Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 9:34:52 PM EDT
Spike Lee: Rumsfeld a 'gangster'
'Surprised' that Bush administration hasn't killed Michael Moore

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: May 12, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

In a Seattle lecture, filmmaker Spike Lee took aim at the Bush administration, calling Secretary of State Donald Rumsfeld a "gangster" and expressing surprise the adminstration hasn't killed Michael Moore for his new documentary linking the president's family to Osama bin Laden's clan.

After his reference to Rumsfeld, Lee focused on the Iraqi prisoner-abuse scandal, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer's Robert L. Jamieson Jr., who praised the filmmaker for his "sobering" message Saturday night at the Paramount Theater in Seattle.

"So we liberate people so we can torture them," Lee said, his voice dripping with sarcasm, according to the columnist. "I like that."

Lee, speaking in a lecture series put on by Foolproof Performing Arts, suggested the decision by Disney not to distribute Moore's new film "Fahrenheit 911" was made with pressure from forces far above the movie company.

"I'm surprised [the Bush administration] hasn't killed him yet, Lee said of Moore. " ... Hopefully, this film will get out to the world before the next election."

Jamieson said Lee, dressed in a "natty gray suit," has a "knack for getting in your face, for making you see realities you might not notice or may be inclined to duck."

"We live in very serious times now," Lee told the audience. "We're living with the ramifications of the last presidential election. We all got hornswoggled. Run amok. Led astray. Bamboozled."

The filmmaker, known for movies such as "Do the Right Thing," "Malcolm X," and "Jungle Fever," was "armed with a multipronged message that Seattle – and the rest of the country – ought to hear, irrespective of how uncomfortable it might make people feel," Jamieson wrote.

Along with criticism of the mass media, as a "narcotic," and of rappers such as "Snoop Dogg" for reinforcing racial stereotypes, the columnist said Lee also touched on these issues:

On same-sex marriages: "People should be allowed to marry who they want."

On Secretary of State Colin Powell: "Glad he's there. He's keeping them in check, really. If it was left up to Rumsfeld ..."

On weapons of mass destruction and threats to America: "They will find Jimmy Hoffa first. ... If we were really smart, we'd be thinking about this guy in North Korea," referring to dictator Kim Jong Il. "Because they have a nuclear bomb, and this guy is a nut."
Jamieson noted the audience included hundreds of 10th- and 11th-grade Seattle students invited to the lecture by the Northwest Education Loan Association, which assists parents and children in college planning.

"It's an election year," Lee warned, according to the columnist. "Don't go to sleep. Please."  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]

"Shoot him - with a .44-caliber Bulldog,"
~ Spike Lee,
when asked what should be done with NRA President Charleton Heston. (May, 1999)

Spike Lee is a fucking ignorant racist asshole.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Spike Lee: "Surprised' that Bush administration hasn't killed Michael Moore"

No need... Sara Lee, Ronald McDonald, and Otis Spunkmeyer have the matter well in hand!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
~ Spike Lee,

Spike Lee is a fucking ignorant racist asshole.

Spike Lee is black..

how could be be racist.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]

surprised that Bush administration hasn't killed Michael Moore

i'm surprised too! i mean i put my extra thousand bucks in my donation letter with a special request attached to it.

friggin robbed i tell ya!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Spike Lee is the perfect walking example of the term nig***.

It's the attitude, not the skin color.

Flame on...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Those Hollywood folks. Is there nothing they dont know?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yep: anything useful...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How to drive. BTDT, got the t-shirt and burned it first chance I got.

CW
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad he put it in his own words.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Spike should do his next film in Fallujah.

Then when he get's his freaking head cut off we can take his advice and focus on important stuff like treatment of Iraqi prisioners.

michael moore is an NRA member would and protect spike against any harm.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it was Governor Clinton and then President Clinton that had all those people diying right and left.  You don't think he would have ordered anyone killed do you? What's the guys name that was having an affair with Hillary then "killed himself" and dumped himself in the park across from the White House? How about the State Troopers? I think the list goes on and on, but if President Bush had Michael Moore and Spike Lee killed I would not mind.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Did he not mention the Mother Wheel, the evil scientist Yakub, and the number 19, or did they just fail to quote that part?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Spike Lee - the new poster child for Euthanasia
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
~ Spike Lee,

Is that a brand of malt liquor?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#17]
who's spike lee?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Is he Muslim/islamic? Need I say more?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Where's the outrage about Nick Berg???

Oh, that's right, he was white so he doesn't matter...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#20]
What is the surprise here? Spike Lee is a bigoted loudmouth spokesfag for the DU and the Radical anti white Islamic movemet.He has been to the moon and has seen with his own two eyes what the nazi scientists have done up there and this is why he supports the N.O.I. and is a Quack of the first magnitude much like louis farrakan is.The NOI is a racist hate mongering organization which supports al Qaida and is thus anti-US.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
who's spike lee?

A has-been who blames The Man for his own failings as a film-maker.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#22]
"Foolproof Performing Arts"

Oxymoron or negative predictor?

Spike should have his "cracker-hatin' ass shot with a S&W Ladysmith .357 magnum"

Michael Moore will eat himself to death soon enough.  He's a good poster boy for "liberals", rich, fat, and a loud-mouthed liar.......with a bad haircut.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not gonna say it, because (1) I'm white, and (2) I ain't no racist... however, I do believe the esteemed comedian Chris Rock (a very funny and very black man) would call Spike Lee a nigger.

Backcountry
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
On weapons of mass destruction and threats to America: "They will find Jimmy Hoffa first. ... If we were really smart, we'd be thinking about this guy in North Korea," referring to dictator Kim Jong Il. "Because they have a nuclear bomb, and this guy is a nut."

Of course if we did anything about North Korea these same turds would be screaming "North Korea didn't attack us!!  What about Iran and Saudi Arabia!!!"

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Spike Lee is a racist scumbag and his "movies" suck.

Micheal Moore is just fat barrell of monkey sperm.

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Well if Spike Lee said it... then it must be true.

He is a true master at his craft... being a tier one ass clown!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top