Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 1:39:44 PM EDT
This is my first rant so I'm making it a mild one in order to save up for the bigger ones later.    

I bought a Simmons red dot scope for my M4-type AR. When I put it on, about half of the dial numbers didn't show any sort of dot at all. So I call them, they say send it in & I do so.

I got the new back it has problems as well!!!!!  Aaaaarghhhhhhh!!!!!!

I sent it back along with a scathing note asking them IF they EVER checked their products at all????

I will NEVER buy a Simmons product again!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a $30 Simmons scope on a .22, but there's not much of a chance I'd put one of those, or even a higher priced Simmons, on one of my deer rifles.

You get what you pay for.

Come on, Bob, you've got an expensive weapon and you put cheap-shit optics on it??

Try this instead: Buy the OKO reflect sight from Dillon Precision, $199
Buy the Scout mount from DPMS, $49.99 (I fucked up-before I knew DPMS had them for $50, I bought the Scout mount from Dillon for-grease the brown eye and get ready for it-$70)

I've had my Panther shorty fall over a couple of times and the zero on that OKO hasn't moved yet. I've got about 1K rounds through the gun also.

So, for about $170 (including shipping) I got a kick-ass sight on a nice rifle and it didn't break the bank. Looks great too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top