Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 7:34:26 PM EDT
Reading the sex offender thread made me think of one of my old teachers.

One of them had lived in France, taught English for the French .gov to businessmen, toured Soviet Russia (used Marlboro Reds for currency), went to Yale, eventually got his PhD in theater, really cool guy.

He had a criminal record too.  He lived in a loft apt on the town square (because he owned the apt building) and the city was coming by to get the trash really early in the morning (or really late at night).  So he called the city and asked if they could come at least during sunlight hours instead of like 4am.  They told him some crap so the next morning when the trash collection came he called the mayor's home phone # and held the phone out the window.  That resulted in a call from the police.

I also saw him at every gun show for like 2 years straight while I was in high school, always wearing a shoulder holster or 2.  Had a nice gun collection and some military expirience.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top