Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 11:16:18 AM EDT
An Arab's concept of the world has occasionally been described as a series of seven concentric circles with the individual Arab at the center. He is surrounded by the circle of his immediate family, and outside that circle is his extended family or tribe. Next are his immediate geographic region and then his country. Outside of his country ring is the rest of the Arab world; then the rest of the Muslim world, the "Dar al Islam," or the area of Muslim peace and stability. Outside this ring is the rest of the world viewed by the Arab as the "Dar al Harb"or WAR AREA!

Any questions?

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Well put.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
And that is why you can say, "I want peace", and a muslim can say the same words, but they mean totally different things.

Me?  Looks like I'm a resident of dar al Harb.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Could it then be honestly said that they are self centered?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as we remember that we live outside thier circle, whether we are overseas or in our own backyard. Any group of people that considers everyone but themselves the enemy whether in peace or war can kiss my hairy ass. And I will afford them the same consideration.

Hunter out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top