Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 5:50:37 AM EDT
I take it everyone has heard about the anti-al Sadr army that has popped up as a result of Al-Sadr's invasion of the Shiite holy city of Najaf. Would sending them weapons (confiscated AKs, etc) be a good idea? Getting on their good side could be a good thing. And plus the enemy of my enemy is USUALLY my friend Ben
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
In the 80's

The Russians were our enemy, and the Mujahadeen were our friends, because they were the enemy of our enemy.

Iran was our enemy, so we helped their enemy, Iraq led by Saddam Hussien.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OLY is spot-on. Nearly everytime we have armed a Muslim nongovernmental entity, it has come back around to be a disaster. There are plenty of weapons in theater for them to carry on operations without our help.

Both of these guys know whats up,
Don't cut off your nose to spite your face,

Everytime we have given help to some army, the weapons and training are later used against us.

Afghanistan, Iraq, etc...

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OLY is spot-on. Nearly everytime we have armed a Muslim nongovernmental entity, it has come back around to be a disaster. There are plenty of weapons in theater for them to carry on operations without our help.

Both of these guys know whats up,
Don't cut off your nose to spite your face,

Everytime we have given help to some army, the weapons and training are later used against us.

Afghanistan, Iraq, etc...

You got that right, if we want to give them anything, give them bombs that they can strap to their bodies and blow themselves up as they take out Al-Sadr's army. That's the only way I'd want to give them anything.

You can't trust a muslim.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You got that right, if we want to give them anything, give them bombs that they can strap to their bodies and blow themselves up as they take out Al-Sadr's army. That's the only way I'd want to give them anything.

I won't take it as far as some have here, I do trust some muslims, I know many. Have some good friends that are.

It  just seems to be that we don't think too far ahead of who we are giving money power and influence to.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't take it as far as some have here, I do trust some muslims, I know many. Have some good friends that are.

It  just seems to be that we don't think too far ahead of who we are giving money power and influence to.

I've had muslim friends before too. Make sure you watch your back...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 on watching your back.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#8]
A muslim killed by a muslim is one less muslim for our guys to face.  Let them butcher each other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top