Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 9:50:18 AM EDT
...people here, Rush Limbaugh, Mike Gallagher et al.

Have we really learned anything new about these Islamic savages??

Did we not see this with Daniel Pearl? Did we not learn enuf then to know that ONLY extermination will bring victory??

Are not abortion doctors equally savage, only at 1,000,000 times each year?? Where's the difference? Both involve severing body parts of those whose greatest crime was EXISTING

Did we not ALREADY know the immense savageness of evil that exists in mens hearts?

For me this is ONLY confirmation. Not education.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The chest thumping and false bravado are cute to behold.  

"To the moon!"  

What exactly does that mean Mike??

Because it sure as hell comes across as an insult.

SGtra15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"To the moon!"  

SGtra15

An insult to who?

The membership here at ARFCOM.

You are insinuating that we are a bunch of chest thumpers due to this be heading video.  

Why did you say that Mike?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think that the reactions we've seen are as much about the specific act by these Islamic Savages, as it is about the context of this story in relation to the recent worldwide "outrage" over the prisoner abuse in Iraq.
Just as 911 was a wake up call, we apparently "need" these grisly events to be in full color, from time to time, just so that we can refocus.

I haven't changed in my opinion of these savages, since 1983.
But when I see their handiwork first hand, it does tend to highlight those feelings.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
..it is about the context of this story in relation to the recent worldwide "outrage" over the prisoner abuse in Iraq.

I think this was a mistake by the Islamists.

They had some sympathy being generated by the prison "abuse."

They just reminded the soccer moms across the USA that they are in fact evil. And THIS is why we are in Iraq. We can either have beheadings of Americans in Boise, or we can have them in Iraq.

Soccer moms unanimously choose Iraq.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, TBK1, have you seen the video?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Sadly our watch word in this new millenium is complacency.  People become comfortable and do not want to be disturbed from their comfort.  They chose to believe "that would never happen to me" because it is too discomforting to think otherwise.  9/11 occurs and the publics outcry is defening:  Protect me, return me quickly to my previous state of comfort.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"To the moon!"  

SGtra15

An insult to who?

The membership here at ARFCOM.

You are insinuating that we are a bunch of chest thumpers due to this be heading video.  

Why did you say that Mike?

SGtar15

Well, if YOU interpret my post to mean that, then it must be true, eh?  Of course, as a member myself, then I "insulted" myself too, eh?  Brilliant logic, Sherlock.  

I was insinuating nothing.  I am stating flat-out that SOME here are "keyboard commandos" and displaying a silly level of false bravado over this.  It's nothing new--it's just reached new levels.  I am by no means impugning the membership as a whole.  We have many, many highly capable men here.  As I posted in another thread, if my words cause one to take offense, then it's extremely likely that I was referring to that person.  Those who just chuckle at the insinuation are NOT the ones I was teasing.  

Gotcha....Mike  

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
..it is about the context of this story in relation to the recent worldwide "outrage" over the prisoner abuse in Iraq.

I think this was a mistake by the Islamists.

They had some sympathy being generated by the prison "abuse."

They just reminded the soccer moms across the USA that they are in fact evil. And THIS is why we are in Iraq. We can either have beheadings of Americans in Boise, or we can have them in Iraq.

Soccer moms unanimously choose Iraq.

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, someone asked me that last night.  Yes, I did--there is a link in Team if you want to watch it.  I'll tell you what I told him--I share in everyone's outrage.  I just have control of my emotions and don't spout BS that I'm not prepared to back up with action.  

Well, I'll let you in on a little secret: I've seen the video too and I am prepared to stand by my statement that I will never trust another muslim again.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That's nice.  Never is a long time.  

Sure is. I'll die facing muslims, but never with my back to them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#19]
A friend e-mailed me the video. It's the edited version I think.

While not pleasant, it isn't nearly as disturbing as the Chechen vid with the Russian soldier. I guess the arabs don't know how to film properly.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I understand your poiunt Beekeeper, but by you posting that little laughing icon you are insulting and diminishing the rightous anger that the members here are feeling.

In essance you are telling them they are fools for feeling this way...and then you laugh at them.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#21]
For the record, I agee with you Mike.

Hating EVERY Muslim is childish and nothing more than chest beating.

What are these keyboard Commandoes gonna do? Go lynch someone??? Fact is they'd prolly run peeing their pants if they ever saw al Zaqwari (sp?)

Its the old addage " The load mouths are all bluster. Fear the man who owns one gun. Its the quiet ones (the Muslims) have to be afraid of."

Like our Marines. Their ONLY "talk" is done IN PERSON.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Its the old addage " The load mouths are all bluster. Fear the man who owns one gun. Its the quiet ones (the Muslims) have to be afraid of."

Very well said.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, someone asked me that last night.  Yes, I did--there is a link in Team if you want to watch it.  I'll tell you what I told him--I share in everyone's outrage.  I just have control of my emotions and don't spout BS that I'm not prepared to back up with action.  

I get the impression that the beekeeper would make a good sniper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

And yes, If I were 8-10 years younger, and in a different physical shape, I'd be re-enlisting.

I beleive ya brother. I do.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I get the impression that the beekeeper would make a good sniper.

I take that as a compliment--thank you sincerely.  Unfortunately I don't have the eyes to even serve (or the youth now), let alone serve as a sniper.  I'm hell on shooting deer though.  

It was a compliment. The good hunters make great snipers.

For myself, I don't have a problem with this chest beating...this is just one more travesty by abunch of animals. I look at these threads as a big discussion over a bar top........lots of kill em all...when it comes down to the actual wet work...there will be alittle more subtlety involved by most...hopefully.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Are not abortion doctors equally savage, only at 1,000,000 times each year?? Where's the difference? Both involve severing body parts of those whose greatest crime was EXISTING

Did we not ALREADY know the immense savageness of evil that exists in mens hearts?

For me this is ONLY confirmation. Not education.

LOL, grandman, why am I not surprised by you bringing the abortion topic into play on this.  Only here, on ARFCOM, will you find this kind of comparison.  

Not knocking you guy, agreeing or disagreeing, just amused.  I guess it is the familiarity that makes me smile.  I just can recognize what some familiar posters will say.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bee my man, this one was classic for you answered tostesterone with tostesterone!

Signed,

Mr. Kettle
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
LOL, grandman, why am I not surprised by you bringing the abortion topic into play on this.  Only here, on ARFCOM, will you find this kind of comparison.  

Not knocking you guy, agreeing or disagreeing, just amused.  I guess it is the familiarity that makes me smile.  I just can recognize what some familiar posters will say.

Dude - the LAST thing I'd want to do is disappoint my fan base.  

But I'd be interested in someone explaining to me the differnce in hacking to pieces a child who has no choice in the matter, and hacking to pieces a prisoner who has no choice in the matter.

The only difference I can see is one group has turned it into a cottage industry. Well, that and one victim is a large inconvenience. Strike that - that a similarity, NOT a contrast.

Point being - their is an evil streak a mile wide in this world.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

What are these keyboard Commandoes gonna do? Go lynch someone??? Fact is they'd prolly run peeing their pants if they ever saw al Zaqwari (sp?)

You are correct.  How can we hate them when we hear their outrage at their fellow Muslims for all the acts of terror....................................What's that?  There has been no outrage from the Muslim community?  Surely that can't be right, we all know that it's only a small minority creating the problem.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct.  How can we hate them when we hear their outrage at their fellow Muslims for all the acts of terror....................................What's that?  There has been no outrage from the Muslim community?  Surely that can't be right, we all know that it's only a small minority creating the problem.

A couple of our Muslim members here posted their outrage and were met with scorn.  "Tell your fellow Muslims"--like they know the other billion Muslims personally.  

What you don't have the WASP phone (kinda like the bat phone but well for W.A.S.P.s) in your office, I thought for sure I had put in that request to IT.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude - the LAST thing I'd want to do is disappoint my fan base.  

But I'd be interested in someone explaining to me the differnce in hacking to pieces a child who has no choice in the matter, and hacking to pieces a prisoner who has no choice in the matter.

The only difference I can see is one group has turned it into a cottage industry. Well, that and one victim is a large inconvenience. Strike that - that a similarity, NOT a contrast.

Point being - their is an evil streak a mile wide in this world.

They don't make the child read a statement on video, and then cut him apart and publish the video?

This is an extremely crafty and ingeneous way to have people kind of wake up and look around in general.  Somebody posted in another thread (darn search function...), paraphrased "There are good and evil people, there is no grey area".  Good work garandman.  

I will not say all men are evil at heart, evil actions are a learned behavior.

The only innocent is a newborn child, they do not know "hate".   Everything beyond that is learned by who/what they are around the most while waiting to get older.

Kind of like the quandry of ordering a Big Mac, Large Fries, then a Diet Coke, so they don't get fat.  

People (especially women, yes I am using a rather wide brush on that last part), have an amazing ability to dislike something, and then at the same time, justify using a variant of the item/action to suit their needs.

DoubleFeed (and anybody else that hasn't watched the unedited version):  If you haven't watched the unedited video, DON'T watch it, unless you are into the ogrish.com type of stuff.

Summarize:  Remember the Chechen Rebel vid where they used the machete to saw the guys head off while he was screaming?  Well, it is kind of like that with much more untillegible dialouge (they need to subtitle that 4 minute speech in English), but not so much of an extreme closeup of the actual act, but still extremely graphic.

I felt/feel ill  after watching it.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

DoubleFeed (and anybody else that hasn't watched the unedited version):  If you haven't watched the unedited video, DON'T watch it, unless you are into the ogrish.com type of stuff.

I felt/feel ill  after watching it.  

I just saw it. It was pretty blurry - you get the idea of what they are doing. Especially when the little cowards wearing their masks held up the severed head.

Still, I think every American over the age of 18 should be MANDATED BY LAW to see it.

Why hide this? Do we think if we hide our head in the sand that will make it not real?  Are we better off as a nation if we do NOT understand our enemy? Should people who have a right to vote be ALLOWED to be ignorant of an issue as vital as this???

YES, its hard to watch. But freedom is NOT free. Nor is it comfortable. It makes demands of those it blesses.

(NOT a flame of you brasspile. I know your heart)

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#39]

.................... thebeekeeper1
I was insinuating nothing.  I am stating flat-out that SOME here are "keyboard commandos" and displaying a silly level of false bravado over this.  It's nothing new--it's just reached new levels.  I am by no means impugning the membership as a whole.  We have many, many highly capable men here.  As I posted in another thread, if my words cause one to take offense, then it's extremely likely that I was referring to that person.  Those who just chuckle at the insinuation are NOT the ones I was teasing.  

That may have been the truest thing ever posted here by you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Nothing new hear. For me, its just another confirmation of my feelings. It increases my resolve even more.
I think this time its more intense for some folks, because people are just getting tired of BS.
And yes, If I were 8-10 years younger, and in a different physical shape, I'd be re-enlisting.

My thoughts exactly!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

.................... thebeekeeper1

That may have been the truest thing ever posted here by you.

Could this be "the old Beekeeper" back now???  

cool!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top