Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 4:38:12 AM EDT
Doesn't that fall into the what the hell was he thinking category.

That seems so stupid he has to have been a CIA man, I mean cell phone salesman in Iraqi ??????????
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I will refrain from the poor taste, "Can you hear me now?" jokes with a firefight going off in the background.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Smells like CIA to me, why put up a tower to have the enemy use communications ??
Yep CIA.

I think he was young and idealistic. A lot of people had gone to Iraq for work besides him, like the truck drivers and so on; so maybe he was not aware of the danger that was still present over there for non arabs.

If that is so............. nevermind !

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
This guy was obviously a risk taker, cyanide.
As I explained on another post, I live near West Chester and this story is being covered extansively on the local news.  Nick Berg's actual business was in erecting and maintaining communications towers.  He did this for some of the local radio stations and felt this was something that would be both useful and profitable in Iraq.  As you may or may not know, these things come in many different sizes, from small (twenty foot) structures for say, HAM radio operators to large things for commercial use.  Can't tell you much more than that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Poor taste?......He got more guts than any of us here.  He is there to help and to make a living while most of us here just whine and bitch.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Poor taste?......He got more guts than any of us here.  He is there to help and to make a living while most of us here just whine and bitch.

Please,  do a stupid thing and bad things will happen to you. Facts of life.

If he was CIA, ok .
If he truly was a cell phone salesman, building cell towers in a war zone or whatever , .................................... well if you go into indian country don't cry if they catch you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:06:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Smells like CIA to me, why put up a tower to have the enemy use communications ??
Yep CIA.

We can spy in three ways. Send in a live spy. Hire someone inside. Electronics. It is mucho easier, safer and cheaper to give them cell phones so we can hear them bragging and planning.

I think giving the enemy commo is a very wise move. Let them have a Big Brother, surely they dont have enough tinfoil.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

Uh, yeah...sure.  That's why the Iraqi police and US military held him in jail for 13 days, right?  Because he worked for us?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

Uh, yeah...sure.  That's why the Iraqi police and US military held him in jail for 13 days, right?  Because he worked for us?  

He was let go ?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he was CIA, ok .
If he truly was a cell phone salesman, building cell towers in a war zone or whatever , .................................... well if you go into indian country don't cry if they catch you.

It was a terrible thing what happened to him. But, I will agree that entering Iraq without any security was a bad idea.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

He was let go ?

I suppose, in your twisted brain, that makes sense to you somehow...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

He was let go ?

My twisted brain has kept me alive many years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

He was let go ?

That is one of the unexplained mysteries of life because it is so illogical.  

Another effort to justify what those pukes did.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Stay on topic boys, stay on topic.
Plenty of time to bash me latter.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#17]
We are trying to rebuild their infrastructure.  Cell towers would be part of that.

Even if he was CIA, there is no justification for what they did, period.

I really don't see that what he was there for is germain.  It makes no difference, what happened was totally unjustified, it was savage, and ruthless.

I see no need for discussing why he was there.  It is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We are trying to rebuild their infrastructure. Cell towers would be part of that.

Even if he was CIA, there is no justification for what they did, period.

I really don't see that what he was there for is germain.  It makes no difference, what happened was totally unjustified, it was savage, and ruthless.

I see no need for discussing why he was there.  It is irrelevant.

Let them do it themselves.
Corporate America is trying to move in for the quick kill and make a profit, at the expense of their employees. No more no less. He will get no medal for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And for the last time, I do not give a fuck about any Iraqi  man, woman, or child.

I really don't see that what he was there for is germain. It makes no difference, what happened was totally unjustified, it was savage, and ruthless.

Sure it does, jump into a lion pit at the zone, and those that mourn you are fools.

Yes what they did was savage and unjustified. What does anyone expect over there from them ???
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he was CIA, ok .

Can't imagine him a spy, he wasn't armed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

He was let go ?

The only thing that keeps some people alive is that it's illegal to kill them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

He was let go ?

That explains you doesn't it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

He was let go ?

If you say so.  It might have something to do with the fact that people simply don't fuck with me in real life.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I can tell from your  keyboard commando style of posts your one bad mofo.

I would be very afraid to argue with you face to face, your a tough hombre.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep CIA.

He was let go ?

If you say so.  It might have something to do with the fact that people simply don't fuck with me in real life.

Most of us were taught not to pick on the retarded kids.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Didn't the FBI release a statement that they offered multiple times to arrange for his transport home while he was in custody?

The father is a POS, as is his family from what they are saying.  Who know what the hell this guy was doing in Iraq.  The way he was murdered and mutilated is horrible and inexcusable.  His status in Iraq has nothing to do with how horrible those muslims assholes treated him.

But, something about this guy does not add up.  His family is seriously anti-war, anti-republican, and he is a guy who goes to third world shitholes to help people build homes, etc.  What was he doing in in the middle of a US war in Iraq selling cell phones or trying to build towers?!?!?!

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Guys there has been wireless(GSM) service in Iraq for years. This is nothing new...Orascom is the carrier there. You can actually use your T-Mobile phone there at 2.99/min.  BTW that is much cheaper than the 5.00/min AT&T(wireline) is charging folks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top