Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 2:25:09 PM EDT
We're getting into another no win situation and those old adversaries are sitting back and having a good laugh at our expense...

In my opinion, who cares about Iraq, we should be watching the Chinese. They're the only ones who can take us head on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We're getting into another no win situation and those old adversaries are sitting back and having a good laugh at our expense...

In my opinion, who cares about Iraq, we should be watching the Chinese. They're the only ones who can take us head on.

Tell me WHY it is a no win situation. Because of the subversive and traitorous acts of our media and politicians? Or the veracity of our enemy? I just want to know why you are so smart and I am not.

Also, we may as well go ahead and stick our heads in the sand about China and forget they exist. Cause just like Mother Russia during the Cold War, there's no way we could doing ANYTHING about China without losing our asses. Yeah, who knows... we might beat them. But the cost in lives and the economy would be unimaginable.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
We cut our loses and go home, then we were beaten by a rag tag group of terrorists.

If we stay and fight, we'll have to kill virtually every person in the country to win. The rest of the world will  think we're more barbaric than the Iraqi's. We'll become an island like the Israeli's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote for option number two.

Quoted:
We cut our loses and go home, then we were beaten by a rag tag group of terrorists.

If we stay and fight, we'll have to kill virtually every person in the country to win. The rest of the world will  think we're more barbaric than the Iraqi's. We'll become an island like the Israeli's.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Who told you that?  Peter al-Jazeera?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We already are.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think you're catching on.
We can win if we allow our warriors to do their jobs.
But as I said before, some don't have the stomach for a real war.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We already are.

No, we still have England, Germany, and NATO. France and Spain might not like us, but I doubt they'll go aganist us.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We can ONLY win in Iraq. Look at the bigger picture. Iraq has no real strategic importance. If we kill everyone in Iraq, history will look at us as being no better than Hitler or Stalin.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No, we still have England, Germany, and NATO. France and Spain might not like us, but I doubt they'll go aganist us.

Are you serious? In case you have been in a coma for the past several years -- it's fashionable to hate the US right now in the world. Even among our supposed "allies", hatred and envy of America runs rampant. We're already alone in the world. Time to kick some ass make damn sure that we keep kicking the bullies while they're down, instead of our usual fair play of letting them get back up and take the first swing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
China is the next threat..... That is so laughable.  anyone looking for the next big war is just someone that can't get the good and bad, two superpower, red vs. blue, and still think the next war is going to be fought on a open field with men and machines.  Two words: Wake Up!!!

Our biggest concern is not Russian, not China, not any country. Our next war is going to be a war of religons.  A war fought on our home turf because those radicals are going to bring the fight to us.  our next war will have unseen enemies, we will face with not nations to nations, but believe to believes and mind to mind.  we will have to fight a group of people that will risk anything to win and will give up way too much to see that their cause is the rightous one.  We need to wake up and understand this war in Iraq is just a beginning, this will continue, and we better have the stomach to deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious? In case you have been in a coma for the past several years -- it's fashionable to hate the US right now in the world. Even among our supposed "allies", hatred and envy of America runs rampant. We're already alone in the world. Time to kick some ass make damn sure that we keep kicking the bullies while they're down, instead of our usual fair play of letting them get back up and take the first swing.

Yeah, we're alone, but why give them an excuse to band together to take us down?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If we leave and the Terrorist take over and are able to produce the oil to sell at even 1.7 Million Barrels a day that’s over $28 Billion and you can purchase more then a few Airline Training Classes.

If you let them think they have won they will never stop! The next location could be Main Street USA.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Communism may look dead but its only sleeping.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know what the fu** RUSSIA has to laugh at...the Chechans are still giving them hell, and they just managed to off Putin's hand picked guy there yesterday.  

The Chinese, well, no doubt in MY mind that it's just a matter of time before we get into it with them.  If we'd just ban imports from China for a month, their economy would collapse lol.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We're getting into another no win situation

and you still don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
China is the next threat..... That is so laughable.  anyone looking for the next big war is just someone that can't get the good and bad, two superpower, red vs. blue, and still think the next war is going to be fought on a open field with men and machines.  Two words: Wake Up!!!

Our biggest concern is not Russian, not China, not any country. Our next war is going to be a war of religons.  A war fought on our home turf because those radicals are going to bring the fight to us.  our next war will have unseen enemies, we will face with not nations to nations, but believe to believes and mind to mind.  we will have to fight a group of people that will risk anything to win and will give up way too much to see that their cause is the rightous one.  We need to wake up and understand this war in Iraq is just a beginning, this will continue, and we better have the stomach to deal with it.

Hi there SMG Lee. I think this is the first time I've seen you outside of the AR15 side of the house!
Good to see you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Whatever.  It isn't no win...you've been listening to propoganda again.

No, actually, they can't.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Backing up would only allow the terrorists to gain ground... all the way back to NYC, D.C., and the rest of the places that are prime targets for their way of fighting.

Marshall Law under the Iraqi defense forces is a possible option. It would not appear as the US imposing it on them, but at the same time, keeping them on a tight leash (like those prisoners ) would allow us to weed the shitbirds out pretty easily. They can only sit idle so long before the ants (or sand fleas) in the pants send them out on the streets to try to stir shit up. Then it's ducks in a shooting gallery with minimal civilian interaction in the shootouts.

If we have already forcasted money for reparations and rebuilding then I see no reason why our public affairs and Psy-Ops can't convince non-combatants to move out of cities like Fallujah, and then we can just MOAB the holy ass out of it and rebuild it from scratch.

IMO
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me WHY it is a no win situation. Because of the subversive and traitorous acts of our media and politicians? Or the veracity of our enemy? I just want to know why you are so smart and I am not.

Also, we may as well go ahead and stick our heads in the sand about China and forget they exist. Cause just like Mother Russia during the Cold War, there's no way we could doing ANYTHING about China without losing our asses. Yeah, who knows... we might beat them. But the cost in lives and the economy would be unimaginable.

It's a no-win situation because of the left-wing subversion back here at home.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

yup.   china and what navy?

yeah- and we are fighting our own war several ways-  to keep the terrorists occupied somewhere else besides our homeland, and to prevent the liberals from giving the country to the terrorists.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Are you serious? In case you have been in a coma for the past several years -- it's fashionable to hate the US right now in the world. Even among our supposed "allies", hatred and envy of America runs rampant.

In case you haven't noticed, it has been very fashionable to hate the US for quite a long time /here/.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

War of some sort will happen with china in less than 20 years.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If we leave and the Terrorist take over and are able to produce the oil to sell at even 1.7 Million Barrels a day that’s over $28 Billion and you can purchase more then a few Airline Training Classes.

If you let them think they have won they will never stop! The next location could be Main Street USA.

Exactly...I seem to remember us "cutting our losses, and getting out" once before, in a place called Somalia.
We showed the sub-humans that all they have to do is kill Americans, and create public outrage in the U.S. to achieve "victory".
Put yourself in the place of a Somali militia member...You engage the highly trained/equipped Americans.
You manage to knock out some helicopters, resulting in a knock-down, drag-out brawl...in which you manage to kill 18 American soldiers in a battle where you vastly outnumber them, at the cost of THOUSANDS of your own militia...And the Americans STILL complete their mission.
Then...All of the sudden...the Americans run away so to speak (at the command of their President).
Abandoning what most would call a military victory...because you dragged dead Americans through the street.
NOW...You and your little band of slimeballs seem to have a "proven" strategy to defeat the Americans.
What more encouragement do you need to desecrate the bodies of more Americans?

That is exactly the message we send to people like that when we "cut and run".
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
We need to wake up and understand this war in Iraq is just a beginning, this will continue, and we better have the stomach to deal with it.

But we don't. We haven't from the start and that has been the problem all along.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Pay attention people!  This IS what's happening!  History is repeating itself over and over with the Islamic crowd.  They want the world for their religion -- again.

SMGL you hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We can ONLY win in Iraq. Look at the bigger picture. Iraq has no real strategic importance. If we kill everyone in Iraq, history will look at us as being no better than Hitler or Stalin.

Looked at a map recently?

CW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top