Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 8:05:27 PM EDT
Haven't seen any threads on this and I'm not about to E-tool through 133 posts.

Does anyone else think that aside form the hottie CG chic that this show is about as fucking dumb as you can get? I tried watching it, despite the irritating commercials, and didn't get very far at all. I thought I would be able to tolerate it just to see some nice CG T&A, but it's was shear torture.

Adult humor... more like junior high level humor...

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#1]
This show is based off some stupid Atom films short movie that came out about 2-3 years ago how anyone at sci fi thought it would do good is beyond me. Then again the Sci Fi channel has proven pretty good at canning good shows to push crap.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Then again the Sci Fi channel has proven pretty good at canning good shows to push crap.

That's the scifi way. Cancel farscape, bring on 'scare tactics'. Blech.

I don't know which is worse: Scifi or fox. Fox had a funny show with andy richter, then they cancel it and bring on the horrid 'oliver beene'.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Then again the Sci Fi channel has proven pretty good at canning good shows to push crap.

I don't know which is worse: Scifi or fox. Fox had a funny show with andy richter, then they cancel it and bring on the horrid 'oliver beene'.

dude the guy who made Farscape got killed cant remember what tho
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Andy Richter was stupid, Oliver Beene was horrible.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay.  Go ahead and try it again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay.  Go ahead and try it again.

I think he means Jim Henson of Henson Productions.

Jim henson might have been in on the Very early work on Farscape, but I think he died way before it ever made it into production.

I agree with the stuff about the Sifi channel. Farscape was one of the (if not "The") highest rated shows ever on their network, had tons of viewer support, and was on the last season. Their answer.....Shitcan it anyway!  Assclowns!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They also shitcanned Tremors the series. At least we got to see that Barret's fire the right ammo for graboids.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont think tripping the rift was that bad.  I think the ones that were on the net were abit better.

and it has Darth Bobo
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Tripping the Rift is dumb IMHO.  

You want funny adult cartoons?  Watch Futurama or The Family Guy.   And if you want really strange but still funny adult cartoons, watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You want funny adult cartoons?  Watch Futurama or The Family Guy.   And if you want really strange but still funny adult cartoons, watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

ATHF rules.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATHF rules.

Fuckin'-A. I love that show.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck all you cretins!  This show rocks!  DARTH BOBO and hte cark Clown empire!

I love it.  It pokes fun at all the other Sci-fi shows and story lines!

Farscape was OK, but I lost interest after a while.  I never understood why they cancelled it though.

Stargate is fun to watch

We need Dr. Who to be resurected!

Babylon 5 ruled and there hasn't been anything this good since the last episode.

Isn't there some really hot Sci-fi show from England that the Sci-Fi channel refused to bring over?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Using classic sci fi movies/shows as comedic fodder is such a played theme and it definitely doesn't work on this show.

They should concentrate their CG efforts on real adult stuff, like a crazy nudity hentai style series on video.

Someone mentioned that TTR isn't as good as the ones on the net... was there more than one?

I dig SG-1... a good mix of sci-fi and .mil. Not like most military themed shows that go over the edge and make the .mil people out to be mindless war mongering boobs. They have pulled of that show pretty well, even if I haven't seen every episode I like to catch it when I can. I wonder if Atlantic will be able to pull it off as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top