Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 10:59:01 AM EDT
WOO HOO! Also confirmed by someone at FOX!

From Homepage of the Dead:

Just got off the phone with a VERY reliable source and am happy to announce [and pissed that our News/Rumors is down] that Romero's newest zombie movie has been given the green light - and we got the scoop!!

After word/rumors of this installment have floated around for how long, Fox gave the green light just today [5.10.04] and this 4th zombie/dead installment, still being called 'Dead Reconing' is now actively looking at locations for shooting. 'Reconing' is said to take place after the events of Day of the Dead.

George and several cast members from the original installments - Night of the Living Dead [Kyra Schon, Russ Streiner, and John Russo], Dawn of the Dead [Ken Foree, David Emge, Scott Reiniger, Sharon Ceccatti, and Clayton Hill], and Day of the Dead [Lori Cardille, Joe Pilato, Gary Klar, and Anthony DiLeo] - will also be at the Horrorfind Convention this August in Baltimore - can you smell a theme?

And if that's not enough zombies and Romero news for you... George is also working on pre-production for another zombie film called Diamond Dead, about a young women working with a zombie band on a mission to kill 365 people in one year's time.

... and as George gives us more info, we'll post it!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
What the hell are you talking about?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
In
Before
The
Zombie
Thread
Lock
MARPAT
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
w00t!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I also heard Bruce Campbell is going to star in it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you going to that convention. If it's in Baltimore I might take a ride over to see what the deal is. Sounds like it would be a good laugh if nothing else.

Hopefully this will be good... I'd hate to see the franchise take a dive because of Hollywoodization.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#7]
What gun did Al Pacino use in the movie Heat at Dawn with the Dead?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't think it will be hollywoodized, because Romero has insisted all along that he have complete creative control on his movie and if it weren't for this stance, the movie would have been made years ago. Fox probably gave in because they see the $$$ potential with [the movie that shall not be named] at the $80 mill mark right now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I was really hoping that this would happen, because if Romero worked on Diamond Dead or Tom Gordon, it would be at least 2 years before Dead Reckoning would be in the theaters.

Romero Update - Exclusive to Horror-web 05-11-04 8:03pm

As an update to our previous post Romero News - Exclusive to Horror-Web.

Horror-Web's Chief Executive, Horrorwench has recieved another phone call and here is the scoop:

"To clarify a bit about the earlier tidbit - Diamond Dead has been officially put
on the back burner, Romero will be concentrating soley on Dead Reckoning for
now, and the rumor i saw 'somewhere' online today that Fox had picked up Diamond
was false.

When he's done with Dead Reckoning it's a 50/50 toss up between Diamond Dead and The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon. If one of them gets dropped it will most likely be Tom Gordon because the studios cannot [are you ready for it?] figure out how to market this movie. Seems that written by Stephen King and directed by George Romero just isn't enough if it's not a 'horror' film and every single meeting ends in 'But how do we market it?'.... just my opinion here, but DUH - you put the names King and Romero on it and stand back.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh ya, the Resident Evil: Apocalypse site is up. It looks good too.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Milla .I hope she shows her snapper in this one too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]
i would give a sizeable portion of my left arm to be in a

Alice/Jill valentine sandwich.

both be looking good for fighting zombies those who shall not be named.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

double sweet... hope a real trailer comes out soon. I hope the ompsoundtrack is as good as the first one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I wondered that too.
How old is Imbroglio anyway?
I thought he was an overweight, over the hill Troll ---->
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wondered that too.
How old is Imbroglio anyway?
I thought he was an overweight, over the hill Troll ---->

Him not no troll!.....  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
some of you fellas need a new hobby

if its near as good as the dawn of the dead remake, count me in
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
some of you fellas need a new hobby

if its near as good as the dawn of the dead remake, count me in

It will be much better, as it is being written and directed by the master himself.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool,  Woo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#19]
WOO HOO. I'll be looking forward to that!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#20]
In related news one of my coworkers gave me the DVD of [ominous voice]the Movie Which Shall not be Named[/ominous voice] today, out of the blue. Yippee! Now I have something to watch while I load stripper clips!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
In related news one of my coworkers gave me the DVD of [ominous voice]the Movie Which Shall not be Named[/ominous voice] today, out of the blue. Yippee! Now I have something to watch while I load stripper clips!

Got a burner.... maybe we could work a trade for back-up copies?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top