Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 11:18:53 AM EDT
This site sums up the direction of islam, war

biblia.com/islam/islam.htm

Christians have apologized for he atrocities of the Crusades and Inquisition, even John Paul II, but I don't know of any Muslim apologizing for the atrocities done by Islam for centuries.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it was goofy for Christians to apologize to for atrocities commited centuries ago.  It smacks of weakness through guilt, and there is no remedy for history.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think it was goofy for Christians to apologize to for atrocities commited centuries ago.  It smacks of weakness through guilt, and there is no remedy for history.  

Or maybe an attempt to heal old wounds and move along.  An apology is not always a sign of weakness.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or maybe an attempt to heal old wounds and move along.  An apology is not always a sign of weakness.

It depends on who you are talking to.  Usually, there is little demand for an sincere apology by a historically wronged group.  It's generally conciously or subconciously extracted for political gain.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a christian and I would never appologize for things done in the past for one reason. I NEVER DID THEM. Why should I appologize for the spanish inquisition when my family never lived in spain? Why should I appologize for the millions slaughtered when I didnt kill anyone? This is called collective guilt and it is a communist term. I will never ever appologize for something I never commited. Would you ever appologize for slavery? or the holocaust?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#5]
answering-islam.org/BehindVeil/btv2.html

Muhammad and his successors initiated offensive wars against peaceful countries in order to impose Islam by force as well as to seize the abundance of these lands. Their objective was to capture women and children and to put an end to the poverty and hunger from which Arab Muslims suffered. So, Islam was imposed upon Syria, Jordan, Palestine (Jerusalem), Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Iran, all of North Africa, some parts of India and China, and later Spain.

Undoubtedly, the concept of an offensive war to spread the faith is a genuine Islamic concept; it is known as a Holy War for the sake of God. We will see what Muslim scholars have explicitly determined that this is the essence of Islam. They also indicate that if sufficient military power is available to Islamic countries, they ought to attack all other countries in order to force them to embrace Islam, or pay the poll tax and be subject to Islamic rule. Muhammad (as well as all the Caliphs who succeeded him) called for holy wars . All scholars and lawyers acknowledge that.

Those who say that the Islamic wars were always defensive do not understand Islam and have not read sufficient history. It should be evident that offensive wars to spread Islam are the heart of the entire religion of Islam. They embody the meaning of "Striving for the cause of God"—holy war to make the Word of God supreme over the whole world. Our study will be filled with objective quotes from the statements of scholars, along with a throng of true stories.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top