BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/23/2021 9:50:30 AM EDT
Down almost 20% and still falling.

Is this the end of a great run?

Will it recover?

Elon Musk influences the market with simple tweets, what will he do to save Tesla stock and Bitcoin?

He has lost 15 Billion since tweeting that he believes Bitcoin and Ethereum are a little high.

UPDATE-  It hit bottom, now rocketing back up with a target of $900.  If you have wiggle room in your portfolio, take advantage.

For me this was a swing of almost 100k, but it is roaring back to where it should be.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
TLSA down 66 bucks.

Given how EVs are going to be the new thing (like it or not, thanks to legislation) and Tesla is on the cutting edge I always wanted to own some of their stock, but it's also got sticker shock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Will it recover?

Elon Musk influences the market with simple tweets, what will he do to save Tesla stock and Bitcoin?

He has lost 15 Billion since tweeting that he believes Bitcoin and Ethereum are a little high.
View Quote

Tesla stock can only be saved by actually generating sales and profits or the expectation of sales and profits that justifies it's price.

Bitcoin is another matter.  Nobody truly knows what fundamentals to measure a cryptocurrency by at this point and probably won't for a matter of years.  Bitcoin will take care of itself or it won't.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
He's not dumb.  He did it to create a BTC buying opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
With all the states and federal EV mandates coming, fuck no, it will only go up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tesla stock can only be saved by actually generating sales and profits or the expectation of sales and profits that justifies it's price.

Bitcoin is another matter.  Nobody truly knows what fundamentals to measure a cryptocurrency by at this point and probably won't for a matter of years.  Bitcoin will take care of itself or it won't.

View Quote

Things will get sporty when transactions finally start coming from the Satoshi wallet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. They either need to sell a car to every person in America, or they need to increase their margins tenfold to justify their share price.

It would take some sort of new product announcement or proof that they can increase profit margins by a large amount in order to keep the price high.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TLSA down 66 bucks.

Given how EVs are going to be the new thing (like it or not, thanks to legislation) and Tesla is on the cutting edge I always wanted to own some of their stock, but it's also got sticker shock.
View Quote

No, TSLA is down 106 since Monday.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Its $714.00 right now. I think they are doing ok.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Its $714.00 $677 in premarket right now. I think they are doing ok.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
The entire NASDAQ took a walloping yesterday, and the futures are down 234 points this morning.

Looking like another very bloody day for techs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
With all the states and federal EV mandates coming, fuck no, it will only go up.
View Quote

What you just stated doesn't guarantee the stock goes up.

Tesla actually has to sell the cars and generate the earnings to justify their share price.  Their market cap is substantially higher than car companies that sell 20x as many cars as they do.  Tesla couldn't sell that many cars in 2021 even if they had they miraculously had the demand for it.

Tesla also has credible competitors in 2021 unlike in prior years.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#12]

The fact that E vehicles are the future is entirely irrelevant if the price the stock isn't based on a reasonable estimate of the present value of future income.  A whole shitload of people decided E vehicles are the future, and completely ignored the most basic 100 level rules of valuation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Looking at my portfolio, the entire market has "popped".
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Tesla's are electric toys for the rich, with new cars over $70,000.

Only rich pussy faggots want them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone find shit in their Cheerios this morning?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Their valuation is not justified by any rationale measures, but that is the case with a lot of things in our bubble economy. The Fed has murdered price discovery with cheap money.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair even 100k is pretty cheap for a sports car that eats lambos for breakfast
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Their valuation is not justified by any rationale measures, but that is the case with a lot of things in our bubble economy. The Fed has murdered price discovery with cheap money.
View Quote

Cheap money? It's virtually worthless and fast approaching the status of "Monopoly" money. Hasbro has about as much street cred as the Treasury when they fire up the presses.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Lucid is trading today...

CCIV
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The entire NASDAQ took a walloping yesterday, and the futures are down 234 points this morning.

Looking like another very bloody day for techs.
View Quote

It's a good example of time in the market, and why you want a diversified portfolio. Too many people don't realize that investing is like running a marathon, not a sprint.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't know what you get with Tesla.  You don't find a big % of men tougher than I, I'm not rich, and very into women, big boobed women.  Yet, likely to get a tesla truck in about 3 years.  main reason is I'm tired of the constant repairs on the vehicles I have owned in the last 10+ years.   I know 2 people ith Tesla cars and want that kind of reliability and modern tech.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Tesla's market cap is almost 2X that of Ford, GM, Fiat Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan COMBINED.

Yeah that makes sense.  If you think that in the decade or so all cars sold will be Teslas.

It has a long way to fall.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Elon Musk has pissed off other powerful people, including the Biden Administration.  TSLA is going to be left out in the cold in the next cash for clunkers, and Spacex is going to be heavily regulated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Their bubble hasn't come close to popping. They are massively overvalued.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#26]
LOL.  the bubble hasn't popped at all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#27]
never mind. don't argue with six toe sister fucking dumbass rednecks. it only makes them happy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#28]
after the 5 to 1 split this summer it was just under $500 then it dropped to about $330 before it started its next run. Back in March last year it was at split adjusted price in the 70s
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#29]
The economics of scale means Tesla will never compete with the large global automakers .
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Their bubble hasn't come close to popping. They are massively overvalued.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Will it recover?

View Quote

Accumulation and Distribution.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#32]
If Musk doesn't stack physical silver, he's f*cked.  No silver, no electric cars.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#33]
The value doesn't have real justification.  Electric cars are the future and the other makers will adapt when there is an actual demand for the cars.  Tesla will need pretty much every other automaker to go out of business to ever profits that justify current price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its $714.00 $677 in premarket right now. I think they are doing ok.

Buy, buy, buy. To the moon!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#35]
It was Texas's fault.  actually he has some good points.

Texas Just Ended the Future of Electric Cars in America

But very similar arguments used to be made about petrol vs diesel.

https://www.liveabout.com/diesel-engines-vs-gas-engines-281659
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

To be fair even 100k is pretty cheap for a sports car that eats lambos for breakfast
View Quote

ignorance is bliss.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tesla's market cap is almost 2X that of Ford, GM, Fiat Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan COMBINED.

Yeah that makes sense.  If you think that in the decade or so all cars sold will be Teslas.

It has a long way to fall.
View Quote
This. It's fucking insane how overvalued it is.

Ford alone sold more SUVs in 2020 then Tesla sold total vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#38]
A friend of mine from high school is an owner/operator of a tow truck.  He contracts with Coparts doing somewhere between 5 and 10 runs a day.

In our county of 300K people, he says he brings 3-4 Teslas to Coparts a week, totaled from battery fires.

I don't know if he's exaggerating, or spot on.  But, there is probably something going on for him to have even noticed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A friend of mine from high school is an owner/operator of a tow truck.  He contracts with Coparts doing somewhere between 5 and 10 runs a day.

In our county of 300K people, he says he brings 3-4 Teslas to Coparts a week, totaled from battery fires.

I don't know if he's exaggerating, or spot on.  But, there is probably something going on for him to have even noticed.
View Quote

I think something was misunderstood with that. I doubt ~10% of his entire business is hauling burnt Teslas. That's hundreds per year, probably more than are being sold in that county.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#40]
If he doesn't jump on the bagillionaire demorat bandwagon like much of his counterparts in Silicon Valley, then the demorats in power will do everything they can to bring down the stock.  I don't think they will be successful, but they will hurt the stock from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think something was misunderstood with that. I doubt ~10% of his entire business is hauling burnt Teslas. That's hundreds per year, probably more than are being sold in that county.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't stop for a moment and run the actual numbers, it sounds a lot scarier
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#42]
I love the thoughts of a Tesla and would own one if I could afford it.

The cost to play is too high. They need a model T and need to sell millions.

Musk is a smart guy but is out of touch on what most Americans can afford or justify purchasing.

The model 3 was supposed to fill this niche but still ended up costing like a MB. Most people want a well appointed $20k car not a $45-50k car.

The model T can be a bit slower to get the range and needs to be a CUV that soccer moms will drive and dads won’t be embarrassed to be seen in. $25-35k and they would jump out the factory.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Looking at my portfolio, the entire market has "popped".
View Quote

The Bidening
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Little known (or understood) fact...Tesla is profitable because they sell their overflow regulatory credits to other manufacturers, not cars to consumers.

BTW, at one point Harley made much more money from clothing sales than motorcycles. Probably still do.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Will it recover?

View Quote
Musk bought 1.5Bil in Bitcoin at 36-37K, it is still in the mid 40's, He has not lost on bitcoin.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm skeptical of the claim as well, but it's his story, and no reason to tell him he's full of shit.  But, like I said earlier, there is probably a higher than expected rate of Teslas burning for him to notice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#47]
In December it was below $400, it's far too early to call it a pop.

Get back to us with your pop talk when it's at $50.

People who were buying at $950 will probably hit hard now and send it over $1k.

I sold at $455 so the joke's on me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#48]
2.2 million EV’s were built in 2020.

It’ll be 20 million by 2025.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t believe you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will it recover?

What if Bitcoin's value is simply a measure of tyranny?  Talk about a self-defeating situation.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top