Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 5:39:13 AM EDT
I just saw on MSNBC a few minutes ago that they were asking if they should show the video. They said to email [email protected] to let them know if they should show it.

NAIL THAT EMAIL ADDRESS AND TELL THEM TO SHOW THE VIDEO!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Done...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Subject: Nick Berg Video
To : [email protected]

As you are well aware, the entire video, unedited, was floating around the internet before lunchtime yesterday. I’ve seen it, distributed it, gotten sick over it, and been disappointed when the news media decided it was ‘too disturbing’. There are millions of uninformed folks out there, who don’t yet see the internet as a source of news. These ignorant folks are your target audience. Don’t do them the disservice of hiding the truth. Give them the chance to be outraged. Let them know, with the certainty that comes from this video, exactly what threat we are facing, and its magnitude. Had I been the young man in that video, I’d want it in the living room of every American, in every state. I’d want every American father to feel the need to sit his children down and explain to them that evil exists, and it is our burden to stamp it out. Show the tape.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Done (from 5 different e-mails).
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Not only should it be shown, it should be shown split screen with the poor Iraqi prisoners who were forced to wear womens underwear on their poor tortured heads.

You want ratings?  Play the video, show America what we are up against.

All best regards,

Hielo
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]
To Whom it may Concern,

Our news media have worked a large number of Americans into a frenzy over some relatively harmless (though still wrong) mistreatment of prisoners.

If you are indeed "fair and balanced", then show this video - in its entirety - which displays how American prisoners are mistreated.

Sent.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:51:06 AM EDT
[#9]
so why don't AR15.com provide a link ?? i have not seen it as yet, a friend is sending me a live link today.

there was no revenge in that killing !! just driving a point home to the liberals who want to quit & run !!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Hit X4. And wtf were you doin watchin MSNBC?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is my message to them

Absolutely the video MUST be shown!

The media has been blasting the US ARMY for "torture and mistreatment" of some Iraqi prisoners.....but they still have their heads above their shoulders. Nick was murdered....no, he was slaughtered as "revenge" for the mistreatment of said prisoners. How is brutally taking an innocent person's life justified for taking a few pictures of naked men?

America has become to PC....we no longer realize that out there, it is a whole diiferent ball game. Life is not all tidy and neat, and all conflicts in one's life can be wrapped up and solved in a 30 minute to 120 minute time slot (not including commercials). Out there, there are people who want us dead. No negotiations, no deals, no second chances....no re-runs. It is simple. They want us dead. All of us who are not part of the faith they are fanatic about. Dead. Nick Berg just happened to be one of the first to die. There will be more. It will be pounded by the media as being retaliation for some thing or another that we are doing over there...Iraq, Haiti, Cuba, Phillipines, Bosnia...you pick the country, they will pick a reason that will get air time. The fact of the matter boils down to one thing ....Religion. We do not share the same ideological belief that they do, therefore, we are considered infidels, and must die.

Will showing the execution video on tv convey this fact? Maybe not to the sheeple who are lulled into a belief that "talking about how it makes them feel" can solve anything. But it might hit home the fact that these are dangerous people who will stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

Stoney-Point
Fond du Lac, WI
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Done, I asked that it not be shown.  I can see reasons why it should but I really dont think its necessary.  We are well aware of what happened.  I'm pissed off enough as it is.

While you are certainly entitled to you opinion, there are vast amounts of folks out there that do not really know what happened.  Sure they heard an American was executed, but then they are led to believe it was simply retaliation for the prison thing.  They need to see what we are up against.  They need to witness the evil that we are at war with.  Then, maybe they can also conclude that what we are doing is right.  That will go far to heal the wounds currently bleeding in this country.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]
It's MSNBC. No one will see it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:03:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Done, I asked that it not be shown.  I can see reasons why it should but I really dont think its necessary.  We are well aware of what happened.  I'm pissed off enough as it is.

While you are certainly entitled to you opinion, there are vast amounts of folks out there that do not really know what happened.  Sure they heard an American was executed, but then they are led to believe it was simply retaliation for the prison thing.  They need to see what we are up against.  They need to witness the evil that we are at war with.  Then, maybe they can also conclude that what we are doing is right.  That will go far to heal the wounds currently bleeding in this country.

I agree that there are people out there that need to be shocked into reality.  As for me, I've seen enough.

Then why did you e-mail and tell them NOT to show the video if you "agree that there are people out there that need to be shocked into reality"?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that there are people out there that need to be shocked into reality.  As for me, I've seen enough.

We're doing this on behalf of the folks who watch MSNBC, as it's the best source of news THEY KNOW OF. Not ourselves. Those of us who wish to see it have had that chance.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#18]
No.  This will only stir up passions against Muslims.  The media should just stick to running photos of the mistreatment of the prisoners at Abu Gharib.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It's MSNBC. No one will see it.

If MSNBC shows it you can bet the other news networks will follow suit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hit X4. And wtf were you doin watchin MSNBC?

I was eating breakfast before work and flipping through all the news channels to see if anyone was talking about it. MSNBC was the only channel showing anything about it and happened to put up the question and the email address as I went buy....go figure

Fox News was talking about meaningless shit, CNN was babling about American Fuckin' Idol or some shit like that. People need to be shocked. Their happy little bubble needs to be burst and they need to realize what we're dealing with!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Not only should it be shown, it should be shown split screen with the poor Iraqi prisoners who were forced to wear womens underwear on their poor tortured heads.

nah! it should be shown in split-screen format, alright...but, the second screen should show a mushroom cloud after a blinding light engulfs bagdad.

Fuckin' A!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

nah! it should be shown in split-screen format, alright...but, the second screen should show a mushroom cloud after a blinding light engulfs bagdad.

I can live with that.  

I will also happily pay for the air time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#24]
BTT.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I always find it interesting how MSNBC words its poll quetions.  Like this one in particular:

YES.................SHOULD NOT
NO...................SHOULD

Logically it should be:

YES..................SHOULD
NO...................SHOULD NOT

It is like they are trying to skew the poll counting on most people not to read the question thoroughly and just pick up on the "YES" or "NO" so in reality they will be unknowingly voting for the opposite opinion.  CNN uses this tactic often also.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#26]
FUCK MSNBC!!!

If you go to their website right now look at how they are portraying it!!!! Outrageous!!! He's a little blip in the corner and the headline is, "Civilian Had Been Warned"

Just like the left Let's not agknowledge that there are evil, fucking scum bags out there that do this kind of thing. Lets make it out to be Nick Berg's fault....oh, and then back to the Iraqi "abuse" scandal...poor naked Iraqis! Fuck you MSNBC!!!! FUCK YOU!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#27]
schapman43 ... way to go
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Subject: Berg Video

It needs to be shown to the world. Our country needs to see what these terrorists do, and why we are fighting them. It also will put some greatly needed perspective on the "prison abuse" photos. If they wanted revenge why didn't they just show him naked with a Muslim woman pointing at his penis, or put a light stick in his anus? Doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

We need to quit apologizing and show the Country what REAL prisoner abuse is, the kind Mr. Berg suffered.

Blank his face out, blur the actual cutting....but synchronize the audio, and leave it in. Have a medical expert describe what he felt.

It is your job to do this for our Country, please.

Scott Martinson
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#29]
If US Army MPs working in Iraq made a video of them beheading a prisoner would the video get played? I believe that it would get serious air time in the US. The liberals would make sure of it, to show how bad we really are. So my question is why don’t we show the American people both sides of the equation? They beheaded one of ours now lets see the footage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top