Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 6:35:03 PM EDT
So said Greta Van Sustren just a minute ago. No details were given.

'too little, too late'  comes to mind.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is Cair?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think this may be one of those "Oh Shit!" moments to CAIR.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Who is Cair?

COUNCIL ON AMERICAN ISLAMIC RELATIONS

big muslim group.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Who is Cair?

www.cair-net.org/default.asp
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Publicity move, you know in reality they support it as punishment for our Imperialist Policies (tm)
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks AROwner and WhoMe. I'm not as up on things as I should be, but I'm learning.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
CAIR is a joke and I wouldn't trust anything they say or do any further than I can throw my truck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#8]

ABOUT CAIR:

"I am a supporter of the Hamas movement."
~ Nihad Awad,
Co-Founder of CAIR, at a 1994 meeting at Barry University

"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant.  The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth.  The Koran... should be the highest authority in America.  And Islam the only accepted religion on earth...".
~ Omar M. Ahmad,
Chairman of CAIR, at a rally of California Muslims in 1998.

A Bad Day For CAIR
September 24, 2003

Last Wednesday, The Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security held the second in a series of hearings aimed at examining Saudi Arabia’s role in exporting Islamic extremism abroad.  The hearing, titled “Two Years After 9/11: Connecting the Dots,” was focused on the prevalence of the radical Wahhabi Islamic sect among Muslim political groups in the U.S.  CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad and Chairman Omar Ahmed were invited to testify at the hearing, but both declined to attend.  In their absence – and in front of their empty witness chair - the committee heard compelling evidence that Saudi Arabia financially and ideologically supports a network of American organizations that act as the defenders, financiers, and front groups of international terrorists.  CAIR has been a major player in this network since its creation in 1994, with a particularly soft spot for the suicide-bombing death squads of Hamas.

Senators turned out in force to connect the dots between CAIR and the deviant Islamic extremism that led to the vicious attacks of 9/11.  In his opening statement, Chairman Jon Kyl said, “a small group of organizations based in the U.S. with Saudi backing and support, is well advanced in its four- decade effort to control Islam in America - from mosques, universities and community centers to our prisons and even within our military. Moderate Muslims who love America and want to be part of our great country are being forced out of those institutions.”  

Senator Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat who has been steadfast in his efforts to uncover the nexus of Hamas front groups in the U.S., was ruthless in his portrayal of CAIR as part of an international terror network.  In his opening remarks, Senator Schumer stated that prominent members of CAIR—referring specifically to Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmed—have “intimate links with Hamas.”  Later, he remarked that “we know [CAIR] has ties to terrorism.”

Even Senator Richard Durbin, who has made common cause with some of America’s Wahhabi-backed groups, came down hard on CAIR.  In his final comments he conceded that CAIR is “unusual in its extreme rhetoric and its associations with groups that are suspect,” and requested that the committee seek the testimony of mainstream Muslim groups in its place in the future.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
CAIR

They're the Peaceful Muslims....they're all peaceful muslims

just follow shari'a and you won't get a fatwa on your ass.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#10]
CAIR needs to be run out of town. I am all out of tolerance for the intolerant.  Yea, I know oxymoron.  These are the same people who think Islam should be the "LAW OF THE LAND".  

These are among some of the most consumate LIARS.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
It is telling I think that CAIR would denounce the murder before the Democrats do.  They are still up in arms over a little mistreatment of very dangerous, very bad murderers in an Iraqi prison.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:23:20 AM EDT
[#12]
According to FOXNEWS, CAIR just denounced the murder of Nick Berg. Thoughts?

Will the Kings come back and beat the Timberwolves tomorrow?

CW
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Will the Kings come back and beat the Timberwolves tomorrow?

CW

Let's hope not, Although I am not a hoops fan   I am a Minnesota Fan
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#15]
All Arabs lie....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:54:52 AM EDT
[#16]
OH, NOW they are talking.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Islam is evil. By association, so is CAIR.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#18]
How courageous of them.

"Denouncing" the beheading of a bound, innocent, non-combatant, while chanting "God is Great!".

Wow.
They really went out on a limb.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#19]
CAIR must keep the propaganda flowin' ,they dont want to mess up all the work they have done here getting a foothold for there islamification of the USA

like you can trust what a muslim says...expecially a terrorist org. like CAIR

it is our freedoms that allow them to operate a terror org. here...they must GO!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#20]
With thanks to The_Macallan

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#21]
And I just e-mailed Fox News with these two quotes:

"I am a supporter of the Hamas movement."
~ Nihad Awad, Co-Founder of CAIR, at a 1994 meeting at Barry University

"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth. The Koran... should be the highest authority in America. And Islam the only accepted religion on earth...".
~ Omar M. Ahmad, Chairman of CAIR, at a rally of California Muslims in 1998.

Just giving their research folks a little heads-up
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#22]
What were they supposed to do denounce it before it happened?

jeez, you guys are all up in arms about how no one stands up and denounces this and

then when they do you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "LALALALALA" real loud.

there was another article on reuters about denouncing the violence in iraq from real iraqis.

Whether or not you want to acknowledge it is different but don't say it doesn't happen.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#23]
i was watching Dayside with Linda Vester and she was making a big deal about no one DENOUNCING the actions of the 6.

it got me thinking..

What good does denouncing the actions of someone do?

its a waste of breath on their part and honestly i dont care. it doesnt change anything.

i denounce the actions of my dog when she pisses on the floor.
in a couple days she'll piss on it floor again.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Lip Service. Doesn't mean shit unless they can go to these guys front door and give them a big can of ass whooping for doing it. Better yet, just take us to the door and let us take care of the rest.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I heard something like that on last nights news.  Probably some other muslim group, but it was a weak statement.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What were they supposed to do denounce it before it happened?

jeez, you guys are all up in arms about how no one stands up and denounces this and

then when they do you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "LALALALALA" real loud.

there was another article on reuters about denouncing the violence in iraq from real iraqis.

Whether or not you want to acknowledge it is different but don't say it doesn't happen.

They support terrorists, just not the actions of terrorists.

As in: "We support the actions or murderers, but we condemn murders." ?????

They are trying to play Public Relations here, that's all.
Their previous statements say it all, and relay their true intentions.

Nothing they do will aid the US in this conflict against Terror.
SOME of what they do will aid the Terrorists in this war against Terror.

Wake the fuck up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top