i suggesting that the deplorable conduct of the abu ghraib guards is somehow justified by the to-the-nth-power behavior of five of their potential wards? no. if those very five were locked in abu ghraib tomorrow, we would be remiss were their treatment not precisely that prescribed by the geneva convention. i believe with every ounce of my being that our way is superior to that with which we have been thrust into conflict, but that belief is meaningless if it isn't practiced. may i suggest that if you don't share this conviction, or think you do while simultaneously holding to the belief that abuse of such men is warranted, then perhaps america isn't the country for you.

may i further suggest--and this is the real point--that what we see here is as useful a contrast between democracy at war and terrorism, whose very nature is war, as any. what we know of abu ghraib thus far, not what we wish or what we'd like to believe, is that the abuses occurring there were the actions of a few individuals engendered by nothing less than the near-total incompetence of their superiors. a total breakdown in the chain of command. we saw what happens when democracy goes wrong. nick berg saw what happens when militant islam goes right.

already the rats of abu ghraib are scurrying. pfc. lynndie england, who aimed imaginary six-guns at the genitalia of hooded prisoners from behind a cigarette-chomping grin, has given us perhaps the most memorable image of an abuse of power since a guard of a different sort pointed an actual gun at the chest of elian gonzalez's american guardian. her defense? "I was instructed by persons in higher rank," which, in the case of a pfc. could be anyone from the president himself to the guy who cooks her chow in the prison mess hall. didn't work for the nazi doctors and it won't work for her. enjoy prison, dear lynndie, and i hope your captors are more merciful than ye.

supposing that lynndie's version is the gospel truth, that psy-ops types were encouraging their conduct with an eye towards more useful intelligence--that rather than a breakdown in the chain of command, we have it functioning as reliably as ever towards nefarious ends--what will come of it? those responsible will be tried, found guilty, and punished. because when democracy goes wrong, democracy fixes itself. free people demand it. when terrorism goes right, well, democracy has to fix that too.

before i ever even heard of the unfortunate nick berg, i thought the response to the wicked goings-on at abu ghraib was blown out of proportion. but now i find something heartening in it, and, what's more, i find something heartening in the fact that the pentagon feared the release of lynndie's portrait, et al. you see, at the end of the day, the death of nick berg was nothing more than a publicity stunt. it was a calculated media event, one banking on the opposite reactions of two groups of people: fear in the hearts of americans, and courage in the hearts of muslims. i feel confident that, for americans at least, the terrorist arithmetic is as poor here as it was on september 11th. i have hopes that the arab world will sense the gross disproportionality and respond negatively, but that hope is lessened by the fact that most of their knowledge of abu ghraib is gotten from people who hate america only slightly less than nick berg's executioners. at the very least, i hope they'll fear america's response enough to turn on their would-be provocateurs, which will be good enough for now.

when nick berg was beheaded, his face shone toward the camera and his captors wore masks. at abu ghraib, it was the other way around. there's something encouraging in the symbolism. it says that however deeply flawed we may be, on balance, we've got it right. and however flawed our decision to go to iraq may have been, it's a fight we must win.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top