Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2021 7:47:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Aimless—serious question:  aren’t you a lawyer?

Accept MSM as propaganda & it makes perfect sense.....

Here.....in the Twilight Zone.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Still not sure why it's so scary.  Without ghosts voting liberals couldn't win elections.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Because "Ghost Gun" sounds...   SCARY!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2021/02/man-charged-with-having-ghost-gun-after-lysander-shooting-police-say.html

Some psycho shot his neighbor after an argument over a car. State police make it sound like he used a gun that was illegal because he built it. But the law prohibiting "ghost guns" hasn't passed yet. I bet he was charged with having an illegal assault rifle. Why did the State Police mention it was a ghost gun? You know why
View Quote

I was asking myself the same question this morning. I saw the original article yesterday with no details so I went back this morning and checked the update.

They say its a ghost gun but is it a pistol? That I would say would be trouble since in NYS it has to be on your permit. If it is a AR 80% then it should be legal at this time unless he is prohibited from having it or is violating our dear leaders proclamation in one way or another.

You'd think that the reporter would clarify

Oh I forgot, it's the buzz word of the year in NY.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they think that's scary, just wait until they figure out that the contraband pipeline that successfully smuggles hundreds of tons of drugs and thousands of people into the country every year can also move guns, ammo, and explosives if the demand is there.
View Quote
They already know about that but they allow that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys are wondering how the authorities put out incorrect information about "ghost guns"?

Anti-Gun Senator Kevin De Leon Makes a Fool of Himself
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Looked up the statute.  It's a possession with intent to use unlawfully agaibst a person charge.  Nothing to do with "ghost guns".  Just stupid reporters.  Charge may be bullshit.  Hitting someone in the head with a shovel is lethal force.  I wonder if Aimless missed that part in determining the guy was "psycho".

Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#10]
shovels are kind of dangerous

also 27-year-old son and 44-year-old father, lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Once again, the Left has a better marketing department than the Right.

They say...

Ghost gun
Weapons of war
Gun violence
Assault weapon
Climate crisis

...and encapsulate whole ideas into a couple of words. (Three of the above alliterate, too.) Their words generate an immediate thought or reaction.

We end up just explaining, with too many words, why their words are wrong. Go ahead, explain why it's not a ghost gun, a weapon of war, an assault weapon. Average people will fall asleep listening to the details.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Another report says it was a handgun.
So if it's not serialized it can't be registered to him thus illegal in NYS
Even though possession of an 80% isn't illegal yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah "ghost" guns.  They are freakin' scary and probably used in 99.99% of all crimes.  "good" guns are ones that won't go off by themselves - or even when you pull the trigger.

"We need safer guns and safer bullets." ~  Joycelyn Elders, Clinton's Surgeon General.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top