Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 12:37:42 AM EDT
Interesting. I wonder what is really going on? I have heard the israeli mafia is moving their meth and ecstacy operations into the U.S., but could it be something else?

-------------------

Two men arrested after high-speed chase in Tennessee

Posted on Sun, May. 09, 2004

Associated Press

ERWIN, Tenn. - Two Israeli men who led the Unicoi County sheriff on a high-speed chase in a rented moving truck were placed under arrest and are being investigated by the FBI, local officials said.

Shmuel Dahan and Almaliach Naor, both from Israel, were being held without bond Sunday afternoon at the Unicoi County Jail. The truck, rented from a Ryder office in Mars Hills, N.C., was being held in the county garage pending an FBI investigation, officials said.

Dahan is charged with reckless driving, littering, false identification and evading arrest, while Naor faces charges of false identification and evading arrest, an officer with the Unicoi County Sheriff's Department who would not give his name said Sunday.

An investigation by the FBI is ongoing and more charges are possible, he said. A woman who answered the phone at the FBI's Knoxville office said there was no one available to answer questions about the arrest.

The incident began late Saturday afternoon when Sheriff Kent Harris noticed a rental truck traveling at a high speed along former U.S. Highway 23, a lightly-traveled highway near the North Carolina state line.

"I was really concerned because the driver would not stop after I flashed my headlights for nearly three miles," Harris said. "He was weaving back and forth and I was wondering what a large (rental truck) was doing on the two-lane highway late Saturday afternoon instead of the faster I-26 Interstate."

Harris said he saw the men throw something from the truck while they were being pursued. Officers scouring the area later found a vial containing an unknown substance along the roadway, he said.

Once the men were apprehended, officers also found a "Learn to Fly" brochure in the truck, leading Harris and others to express concern about security at the Nuclear Fuel Services plant in Erwin.

"I got a sick feeling when I saw it," Harris said.

Dahan also gave authorities a fake Florida driver's license issues in Plantation, Fla., he said, while Naor produced a fake identification card.

Harris subsequently contacted the FBI, the federal Bureau of Tobacco and Firearms and other local authorities to look into the situation.

"We're not overreacting," Harris said. "We have a responsibility to protect the citizens of Unicoi County and that's what I'm going to do at any cost. I'd rather overreact, if that's what you call it, than be sorry later."
--------------------------

And similar m.o.'s in previous incidents:

---------------------------

New Mexico Police Stop Israelis With Suspicious Cargo

By Michael Shinabery
Alamogordo Daily News

Monday, May 19, 2003

CLOUDCROFT — That they were speeding through the school zone first got his attention.
That they had Israeli driver's licenses and expired passports made him suspicious.

Cloudcroft Police Chief Gene Green stopped the 2-ton van on Thursday, for speeding. Initially, Green thought the truck was commercial because of exterior markings. But when he found it was out of Chicago, he asked for documentation such as logs books and manifests.

"They said this is a U-Haul truck and handed me a rental agreement (for) in-town delivery only in Illinois, (which) had expired two days before," Green said.

He called for backup, and Otero County Sheriff's Deputy Billy Anders, who patrols the Sacramento Mountains, arrived, along with Capt. Norbert Sanchez and Det. Eddie Medrano.

"We got them out and started digging a little deeper," Green said, "got permission to search the truck. They claimed they were hauling furniture from Austin to Chicago."

When officers advised the men they were not exactly en route from one town to another, Green said the two men claimed they were Deming bound.

"But they couldn't give us an address in Deming they were going to," he said. "Once we got into the truck, they had some junk furniture I wouldn't have given to Goodwill."

Also inside the vehicle were, Green said, "50 boxes" they claimed was a "private" delivery, but the men insisted they had no "idea what was in them."

At that point, the officers called for drug-sniffing and bomb-sniffing dogs. The men were turned over to the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and U-Haul recovered the truck. Contents of the boxes remain unknown, pending investigation.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=<<<>>>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Washington Police Seize Rental Truck With TNT Traces

Monday, May 13, 2002

By Carl Cameron

A Budget truck was pulled over in Oak Harbor, Wash., last Tuesday near the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station and found to have traces of TNT on the gearshift and traces of RDX plastic explosive on the steering wheel, Fox News has learned.

Traces of explosives were also found on one of the truck's two occupants.

The FBI, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and local police are all investigating.

Government officials said the roadside stop was so close to the naval air station that military personnel took part in the initial arrest and naval intelligence has also been involved in the subsequent investigation.

Shortly after midnight on May 7, federal officials say local police pulled the vehicle over for speeding. Documents read to Fox News indicate that the driver and passenger told local police they were delivering furniture from California but that authorities doubted the story because of the early morning hour.

A bomb-sniffing dog first detected explosives on one of the men and inside the truck. High-tech equipment was used later to confirm the presence of TNT and RDX plastic explosive.

Documents read to Fox News indicate that both driver and passenger were Israeli nationals. Investigators say a roadside check of the national database of immigration records indicated that one of the men had not entered the country legally, and the other was in violation of his visa. Both men were taken into custody for immigration violations.

At 7:30 that morning local police were notified that the BATF and FBI had tested the truck and found traces of explosives on the steering wheel and gear shift.

Officials say no other charges of been filed against the driver and passenger and an investigation is ongoing.

Authorities say records for the Budget truck do not indicate any recent rental for the purposes of transporting explosives, which would require special permits

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
"I have heard the israeli mafia is moving their meth and ecstacy operations into the U.S."

...intra-company memo?

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe every May, two Israeli's rent a truck and try and drive across the US , weaving and swerving the whole way.  A contest to see who gets farthest.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Interesting. I wonder what is really going on? I have heard the israeli mafia is moving their meth and ecstacy operations into the U.S., but could it be something else?

Do a word search on your copy of "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion - Deluxe CD Edition."
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow! ONCE A YEAR some people from Israel, who may or may not be Jewish (there are palestinian loyalists, even arabs, living in israel), do something crazy.

Shocking, I tell you.

And why haven't we identified this unknown substance from last week yet?

?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow! ONCE A YEAR some people from Israel, who may or may not be Jewish (there are palestinian loyalists, even arabs, living in israel), do something crazy.

Shocking, I tell you.

And why haven't we identified this unknown substance from last week yet?

?

I'm sure they did it's just a matter of deciding what they want to tell the public it is.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#7]
It was smallpox.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Maybe every May, two Israeli's rent a truck and try and drive across the US , weaving and swerving the whole way.  A contest to see who gets farthest.  

I've heard of this, it's called the "MATZOBALL RUN".
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It was smallpox.

Uh..are you joking?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Imbro- One thing I thought was interesting is that you failed to provide links to your 'news' or are you just trying to stir up some trouble?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Gotta be real...probably only 10 or so of us who have ever even HEARD of Erwin...a beautiful little place, BTW!

Damn Israelis...always speeding up and down the road in those vans!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard of this, it's called the "MATZOBALL RUN".

THAT IS TOO FUCKING FUNNY! YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY THANKS! ROFLMAO!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#14]
A nefarious furniture moving cartel.

Erwin has a history of unique events… they actually hung an elephant for killing a man there in 1916.

www.timesnews.net/article.dna?_StoryID=3364931

Jailed Israeli nationals may be deported
Wednesday, May 12, 2004

By RON SCALF
NET News Service

ERWIN - Two Israeli nationals being held since Saturday in the Unicoi County Jail after taking Sheriff Kent Harris on a 2½-mile high-speed chase in the Flag Pond community face a deportation hearing, Harris said Tuesday.

Bonds for the men were set late Tuesday afternoon in Unicoi County Sessions Court on state charges. Judge David Shultz set a secured bond of $2,500 for Almaliach Naor, 22, and a $5,000 secured bond for Shnuel Daran, 19, both of Tel Aviv, Israel.

Harris said even if the two made the cash bonds, "INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) has issued two orders to detain the men, or put ‘holds' on them, until they can be taken to a INS facility to be questioned. Obviously, the state charges we are holding them on may become moot if they are deported back to Israel."

Naor and Daran are in the United States illegally, Harris said.

"They are here on tourist visas, and they are not following the guidelines because they've been working. The men reportedly were moving furniture from Florida to Boston and took a wrong turn in Unicoi County," Harris said.

INS agents from Knoxville appeared at the Unicoi County Jail Tuesday afternoon to interview Harris and speak to the Israelis' court-appointed lawyers.

Meanwhile, Aviz Ezra, Israeli deputy consulate general in Atlanta, said he believes the incident "was a big misunderstanding."

"I understand one of the men did have a forged I.D. card, but there was no ‘Learn to Fly' brochure. It was merely a card (advertising flying lessons) with a phone number on it, not a brochure with details. I understand they are in the moving business from Florida, took a wrong turn and just got lost," Ezra said.

"The relationship between Israel and the United States has always been in the best interest of everyone," Ezra added, saying he just returned from a law enforcement meeting where 15 Georgia law enforcement officers are taking a trip to Israel.

Following a test by an FBI crime lab, Harris said he received a report Tuesday on the substance inside a vial allegedly thrown out of the truck and later found by officers. The vial contained, "gloconic acid and Astromid 18," Harris said. "We don't know what the substances are, but they're not explosive. Our investigation in the matter continues."

Harris said Naor and Daran were dropped from a federal investigation after FBI agents cleared them from being on any wanted list. Harris said Unicoi County deputies searched a storage building Monday night that the men had rented in Mars Hill, N.C. He said the a building was clean "except for some old, junk furniture."

The men face charges of speeding, reckless driving, littering, producing false identification and evading arrest. Harris said the investigation will be expanded further to include the people the men were working for.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You'd think that bomb they made in '02 would have went off by now...

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#16]
These could be Israeli ARABS.  The names do not sound particularly jewish.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Speeding in a UHaul in Unicoi Co. isn't very smart.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#18]
God Bless the Great State of Tennessee! Unicoi County in particular!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top