Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 4:27:37 AM EDT
Cat survives cross country trip in drawer.      

RENO, Nev. -- Lilly didn't see any of her two-week cross country trip from Tarrytown, N.Y., to Reno.

The 2-year-old Siamese cat disappeared in New York on April 20 after movers showed up to pack the belongings of Henry Leonard and Vicki Plechner.

"We were just sick. She was a little kitten when we got her," Leonard, 72, told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

They searched everywhere for their cat and put up reward signs around the neighborhood before they left for Reno. They even checked some of their boxes before they were moved.

"We tried everything," the retired chiropractor said.

Last Wednesday night, a worker took the last piece of furniture off the truck. When he opened a drawer to get a grip, there was Lilly.

"We were dumbfounded, speechless," Leonard said. "You'll never find two more happier people."

Leonard said Lilly didn't move much that first night.

"We got her a little water and some baby food," he said. "Then she came around. Now she's fine, running around and purring.

"She's just a little Siamese. And we love her," he said.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, two-weeks without food or water. That's nuts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
AWOB.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I would notice a cat in my drawers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think I would notice a cat in my drawers.

Yeah, then you'd have to explain claw marks on your junk.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]
unfortunately, some pussies never die.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top